[Q] Change lockscreen on stock/deblur ROM?

Search This thread

slick69

Jun 21, 2007
I rooted and deblurred my Photon, and now I'm happily running ADW Launcher with an ICS theme. Now, is there a way to change the lockscreen as well? I'd love to be able to access the camera directly from the lockscreen.

w0lf215

Oct 21, 2011
Theres also widget locker, and MANY others. search around or look on play store youll find many choices

tony442

Mar 9, 2011
You could always test each and see which is the most functional for you...you can also try locked roms such as rocko and imperial found in the development section

fendergrab

Feb 6, 2010
The most reliable one I've found is MiLocker, it has alot of options too.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

dragontology

Dec 29, 2010
North Carolina
I've come to the determination that WidgetLocker is the cheapest, most configurable lock screen.

GO Locker and Magic Locker are both free to install, but each theme can only be configured a little bit. Free ones are rare and limited, and you're asked to pay at every turn. It's really annoying. I scored WL for 99¢ on sale, but even for the full price of $2.99, it's worth it to pay once and never be bothered again.

Also, you can configure your launch screen pretty much any way you like. There are some cool unlock gimmicks I've seen other launchers use, and I wish WL would add some of them, but the fact that you can make your own lock screen is pretty cool. I wish I could configure one up and save it, and repeat, and have a gallery of lock screens I've made, like the others have, but I'm fine just evolving the one as I see fit.

WL doesn't work on its own, and I don't suppose any of them do. You have to download an app called "No Lock" to get rid of the stock lock screen.

And none of these are valid options if you want security. For that, you have to disable your custom lock screen and use the system one.

fendergrab

Feb 6, 2010
Actually MiLocker is totally free, doesn't ask for donations and after reboot the stock lock screen shows up once then it's just MiLocker. The only down side is many of the themes use Asia characters in them.

slick69

Jun 21, 2007
Actually MiLocker is totally free, doesn't ask for donations and after reboot the stock lock screen shows up once then it's just MiLocker. The only down side is many of the themes use Asia characters in them.

Is it compatible with the stock ROM, or MIUI only? I had a good time customizing the lockscreen and such when I ran MIUI on my EVO. :eek: