Issues with custom kernel/rom on SM-T310

Search This thread

scorpion1288

Oct 23, 2013
So,
I rooted my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 and then installed a custom ROM and Kernel that Arshull had on here. Well it has been causing issues, if I leave my tab sitting around the tablet will turn itself off. I have to restart the tablet by holding the power button and sometimes that doesn't even work, the back and options buttons will light up but the screen will stay dark, in which case I will hold power and home together to make the tablet come on. I have the newest Kernel installed as well as the ROM. At this point it's more annoying to have them than helpful. There doesn't seem to be much development on the ROMs and Kernels for this particular tablet, which is disappointing. I am going to try the custom stuff on my S3 and see if I have better luck with that. Either way, if someone can help me get back to the stock Rom and kernel, that would be great.

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
So,
I rooted my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 and then installed a custom ROM and Kernel that Arshull had on here. Well it has been causing issues, if I leave my tab sitting around the tablet will turn itself off. I have to restart the tablet by holding the power button and sometimes that doesn't even work, the back and options buttons will light up but the screen will stay dark, in which case I will hold power and home together to make the tablet come on. I have the newest Kernel installed as well as the ROM. At this point it's more annoying to have them than helpful. There doesn't seem to be much development on the ROMs and Kernels for this particular tablet, which is disappointing. I am going to try the custom stuff on my S3 and see if I have better luck with that. Either way, if someone can help me get back to the stock Rom and kernel, that would be great.

Go to http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ and search for T310. Find the one firmware for your region and download it. Install it using Odin. That will give your stock everything.

uptownkenshi

Oct 25, 2013
This is less than ideal...

I seem to have bunged my T310 similar to the OP: I rooted my tab and flashed TWRP, flashed the kernel in question, then froze some of the bloatware using Titanium. For a stretch it was working fine, then I noticed wifi wasn't working—I attributed this to an install of Adblock Plus I assumed I hadn't set up completely—then I discovered I was getting only a blank screen on waking the device (I've got Samsung's magnetic cover on it), and that the battery was draining to the point of the tab turning itself off once a day, even from a full charge. I flashed the stock firmware named above, but continue to have issues.

I'm now back to stock recovery, and can access that and download mode like normal (in download mode, my status up top reads Product Name: SM-T310_NA; Current Binary is Samsung Official; and System Status is still Custom). On my first boot after re-flashing, I can hear the startup tone but can only see a blank screen (the startup tone sometimes stutters), but then I can only boot up to a blank screen or a boot loop.

There are a couple of points where the goof could have occurred, so I'm not sure where to go next. Any advice would be much appreciated; please let me know if I've neglected any information that might round out the picture.

Also, perhaps this thread belongs under Q&A, Help and Troubleshooting?

new-noob

Jan 2, 2012
here
any update to screen turning off issue ?

Did you managed to fix it?

what kernel you installed?

I am having simila issues myself but think its coused the overclocking app

...let us know :)