[Q] 4.3 modem on 4.4 rom

Search This thread

p2kmafia

Apr 26, 2012
Is there an issue with using the 4.3 modem on the 4.4 rom? I recently went to TW 4.3 but then went back to 4.4 AOSB and some of my apps don't get data connection and I seem to have terrible service everywhere?

If so where can I find a usable modem?

Thanks in advance

p2kmafia

Apr 26, 2012
ohhh ok so if I have already upgraded the firmware I should odin back to stock 4.2, then I can load the modem and my 4.4 rom?

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
ohhh ok so if I have already upgraded the firmware I should odin back to stock 4.2, then I can load the modem and my 4.4 rom?

No.

#1,There is no stock 4.2.

#2, if you did flash the 4.3 firmware you'd be stuck on stock 4.3. This isn't your case at all since you're on aosp 4.4.

If you're having signal issues you're free to flash mf1 or mb1 aio firmware zips. But you can only flash the 4.3 ml1 modem zip.

Does that make sense?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

lakingslayer

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Is there an issue with using the 4.3 modem on the 4.4 rom? I recently went to TW 4.3 but then went back to 4.4 AOSB and some of my apps don't get data connection and I seem to have terrible service everywhere?

Thanks in advance
I've seen the same issue on ASOB with the with ML1 BB and MF1 FW. I put my phone back to MB1 (Android 4.1.2) with Odin and re-rooted it and installed a custom recovery and then loaded the ASOB 1.3.1. I then loaded MF1 FW then ML1 BB. Seems to work fine now.

Reactions: p2kmafia

Wh1t3Rose

I've seen the same issue on ASOB with the with ML1 BB and MF1 FW. I put my phone back to MB1 (Android 4.1.2) with Odin and re-rooted it and installed a custom recovery and then loaded the ASOB 1.3.1. I then loaded MF1 FW then ML1 BB. Seems to work fine now.

You must switching modems not firmware. There is HUGE difference. If you are loading the ML1 firmware then you can't go back previous firmwares. Period. But you can go back on the modems.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
You must switching modems not firmware. There is HUGE difference. If you are loading the ML1 firmware then you can't go back previous firmwares. Period. But you can go back on the modems.

He did it correctly, mf1 firmware to ml1 baseband (modem).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

p2kmafia

Apr 26, 2012
ya I definitely didn't flash the firmware then because I specifically waited to make sure I didn't get screwed. I guess something in the flashing process went wrong and I'm going to try a new rom to see if that fixes it. If not then I'll just re-odin like lakingslayer did and hopefully my problem will be gone.

Thanks guys!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are on a 4.4 AOSP ROM then you can update your modem to the latest. ML1. Just update the modem NOT the ML1 firmware

Thanks in advance