Att one x won't even check for updates

Search This thread

savage388

Dec 3, 2012
I did manage to download the first 16mb "pre-update" but every time I go to check for updates it won't do anything at all. I've tried restarting and even changed between a few apns and nothing helps? Ive seen people having this problem but no solutions. Can anyone help me?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

savage388

Dec 3, 2012
So there's really no simple way to do this. I have the otapkg.zip in my phone but it's only 2.57 kb. Could it be a failed download? I got a message that HTCdm stopped working earlier. Sorry for the noobish question, even after a year on android in not all that familiar.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
It doesn't seem all that difficult to me. As long as you're SuperCID and s-off it should be simple. Did you read the whole thread? There's nothing I can really tell you here that hasn't already been said there. Your simplest option is the RUU.

Sent from my Evita

savage388

Dec 3, 2012
Yea I read pretty much all of it, I'm completely stock so I'm not sure what amount applies. The only reason I was trying to get around manually downloading it is that my horrible internet connection at home which makes it a full day of downloading.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Either way, you're gonna have to download it somehow. The RUU is the easiest way. If you ever want to modify your phone though it must be done before taking this update because the current exploit has been patched in the update. You'll get a much better experience on a custom ROM but that's entirely up to you.

Sent from my Evita

savage388

Dec 3, 2012
I tried that and deleting the data on the Google services framework too, got nothing. So I guess this weekend I'll do the ruu.