Note 3 users, do you have a tablet too?

Search This thread

hipporun

Dec 21, 2013
Danville
I have a note 3 which is considered "the tablet phone", but to me it feels like a phone. I would love a tablet but don't know if it's worth the money since I already have a large phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Solarenemy68

Jul 28, 2009
Dallas
I had a 7" Acer Iconia tablet and Nokia Lumia 920. I got tired of carrying the tablet everywhere I thought I might need a tablet when the phone would not do. Lack of Android on phone of course. So I decided to get the Note 3 to replace both. Now I am happy and only have one daily carry item.. Not to mention the Note is only 1.3 inches smaller than my tablet and that I can live with. Still a huge screen compared to most phones and one of the highest resolutions out there for it's size.

beefgoat

Jul 13, 2011
Chicago
I have a Nexus 10. I use it to watch videos while I'm in bed.

hipporun

Dec 21, 2013
Danville
I have a Nexus 10. I use it to watch videos while I'm in bed.

Ok, from someone who has a nexus 10. Do you think I should get nexus 1O or wait a few weeks to see the nexus 1O 2? Is the nexus 1O still "up to par" spec and software wise compared to current tablets on the market now

beefgoat

Jul 13, 2011
Chicago
Ok, from someone who has a nexus 10. Do you think I should get nexus 1O or wait a few weeks to see the nexus 1O 2? Is the nexus 1O still "up to par" spec and software wise compared to current tablets on the market now

It isn't certain that there will be a new 10" Nexus device in the near future. I use my Nexus 10 for video due to the size of the screen and front facing stereo speakers. Still, my Note 3 feels much snappier. So far as advice is concerned, I would hold out until we see what is released in the next few months.

Solarenemy68

Jul 28, 2009
Dallas

Keep in mind the Nexus products DO NOT have SD card slots. So whatever internal memory they have, is all you get..

beefgoat

Jul 13, 2011
Chicago
Keep in mind the Nexus products DO NOT have SD card slots. So whatever internal memory they have, is all you get..

This has been a problem for me, I cannot keep more than a few HD films on my Nexus 10 before I must delete one to make space for another.

I believe this is a move, on Google's part, to force one to rely on the Play Store for a great deal of media content.

Edit: I have the 32gb Nexus 10.

Last edited:

jcannon318

Oct 6, 2012
I have an iPad air and my note 3. Really like iPad better than android tablets, just a personal preference for me.

heshamtecom

Nov 4, 2013
No Need!

I was in two minds, buying the Nexus 5 and a tablet or buying the Note 3. I bought the Note 3 and I am not regretting my choice. We you need a tablet just rotate the Note 3 and it's pretty much looks like 7 inch tablet.

miguelmaldonado

Dec 8, 2011
Cochabamba
i bought the note 3 so i didn't have the need to buy a tablet, and to me it's perfect, i won't buy any tablet at all! :)

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

slimslim

Oct 14, 2009
Avid reader here, I have to have my 7" galaxy tab 2, note 3 can't replace it in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

cptnappy

May 23, 2012
I'm currently sporting a Note 3 and an iPad Mini with retina display. Maybe I should've bought the iPad Air instead. I find myself not picking up the mini that much (except for long reads like ebooks).

If I needed something bigger I'd go for my laptop or Smart TV. :good:

undrwater

Aug 1, 2010
Cerritos
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3T
How does the surface work as a laptop? Does it get the job done

Great as a small laptop as long as you get the type cover. I spent about 2 hours typing up reports, and while it is not as nice as a mechanical keyboard, it works quite well. Touch and pen interface is very nice as is battery life. A bit heavy to hold for pure tablet use, but not obscenely so. If you're familiar with Windows 8 you won't have any surprises, if not it's a strange interface to get used to.

There are glitches and weirdness, but overall I find it a very productive tool.