[CWM] CWM-based Recovery for RK3188/RK3066/RK2928/RK2926/RK2918/RK2906

Search This thread

pppos

Nov 1, 2010
Does this CWM support MK802 II which is AllWinner A10 cpu?

I try to run CWM-MK802 III. But got a error message. looks like it can not recorgnize the MK802 II's partitions.
Code:
root@android:/sdcard # flash_image recovery  recovery.img                      
error scanning partitions: No such file or directory

Are you will to supply a MK802 II version?Thank you very much!:good:

evildave_666

May 7, 2011
Tokyo
Will this work on either version of the 808B? (I assume so)

Sources? I wouldn't mind porting to Pipo S1 (very similar to original Yuandao N70).

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
Yes the up/down/left arrows work but not the right (i think cuz we don't need a fourth function), but ONLY (so far) on the stock remote that comes with the X5.

I got your information. thanks.

then, sorry, I noticed I confused a bit about DPAD. as you said, it works.
about right button, if you tried it in "key test" on CWM, it should act as BACK(cancel) and you'll get menu.

btw I guess you tried some another app on Android for testing key codes, right?
I hope you tried it with same kernel as mine(from 0117 rom). I think scanCode is the raw code what I need.
from your information, I think VOLUME DOWN/UP, BACK, DPAD UP/DOWN/LEFT(as select)/RIGHT(as back) should work. and all other keys have no effect. right?

I think I should add a code for "OK" button as select.

Yes changing to update.zip works

I see. really thank you!

Last edited:

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
Will this work on either version of the 808B? (I assume so)

sorry, I don't know about "either version of the 808B". please tell me detail, or pointer about it.

I'll do things eventually. I'm always busy. and now I'm extremely busy for answering feedbacks and random questions :(
I couldn't touch my code for several days...

I wouldn't mind porting to Pipo S1 (very similar to original Yuandao N70).

you can try ramdisk-only image for now. feel free to port it to your tablet.

if you want a image from me, please tell me about latest official image. probably I can find latest official rom for Yuandao N70 from official site. if you are sure Pipo S1 and Yuandao N70 are 100% same, I'll make CWM for N70, then you can try it too.

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
I got a report that mouse doesn't work on CWM for UG007. I'm asking detail now, but if you know something about this, please let me know.

onelovekir

Apr 26, 2008
I got your information. thanks.

then, sorry, I noticed I confused a bit about DPAD. as you said, it works.
about right button, if you tried it in "key test" on CWM, it should act as BACK(cancel) and you'll get menu.

btw I guess you tried some another app on Android for testing key codes, right?
I hope you tried it with same kernel as mine(from 0117 rom). I think scanCode is the raw code what I need.
from your information, I think VOLUME DOWN/UP, BACK, DPAD UP/DOWN/LEFT(as select)/RIGHT(as back) should work. and all other keys have no effect. right?

I think I should add a code for "OK" button as select.

I see. really thank you!

Yes I used an app called Key Test and it was on the same kernel as 0117

having the "ok" button would be awesome! Just let me know if you need me to test anything for you, thanks a lot!

evildave_666

May 7, 2011
Tokyo
sorry, I don't know about "either version of the 808B". please tell me detail, or pointer about it.

I'll do things eventually. I'm always busy. and now I'm extremely busy for answering feedbacks and random questions :(
I couldn't touch my code for several days...

you can try ramdisk-only image for now. feel free to port it to your tablet.

if you want a image from me, please tell me about latest official image. probably I can find latest official rom for Yuandao N70 from official site. if you are sure Pipo S1 and Yuandao N70 are 100% same, I'll make CWM for N70, then you can try it too.

There are 2 major versions of MK808B out there. They're using the same case and markings so its causing people making roms a lot of trouble.

Main difference seems to be which BT and Wifi devices they're using. The second version is using a Mediatek Wifi/BT chip instead of RK902.

As for the PiPo S1, the latest official image I know of is here. There is a january image that is supposed to be official but I can't find a direct link from pipo for it.

It seems to be same hardware (screen resolution, wifi device, etc.) as Yuandao N70 except 8gb flash not 16. Can't say for sure if button definitions are the same.

Last edited:

stephencapes

Dec 2, 2007
iRulu AS107 Tablet

Hey guys, first off just let me give huge kudos to your guys for your contribution to these devices. I am actually looking to port this to this particular device iRulu AS107 Tablet which is of course based on the RK3066. I have tried repeatedly to use the build.clockworkmod.com to compile the recovery. Even tried it by including the recovery.fstab. Can you guys possible point me in the direction of how to get this working? I have a full original "update.img" firmware image. I've decompiled it all the way down to the zimages.... What do I need to do and what do you need from me. Leg work is not a issue. Thanks guys.

BTW this devices Boot and Recovery.img's both have a identical zimage is that normal.

Last edited:

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
There are 2 major versions of MK808B out there. They're using the same case and markings so its causing people making roms a lot of trouble.

Main difference seems to be which BT and Wifi devices they're using. The second version is using a Mediatek Wifi/BT chip instead of RK902.

thanks. then I need to get rom for different one. CWM doesn't use wifi/bt so CWM for MK808B may work on different one, but I don't recommend to use CWM on different hardware.

As for the PiPo S1, the latest official image I know of is here. There is a january image that is supposed to be official but I can't find a direct link from pipo for it.

It seems to be same hardware (screen resolution, wifi device, etc.) as Yuandao N70 except 8gb flash not 16. Can't say for sure if button definitions are the same.

I'll try to make CWM for these devices when I can get enough time.

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
Hey guys, first off just let me give huge kudos to your guys for your contribution to these devices. I am actually looking to port this to this particular device iRulu AS107 Tablet which is of course based on the RK3066. I have tried repeatedly to use the build.clockworkmod.com to compile the recovery. Even tried it by including the recovery.fstab. Can you guys possible point me in the direction of how to get this working? I have a full original "update.img" firmware image. I've decompiled it all the way down to the zimages.... What do I need to do and what do you need from me. Leg work is not a issue. Thanks guys.

BTW this devices Boot and Recovery.img's both have a identical zimage is that normal.

well... I do "compile" things to port original CWM to RK3066 device, but my "compile" is not same as what you called "compile". I call them "unpack" "repack" like as "unzip" "zip".

you really want to do "compile", you need to know how to modify CWM source code and how to "compile"(not "repack") CWM from source code, without build.clockworkmod.com. it may be long legwork.

if you just want to "use my CWM" on your tablet, it's relatively easy. please do "unpack" and "repack" things with your zImage and my ramdisk. you may try my ramdisk-only image.

please make sure what you want.

stephencapes

Dec 2, 2007
well... I do "compile" things to port original CWM to RK3066 device, but my "compile" is not same as what you called "compile". I call them "unpack" "repack" like as "unzip" "zip".

you really want to do "compile", you need to know how to modify CWM source code and how to "compile"(not "repack") CWM from source code, without build.clockworkmod.com. it may be long legwork.

if you just want to "use my CWM" on your tablet, it's relatively easy. please do "unpack" and "repack" things with your zImage and my ramdisk. you may try my ramdisk-only image.

please make sure what you want.

Thats what I was going to do but I could not get your recovery.img to unpack with what i'm using i get a response about it missing a android header, what utility do you use to pack/unpack? BTW I get ya on the compile, I ment pack, just a mix up of words. :)

Last edited:

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
Thats what I was going to do but I could not get your recovery.img to unpack with what i'm using i get a response about it missing a android header, what utility do you use to pack/unpack? BTW I get ya on the compile, I ment pack, just a mix up of words. :)

well... you quoted entire my message. so, I'm not sure what is "Thats what I was going to do". later you mentioned about pack/unpack so I guess you want "pack/unpack" thing, not "compile" thing. right?

then, which "recovery.img" you tried? I made some kind of "recovery.img", so proper utility (e.g. unpackbootimg or rkunpack) need to be used. but for any image, there is no "special utility only for my CWM". they are common in Rockchip custom rom world.
I'm not sure about you. do you have any experiment about custom rom for Rockchip's devices? if this is first time, you should try google to learn about it. here is not the place to talk about general custom rom things for Rockchip.
if you are sure about kernel/boot/recovery partition and images for Rockchip devices, you can try my ramdisk-only image w/o unpack/repacking.

I want to add more information to my site including about these things. it will be done eventually. but I'm always busy and now I'm very busy to answer random questions from some people. I really want more free time...
if you can, please write question more clearly. I don't want to waste my time to guessing or asking "what you asked?" :(

thanks.

evildave_666

May 7, 2011
Tokyo
thanks. then I need to get rom for different one. CWM doesn't use wifi/bt so CWM for MK808B may work on different one, but I don't recommend to use CWM on different hardware.

This is stock firmware for the Mediatek-chip version of the 808B: http://depositfiles.com/files/qjs0nsr0l
There does not seem to be any official source for it and I have not yet personally encountered the version with Mediatek.

People are calling the Rockchip version "real" and the Mediatek version "fake/clone".

Last edited:

fun_

Aug 20, 2010

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
I noticed some person misunderstand about me and my CWM-based Recovery.

my CWM-based Recovery has no relation to other CWM-based Recovery except they're based on original CWM. this is the reason that there is no credit for others who made CWM-based Recovery on my site/this thread.
well, actually, I should add credit for original CWM author and all contributors(include me). anyway, I'm not a person who uses others' work and hides about it.

if I need to explain about myself much more, I'll do it. but I guess no one has interest about me except what I'm currently offering ;)

Reactions: onelovekir

onelovekir

Apr 26, 2008
I noticed some person misunderstand about me and my CWM-based Recovery.

my CWM-based Recovery has no relation to other CWM-based Recovery except they're based on original CWM. this is the reason that there is no credit for others who made CWM-based Recovery on my site/this thread.
well, actually, I should add credit for original CWM author and all contributors(include me). anyway, I'm not a person who uses others' work and hides about it.

if I need to explain about myself much more, I'll do it. but I guess no one has interest about me except what I'm currently offering ;)

don't worry buddy, I hear you loud and clear. No misinformation was intended. You are awesome! don't worry about the other people, and I look forward to working with you, thank you so much for your work!!

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
I added "all credit goes to ..." sentence to my site and post#1 here. it should be done in the first place and I shouldn't be lazy to do it even for I was/am busy.

flibblesan

Feb 12, 2008
Nottingham
Nothing Phone 1
Just dropping in to say that the Generic image works perfectly on the RK3066 tablets I have here (Gemini branded). Thank you for making these as I tried so many other versions that didn't work at all.:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit: Link removed
    all credit goes to original CWM author koush and all its contributors. but they have no responsibility for this CWM-based Recovery. use this CWM-based Recovery at your own risk.

this CWM-based Recovery can write raw MTD partition such as kernel, boot, and recovery on RK3188, RK3066, RK2928, RK2926, RK2918, and RK2906 devices without any problem. this can be installed without Windows.

if you want to install zip with edify script which writes something to raw MTD partition, you have to use update-binary and/or flash_image included in this CWM-based Recovery image.

please see my site for detail.
    * Known issues (2013/2/11)

- timestamp
    backup may be named as 1970-01-01.xx.xx.xx. it's just a directory name on SD card. please rename it.

- dump_image
    it says "mtd: read error (No such file or directory)" at the end. please ignore it, it should not be a problem.

* How to controll

- mouse
    move up/down: up/down
    left click: select
    right click: back

- keyboard
    cursor up/down: up/down
    cursor left/enter: select
    cursor right: back

- touch screen
    swipe up/down: up/down
    swipe left: select
    swipe right: back

- button
    volume up/down: up/down
    power: select
    back: back

- remote controller
    up/down: up/down
    left/ok: select
    back: back
    * about tools to make device specific image

you can use any tools which can be used to make custom rom for Rockchip devices. I'm using rkunpack, rkcrc, unpackbootimg, and mkbootimg.

if you don't know how to make custom rom for Rockchip devices, please ask google. many developers are already making custom rom for Rockchip devices, many information is already floating around.
    hi all

I'm sorry that there is no activity for a long time. now I can get some spare time to do some things.

I'm sure a lot of requests/questions are posted on here, PM, and via contact form on my site. but sorry, I can't answer everything at once.
    there are many things todo, I have to refresh my machine, my brain and my code, etc.
    (and, as you know, I'm just an individual person who like this as a hobby, please don't expect too much)

if you still have interest about my work (thanks!), please give me some more time.

thank you for your cooperation!
    following device specific images are added (as 20130213 release)

Amerry Android Stick 2.0
    ARCHOS 80 XS
    bq Curie
    CnM TouchPad 10.1DC
    GOCLEVER TAB R83 MINI
    GOCLEVER TAB R83.2/R83.3 MINI
    PiPO S2
    PiPO S2 (new camera)
    PiPO S2 3G
    PiPO S3
    Ployer MOMO8
    Teclast P88

many other images will be added within few days (hopefully)...