[Discussion]LG G3 Expected Launching

Search This thread

jeyd02

Apr 11, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I would taken nice sound hands down...I never really understood the big need for a waterproof device lol?
I have never once had a liquid issue with any of my devices..its a nice gimmick I spose. And people are suckers for a good gimmick!

Sent from my Note 3, G2, S4 or Note 2

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Why would you (or anyone) even use your phone if its pouring lol...your just asking for it in that case.makes no sense

Well I never said I was "using", that's your assumption. I said it almost drop to the puddle by taking something out of my pocket and the phone almost slit out of the pocket. And yes, getting a important call even when Is raining is very common. Also having your kids grab the phone and playing with it then drop it in the toilet very common. Soo anything can happen

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

xgman

Sep 17, 2013
Anyone posted this cover pic yet?

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 214
Reactions: Billy Madison

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
I think LG will lose a lot of potential customers because they released their phone a whole two months after s5 and m8

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

wargreymon89

Sep 11, 2012
lg-ambassadoren.tk
I think LG will lose a lot of potential customers because they released their phone a whole two months after s5 and m8

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Snapdragon 805 wasnt available 2 months ago. If they dont use a snapdragon 805 they are making a misstake since they usually do every other SoC generation to be ahead of the game. Also the generation LG uses usally have more benefits.
S4 Pro (Optimus G/Nexus 4) big improvement
Snapdragon 600 (S4,M7) lesser improvement
Snapdragon 800 (G2, Z1, Note 3) big improvement
Snapdragon 801 (S5, Z2, M8) lesser improvement
Snapdragon 805 (G3 hopefully) big improvement

Breaking this cycle to release between Snapdragon 801 and 805 would make no sense at all.

Billy Madison

Dec 31, 2011
No, no. The LG G series is the latest to the party.

When was it? In 12 when Optimus G competed with Note2 and Xperia T? Or in 13 when G2 competed with Note 3 and XZ1? LOL
Latest? Remember, the Galaxy S5 Prime SM-G906S , Xperia Z3 and Note 4 are coming, and G3 will be 2 month ahead of them
The announces of the year are only beginning, there are NO REAL flagships announced YET

Snapdragon 600 (S4,M7) lesser improvement

OG Pro was released earlier than S4 and M7. In other you're right

sabret00the

Apr 15, 2011
London
s00techified.wordpress.com
When was it? In 12 when Optimus G competed with Note2 and Xperia T? Or in 13 when G2 competed with Note 3 and XZ1? LOL
Latest? Remember, the Galaxy S5 Prime SM-G906S , Xperia Z3 and Note 4 are coming, and G3 will be 2 month ahead of them
The announces of the year are only beginning, there are NO REAL flagships announced YET
We're taking about flagships. LG was irrelevant before the G2 and the Note is a phablet which is a whole other class.

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
Then you're plain wrong. Because they release their phone not two month LATER than competitor but two month EARLIER than competitors in fact! the G3 is not competing with GS5 or Z2 or even M8, NO!

umm A. it's still not officially announced, B. it is competing with s5 and M8. C. you are the one that's wrong

G3, S5, Z2, M8 are in the same class

G Pro2 and Note 3 are in the same class

The prime version is a totally different scenario.

Last edited:

Fir3blade

May 16, 2011
Who cares what manufacturer is first or last?!?
I don't care what manufacturer will sell more or earn the most money, just want the phone that fits my taste/needs.

Reactions: Androider4Life

rfarrah

May 30, 2008
OKC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I think the timing is excellent, if maybe a little late. The G3's direct competitors are the S5, M8 and later on, IP6. Probably other aspiring flagships will make an appearance.

In any case, the Next Best Thing is ALWAYS just around the corner. :laugh:

Billy Madison

Dec 31, 2011
We're taking about flagships. LG was irrelevant before the G2
Irrelevant? In your boondocks? well, maybe. But you must punch the hell out of those guys who told you so. They conned you.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

G3, S5, Z2, M8 are in the same class
Since when Z2, M8 and GS5 have 2K QHD screens? I missed somthg? Or you're noctambulist, right?

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
Irrelevant? In your boondocks? well, maybe. But you must punch the hell out of those guys who told you so. They conned you.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Since when Z2, M8 and GS5 have 2K QHD screens? I missed somthg? Or you're noctambulist, right?

talking to you is like talking to a dead fish. I didn't know class is defined by screen resolution. My tablet has 2k screen then it must be the same class as G3. You didn't miss anything just basic spelling class in 4th grade.

Oh that Toyota is red so it must be in the same class as that red BMW.......

force70

talking to you is like talking to a dead fish. I didn't know class is defined by screen resolution. My tablet has 2k screen then it must be the same class as G3. You didn't miss anything just basic spelling class in 4th grade.

Oh that Toyota is red so it must be in the same class as that red BMW.......

Guys give that kind of crap a rest..unless you want to get the thread closed?

Not that im the thread police but ive seen enough of them get closed over the years due to bickering like this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And way too early....

FML...i just bought the G2...
    Way too big , g2 is already too big..

And way too early....
    FML...i just bought the G2...

I'm not as worried about having an "older-gen" device as I am worried about no longer getting updates. The G2 is fantastic in all means but if they stop pushing out updates for it...
    Outside of xda 4.4vs4.2.2 is a non issue. Especially when 4.2.2 is good as the lg one.
    Want simultaneous,worldwide, os release? Buy Apple.
    Don't like their ecosystem? Buy a nexus.
    Don't like nexus and prefer some other hardware, but still want the latest os release? Go develop a custom rom.
    Can't develop? Support a good developer and become a beta tester and expect some debugging on your part.
    Manufacturers release models that you like faster than you can buy them? Make some more money.
    You are going to hold your breath until someone gives you a cookie? Not.happening.
    I didnt even bother using stock...
    hated almost everything in it.

Im using PA. Even tho its beta and still missing most of the PA goods, its an awesome rom.
    However, if you are one of the guys who dont like using a not-so-stable rom or possibily having compatibily issues...yeah...the G3 could ruin your day...

inb4 CM fanboy: some guys are saying the CM 11 Snapshot M2 is pretty solid and smooth

For me, stability is everything (and now don't tell me to get an iPhone). Stock ROM is good enough - yeah it's good enough. Whatever.