|BOOT & DOWN Animation| HTC Black

Search This thread

Tinchoska

Jul 19, 2011
Hudson, Buenos Aires
I don't know which ROM you are using, but try to find bootanimation and downanimation on this folders...

system/customize/resources
or
data/local

And don't forget to set a permision to rw-r-r

Ok, but another thing on downanimation zip is a folder call android with some pics inside, the question is, I have to rename zip into downanimation and replace the One by default?

Enviado desde mi HTC Sensation Z710e usando Tapatalk 2

mexxxico

Jun 10, 2010
Ok, but another thing on downanimation zip is a folder call android with some pics inside, the question is, I have to rename zip into downanimation and replace the One by default?

Enviado desde mi HTC Sensation Z710e usando Tapatalk 2

Animations that you want to copy must have the same name as the old animation.

The old animation you can rename the bootanimation.bak and downanimation.bak

Tinchoska

Jul 19, 2011
Hudson, Buenos Aires
I don't know which ROM you are using, but try to find bootanimation and downanimation on this folders...

system/customize/resources
or
data/local

And don't forget to set a permision to rw-r-r

Hey dude, I have been looking for downanimation but I dont found it.... If I flash it on recovery, it will be set?

Enviado desde mi HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio usando Tapatalk 2

crayon16

Apr 21, 2012
Manila
May i request, if you can make an original HTC splash image but black background(inverted).
And additional slide for this boot animation:
bootup_htc_one_00060.png

could you please add the beats logo animation after the HTC sensation slides. thanks! :)

Hi mexxxico, could you grant my request? im still waiting for it. tia

mexxxico

Jun 10, 2010
Hey dude, I have been looking for downanimation but I dont found it.... If I flash it on recovery, it will be set?

Enviado desde mi HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio usando Tapatalk 2

Nope, coz that's not a flashable zip.
I made an animation, but you have to find where is the original animations.
If you can not find, ask in your ROM thread.

Hi mexxxico, could you grant my request? im still waiting for it. tia

Here is your splash screen ('original' black htc splash')

And here is your bootanimation (If I understood well)

Test if it works well because I really don't have time these days :(

Reactions: Tinchoska

crayon16

Apr 21, 2012
Manila
Here is your splash screen ('original' black htc splash')

And here is your bootanimation (If I understood well)

Test if it works well because I really don't have time these days :(

The splash is correct thanks for that, but the boot animation is still the same.
This is the boot animation i want you to configure adding the beats logo animation after this. hope you get it :)
bootup_htc_one_00060.png

mexxxico

Jun 10, 2010
The splash is correct thanks for that, but the boot animation is still the same.
This is the boot animation i want you to configure adding the beats logo animation after this. hope you get it :)
bootup_htc_one_00060.png

Try this and tell if it works because I have no where to test

If everything is ok now, I'll put it in first post.

sistemia

Feb 10, 2012
The first thing I wanted to do after I root my HTC Sensation was to change the boot animation from 'screaming' white to black.

So for those who want the original, but black HTC boot animation they are free to take it from here :)

As you wish, thread updated with matching downanimation :)

P.S. 1
Adding the original boot animation & down, if someone needed ;)

P.S. 2
Added splash_screen (splash.img)
Flash it with adb.
(adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash splash1 splash.img)

Help! beautiful! congratulations on the excellent work!
question: this package is compatible with htc evo 3d? if you can kindly email me the instructions to install splash and downanimation?

thanks

mexxxico

Jun 10, 2010
Help! beautiful! congratulations on the excellent work!
question: this package is compatible with htc evo 3d? if you can kindly email me the instructions to install splash and downanimation?

thanks

Tnx m8

Yes, the package is compatible with htc evo 3d, but this zip is not a flashable:
• copy the bootanimation.zip and downanimation.zip files from this thread to your sdcard
• using Root Explorer or any other Root file browser (or adb, but i guess you wouldnt need to read this...), traverse to the /system/customize/resource folder
• rename the current bootanimation.zip and/or downanimation.zip files if you wish to keep it/them as a backup (i usually change the extension to [filename].zip.bak)
• Copy the new boot/downanimations.zip from the SD card to the bootanimation directory
• Reboot the phone and enjoy :)

To install splash screen, your htc evo 3d must be a S-OFF.
Flash it with adb

fastboot flash is a fastboot command. the short version of using it to flash a splash image would be:
• put image into folder that contains adb/fastboot utilitys
• open cmd window and chage to that directory
• put phone in fastboot mode and connect
• type fastboot devices
if you get a serial number,then youre connected.
• fastboot flash splash1 splashimagename.img (splashimagename.img --- your name of pic.img)
• fastboot reboot

Enjoy

W!m_

Mar 8, 2009
Some info if the tools fails for you on 4.2.2.
I had to update the content of the "other" folder with the newer adb.exe etc. found in the "platform-tools" folder of the newest android SDK.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The first thing I wanted to do after I root my HTC Sensation was to change the boot animation from 'screaming' white to black.

So for those who want the original, but black HTC boot animation they are free to take it from here :)

P.S. 1
    Adding the original boot animation & down, if someone needed ;)

P.S. 2
    Added splash_screen (splash.img)
    Flash it with adb.
    (adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash splash1 splash.img)
    Thanks a lot for this thread-- the blinding white HTC screen was getting on my nerves too :]

I've gone ahead and repackaged one of the bootanimation frames into a splash image, just in case anyone else wanted that instead of the sassy Android guy. (God damn it he's so sassy.)
    I cant make this. I do everything and no way. I have on my phone white bootanimation and beat animation. I try to repacked to put black bootanimation and beats and than it is only black.

take the attached bootanimation.zip and copy it to where your current bootanimation is located.

this should be what you are looking for.
    Any chance you're gonna do a downanimation.zip to match? That'd be pretty sweet!

Hello,
    simple way to instal, go with Rootexplorer in
    System/media an overright the bootanimation....

There is no bootanimation there

EDIT: Just found this thread. Got the splash screen and boot animation blacked out now! I like it much better that way.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1193937