Replacing HTC One S Battery

Search This thread

shuatree

Sep 10, 2010
HTC One S -- How to remove battery video

There are actually 6 screws to remove; 4 Phillips and 2 T5 Torx.

Dabman

Jan 6, 2012
for HTC One S/X/X+ u can use this same battery
u can put to One S battery from X ( 1800 ) or X+ ( 2100 ). U have to put it up side down, but will work great :)

azhao

Jan 22, 2011
Bottom Back Plate

I've been scouring the internet for information on this but all I could find was a single comment on a youtube video. When I remove the bottom back plate over the speaker I don't get a the two screws to undo, there's another plate there. Anyone else encountered this before when removing the bottom plate?

Jan 15, 2014
The bottomplate is actually two plates stacked on each other. Just remove the second plate carefully and you should get to those screws.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

superiscch

Jul 9, 2012
Oostende
Anyone here who had bought a new battery for his one S? (a normal one), I've been looking around but I'm a bit scared buying a bad one.

Therefore I'm asking for personal experience.

Frankyg

Installed One XC battery 2000mAh

I just replaced the battery with one I bought on ebay, I bought HTC EVO 4G LTE HTC One XC Internal Battery BJ75100 2000mAh. from ebay seller http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/easyphix

The install was easy, done on 20 mins or so. However, when I boot up the phone and start up Android Tuner Free, it's reporting the battery size to be 1650mah. I don't want to cause grief to the ebay seller before getting my facts straight. Is there any way that the phone could be misreporting the actual mAh rating?

Apart from trying to gauge unscientifically if I'm getting better battery life, does anyone know a reliable way to measure the mAh rating, or maybe the One S CANNOT report any more the 1650mAh? anyone throw any light on this?

Regards,

FrankyG

ps the ONE XC battery is slightly thicker than the original, so it does leave a very slightly gap, but it doesn't look or feel any different in the hand.

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
I just replaced the battery with one I bought on ebay, I bought HTC EVO 4G LTE HTC One XC Internal Battery BJ75100 2000mAh. from ebay seller http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/easyphix

The install was easy, done on 20 mins or so. However, when I boot up the phone and start up Android Tuner Free, it's reporting the battery size to be 1650mah. I don't want to cause grief to the ebay seller before getting my facts straight. Is there any way that the phone could be misreporting the actual mAh rating?

Apart from trying to gauge unscientifically if I'm getting better battery life, does anyone know a reliable way to measure the mAh rating, or maybe the One S CANNOT report any more the 1650mAh? anyone throw any light on this?

Regards,

FrankyG

ps the ONE XC battery is slightly thicker than the original, so it does leave a very slightly gap, but it doesn't look or feel any different in the hand.

I bough the same 1 on amazon it took 3 weeks but they sent 2:cyclops: the install process was also easy, the life was near 2x better than the original (from 7AM- 8PM with lot of usage ) . The battery doesn't tell the phone its capacity. Some do. but HTC One S will usually read the default values written in a file. And 3rd party apps too. You might find that the the icon will be stuck at 100% or any other %. that's because there is more juice than what it is programmed to read. From my experience, it was worthy, but now I'm on nexus 5.

oll0

Feb 6, 2014
Berlin
for HTC One S/X/X+ u can use this same battery
u can put to One S battery from X ( 1800 ) or X+ ( 2100 ). U have to put it up side down, but will work great :)

is it really that easy? No need to replaces cables? I have the international (or European) version of the One S. Very tempted to switch the battery for the One X+ piece!

Dabman

Jan 6, 2012
is it really that easy? No need to replaces cables? I have the international (or European) version of the One S. Very tempted to switch the battery for the One X+ piece!

is realy that easy, you just have to put up side down, because label is on second side for one x/x+ but cables are same, check it.

Reactions: oll0

svajo44

Jul 10, 2011
Karlstad
It's quite easy to change the battery, but take it easy when you put the phone together again. I broke the pin on the loud speaker!

sixty4h

Jan 26, 2011
My phone is getting close to 2 years old.

Is it worth upgrading the battery? Are the differences quite significant??

Which is the best option?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC One S Screen Repair Directions | DirectFix
    Check this video of One S disasembly out, it may be helpful. Removing the back cover doesn't seem hard at all and the battery is is not soldered, as you can see in the video (somewhere around 3:40 they remove the battery connector).
    Lols he's making out that because hes opened the back means it'll be so easy to replace battery leave him to it and in a few months we won't see hik on xda because he does not have a one s anymore lol

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

Allow me to disagree. It appears to be a very straight forward task. You have to:
    1. Remove the two plastic covers
    2. Unscrew 4 screws
    3. Unplug the old battery and plug in the new one
    4. Screw the 4 screws, mentioned in step 2
    5. Place back the plastic covers

If that sounds dangerous to you, maybe you are probably right not to do it yourself.

P.S. I do not take any responsibility whatsoever for other people's skills or lack of skills and the potential damage they may cause to their devices :D:D:D
    Lols he's making out that because hes opened the back means it'll be so easy to replace battery leave him to it and in a few months we won't see hik on xda because he does not have a one s anymore lol

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

LOL. You're assuming that I don't have the technical skill to take apart a phone because you lack the ability. The One S isn't my first rodeo; the process is straight forward and even a halfwit monkey could do it. If you lack the technical skills of a halfwit monkey than excuse me for my disrespect and I admire your willingness to blend into a social setting with your illness. :good:

Dont quote me on this but I've read while it's not hard to take the back out, the battery appeared to be soldered or some other way permanently attached. Not the battery itself but the wires coming from it. I heard the wires aren't just a clip connection to the board but soldered or some other way

Sent from my HTC One S on Axiom S

My battery, nor the wires, were soldered. I was/am thinking about transferring to black casing.

EDIT: Z3ra7uL; You got to the video first :] Plus thanks to you.
    So the battery wires were just a clip like connection then?

Sent from my HTC One S on Axiom S

Yup check the video posted in this thread by z3ra7ul, post #7 its a real nice teardown vid
    picture of one s battery

took pics of front and back of the One S battery. (US TMO version)

hopefully this helps someone out..?