EQ That's Better than Beats Audio!

Search This thread

zZDave_Stud

Aug 12, 2011
Pennsylvania
Screenshot_2012-02-12-13-46-19.png

Since my ICS rom lacks the Beats Audio EQ, I decided I'd play around with DSP manager to get a beats audio like sound. To my surprise, I found an EQ that in my opinion, that sounds better than the beats audio EQ found in the stock HTC music player. Use these settings in DSP and tell me what you think!

Reactions: mad1100

evilstewie23

Jul 6, 2011
That sounds good but I use these with beats enabled

The dynamic range is off

a6fa40fe-1fb0-8c8d.jpg

a6fa40fe-1fbd-afb9.jpg

sent from my sexy Htc Rezound

jmorton10

Jul 1, 2008
Rochester, NY
I also use both Beats and DSPManager together.

I'm sure with enough tweaking you could get the same sound without the BEATS EQ, but why bother?? Beats makes it simple (with ANY headset) and sounds awesome.

Sleek69

Mar 26, 2011
EQ's always sound better/worse with different kinds of music. Something that sounds amazing for dubstep sounds like garbage for country.

Volkaru

Jan 14, 2012
Oregon City
There was actually a whole five page thread about this a little while ago, All the DSP posted are meant to enhance beats, but they honestly sound amazing with beats turned off, too. The second image in post 24 is the one I use the most, that plus virtual room turned to stage has a very interesting but pleasing sound once you get used to it. [Please note than some ROMs for some reason handle the virtual room settings differently, ineffabilis GB 1.0 for some reason doesn't play nice with virtual room settings, but stock and CleanROM 1.6.5 does]

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1396281

Ndaoud360

Oct 19, 2009
Please tell me your running ICS cause no version of DSP at all will work on ICS well at least the roms I ran. Worked on GB but no sound changes when applying on ICS.

K

knowledge561

I use both DSP along with Poweramp Eq to get a nice mixed sound.

Twitter: @knowledge561
Blog: knowledgexswag.tumblr.com

brando56894

Dec 16, 2010
Jersey City
EQ's always sound better/worse with different kinds of music. Something that sounds amazing for dubstep sounds like garbage for country.

Exactly. I listen to a lot of Hard Rock/Heavy Metal/Hardcore and Beats kind of pisses me off at times because the thumping from the double bass drum and detuned bass guitar drowns out the guitars and vocals at times. :mad:

platinumrims

Dec 28, 2010
I use volume+ works pretty dam good, I use the diddy beats ear buds most of the time. They sound absolutely amazing with my tweaks... The ibeats (stock ).sound really good too,

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
just tried both dsp and volume+ (paid version) on cleanROM 2.3 (ICS) and had absolutely no change in the audio, either on the headset (beats) or speaker.
In ICS, there is a setting we don't have under sounds for media effects that needs to be enabled. Using volume+, it tried to take me to that setting but it doesn't exist on my ROM.

jmorton10

Jul 1, 2008
Rochester, NY
I have Volume Control Plus (paid version). I have used it in my last 4 phones & I love being able to lock the volume so I don't accidentally turn off the ringer etc while it's in my pocket.

I don't see any EQ type settings anywhere in the app however. Am I talking about the wrong app or am I just missing some settings???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The dsp manager posted no longer works with the newest leak. Anyone have a new one

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

anyone have an updated dsp manager that works on the new ics leak? this one works for a sec but if you turn the volume lvl + or - dsp stops working.

Tested. It works with new leak. Flash in Recovery

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=970991&d=1332997130

by timbrendelaz
    Screenshot_2012-02-12-13-46-19.png

Since my ICS rom lacks the Beats Audio EQ, I decided I'd play around with DSP manager to get a beats audio like sound. To my surprise, I found an EQ that in my opinion, that sounds better than the beats audio EQ found in the stock HTC music player. Use these settings in DSP and tell me what you think!
    This. Beats is such a gimmick. Just use a good eq addon or something the music player already has. Headphones and buds have their own sonic signature. And then there is the mixing engineer/recording artist that puts their own sonic signature on the tracks (btw, don't you want to hear what they had envisioned in the music?) And finally there is Beats on top of all that. What if the music is mixed with a heavy bass line in the first place. Beats is gonna make it even better? Just the opposite.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.
    Lol there are two threads on similar topics.

Yea if I only experienced beats with their standard eq I would absolutely never ever spend more than 20 or 30 dollars on them, if that. But they do put out some good quality products. The EQ is just meh and lame most of the time though.
    If you wouldn't mind , I would like that apk if you have time to post it. I am at work so no hurry. Thank you
    Here is the DSP Manager that works on my ICS rom

Download DSP Manager
    I'd say just about anything is better than beats. To each their own though!