AT&T to release OTA update on Dec. 27 to enable Multi-Window on Note II

Search This thread

colonel187

Jul 3, 2010
Nowhere
I had to return to stock and then change the date forward about 4 times before it would update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

carhigh

Mar 13, 2009
Ct
mines downloading the update right now. Havent tried the wifes yet.. dont think its gonna install though, being rooted

carhigh

Mar 13, 2009
Ct
MOD EDIT...ON THE ORIGINAL POST

wtf register to download that??????????

Last edited by a moderator:
J

juwttt

Mine still says no update avaliable trued 5 times...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Woogie360

Nov 8, 2012
I just unrooted and gave it another shot.. No luck. Before unrooting I got to 30%, now I get the error after the reboot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Reactions: slicingtaco

jmacdonald19

Jul 12, 2008
Minneapolis
I reverted completely back to stock, was able to install the update and have made a nandroid backup using TWRP. I've since been able to root and I'm restoring my apps (no data) using Titanium Backup.

Is the nandroid usable by developers? I'm no developer, so I honestly don't know how they make their awesome ROMs. Devs are welcome to PM me, I'll see if I can post the backup in my dropbox or something.

As a donator, do I have access to put uploads on goo.im? Anyone have any idea?

Scythe024

Nov 14, 2011
Got home, connected to wifi, searched, it was available 1st time i searched, updated.

1st Quadrant score 6576
2nd Quadrant score 6957
3rd Quadrant score 6823

Completely stock right after install

merics

May 20, 2012
flipboard.com
Update in progress

I just unrooted and gave it another shot.. No luck. Before unrooting I got to 30%, now I get the error after the reboot.

Checked for update, said not available, check again in 10 hours. Went into date and time, unchecked the network time and adjusted the date ahead by 1 day and "whoot there it is", ATT Software Update available. Downloading right now178.92mb.

jmacdonald19

Jul 12, 2008
Minneapolis
Got home, connected to wifi, searched, it was available 1st time i searched, updated.

1st Quadrant score 6576
2nd Quadrant score 6957
3rd Quadrant score 6823

Completely stock right after install

Those are nice scores for a stock kernel :) can't wait to get a gauge on the battery life. And, it seems petty, but I've missed the stock 4G LTE icon ;)

chris82o

Feb 25, 2008
los angeles
Sweet I did a check fir update and it started

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356653991167.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356653991167.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 313

theorioles33

Feb 15, 2011
Ok guys, heres an update. was rooted on stock wasn't able to update. I was getting the not enough memory error. I then removed root from SU and i kept getting failed update error at around 30%. Finally downloaded stock recovery from MOD EDIT: PLEASE PROVIDE A NON REGISTRATION LINK/SITE and tried again with great success! I suggest this to anyone experiencing the same OTA update problems as i did. NOW have working multi view woot!:victory:

This is what I ended up doing. Thanks!

TJCacher

Jul 11, 2006
Springfield, MO
I have just completed the OTA upgrade. It appears to be a full 4.1.2 upgrade. Screenshot of system info:

uploadfromtaptalk1356654516485.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, guys, go blow up my Mediafire account. update.zip. I used the /cache method and stock recovery, didn't wipe my phone but did break root; you are welcome to CWM it in Recovery, but it will wipe. Enjoy it while it lasts ;)
    Why would you be rooted and not already running multiview?

Some people want root and don't want custom roms that break stuff. I used to be a rom flashing whore but now i just root and de-bloat the stock rom.

thanks for the link!
    There's a button for that ;)
    Thanks! So that's the file that gets downloaded OTA? Can I just transfer that to my (stock, unrooted) phone somewhere and then proceed with the update as though I had gotten it OTA? (The update still isn't available to me OTA.) Sorry for the naive questions!

I was able to update my phone with the file that plastikman187 posted. Here's what I did.

0. Root phone with exynos exploit apk.
    1. Download the file onto your phone
    2. rename it from a .cfg to a .zip (not sure if this is necessary)
    3. Use some sort of root file explorer to copy the zip file into the /cache directory. (I used es file explorer with root privaledges).
    4. Boot phone into recovery mode by powering off and then holding (vol up + power + home)
    5. Choose the apply update via cache option and select the downloaded zip.
    6. Some terminal crap will spew out and eventually the phone will restart.
    7. Let it boot and soon you'll see the "android is upgrading"

I can confirm that multiwindows works after forcing the update. The flash counter is not modified by rooting and applying the update.

Good luck everyone and enjoy your multiwindows updates :). Also screw ATT for making me wait while my girlfriend brags about chatting and watching movies simultaneously.