[Q] Problem while flashing CM7 for Thunderbolt. RC1.7 (phone is not booting)

Search This thread

bitterboy

Sep 20, 2011
Millburn, NJ
Hi,

I successfully rooted my phone using Youtube tutorial without wiping data (revolutionary.io).

After that, I downloaded ROM Manager and tried to flash CM7 for Thunderbolt. RC1.7. While rebooting at that time, the Cyanogen mod screen appears and nothing happens. I am unable to proceed further and the phone is not booting. The phone is displaying that screen for more than 12 hours now. I tried removing the battery, reboot and nothing worked.

Did it get bricked? Can anyone help me resolving this?

Thanks,
Kala

RevosFTS

Aug 23, 2011
Did you make a backup before flashing cm7?
Do you know how to boot into your bootloader?

Sent from my Bolt running LTB 3.0

bpyazel

Apr 8, 2010
Sounds like you didn't clear data and cache when it asked before install. You are going to have to clear them and probably have to reinstall from clockwork recovery.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: bitterboy

RevosFTS

Aug 23, 2011
Yeah go into bootloader(power off then hold volume down button and power together) choose option for recovery. Wipe data/cache and reflash your rom. Lemme know if it works for ya.

Liquid Gingerbread 3.0

Reactions: bitterboy

bitterboy

Sep 20, 2011
Millburn, NJ
Yeah go into bootloader(power off then hold volume down button and power together) choose option for recovery. Wipe data/cache and reflash your rom. Lemme know if it works for ya.

Liquid Gingerbread 3.0

I am able to come to that screen and see different options there (ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.1)! There are 2 options to choose here to wipe:

1) wipe data/factory reset
2) wipe cache partition

Do I need to choose any of them or choose to install zip from sd card?

Thank you very much!

bpyazel

Apr 8, 2010
Choose both of those and then install zip from sdcard. Since you downloaded within rom manager it will be buried somewhere in the clockworkmod directory.

bitterboy

Sep 20, 2011
Millburn, NJ
Thank you all

It worked...I am able to boot with the new ROM. As I didn't back up, I lost all my data though! Will my contacts be anywhere and is there a way that I can get them back?

Thank you all once again!

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

It's interesting! I don't see android market place here in this ROM...am I not seeing it right?

Thanks,
Kala

stedrocklp

May 9, 2010
Maine
If your contacts were synced with your google account they should just auto-populate. You always want to wipe data/cache 3x before you flash a rom.

bpyazel

Apr 8, 2010
For legal reasons they don't include the market with their rom. It must be flashed separately.

LexusJCO

Mar 29, 2011
Same happened to me.. When I go bootloader(power off then hold volume down button and power together) it will not let me go down to recovery. it automatically does fast boot. I've been stuck on the CM7 boot screen for 3 hours. Anyother options?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sounds like you didn't clear data and cache when it asked before install. You are going to have to clear them and probably have to reinstall from clockwork recovery.

Liquid Gingerbread 3.0