SGS II SGH-I727 exploded in pocket. Photos inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Silly22

Feb 10, 2008
OnePlus 3
LG V30
My friend almost lost his nuts! He said he heard a sound, a burning sensation on his leg and as he pulled this piece of junk out of his pocket he smelled burning. There was smoke coming out of his pocket and out of the phone. LoL, He said he was scared.

My friend didn't even own this phone for two weeks before it nearly burned him! He said he wasn't even using it; just idling in his pocket and hadn't been used for awhile.

Here's some photos:

2011-11-30202009.jpg

2011-11-30205003.jpg

Buy another one!

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Funny, I was just reading a day or so ago about an iPhone 4s that caught fire and thought to myself.... "Well, that'll never happen with a Skyrocket".

doh.

Yup didnt you guys here yet? Because of this there is now a recall...all skyrocket owners must reaturn them to the closest at&t store they will be exchanged at no cost for a at&t galaxy nexus which was not supposed to be released until christmass day... but they are releasing tomarrow instead

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Wait fot it............wait for it.............

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

Lol ok ok.....thats not true i lied ......sorry guys.......be hey that would be neat

biofilter69

Nov 13, 2007
Most battery fires are caused by liquid shorts or crappy chargers :(

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA App

tylerdurdin

Sep 30, 2010
New York
Well rockets always have had a history of blowing up. Guess a better name for this phone was the

POCKET ROCKET

LMAO

Sent from a HD2 ICS

the2rrell

Jun 27, 2011
was probably a fluke, i dont know how you would cross battery connections without some sort of a jumper/maybe a liquid that would cuase this. its like putting 2 nine volt batteries ( the square ones end to end ) eventually they will melt/maybe explode from the heat building up.

i can see this happening if something small got caught in between the battery and phone connection while re-seating the battery.

epicstar1

Jan 19, 2011
lolwow. Report this to @galaxyssupport on twitter. They seem to respond fast to issues. But I don't know how connected they are to the company.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
Will be interesting to see unfold. We had a local Guy claim that a motodroid exploded near his face last year. He went public and went after Motorola claiming glass shards cut up his face etc. I want to say they determined dude had dropped the phone which cracked the screen and everything beyond that was staged.
pretty sure he will get compensated pretty good from samsung.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
the problem was obviously a battery fire, not the phone itself

this could mean it was a faulty battery or the contacts might have got wet by the closest source of spill

after all it was near his balls, according to the OP

just return it to rogers and get an exchange, you'll need a new SIM card & SGH-i727R anyways

Reactions: jdmcivic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You should read a little more.

"SamsungCarla" you dolt.

Sent from my Motorola StarTac using XDA App

Mabye you should read a little better look at the username , and read some of.his.posts in other forums Samsungjohn.

Looks like samsung john copy and pasted a message from samsung carla.
    I hope he sues the balls off of them! No pun intended

Sent from my Google Nexus S.
    If it is truely an AT&T skyrocket, maybe AT&T sent the remote distruct command when your friend put a Roger's SIM in his phone.....
    the problem was obviously a battery fire, not the phone itself

this could mean it was a faulty battery or the contacts might have got wet by the closest source of spill

after all it was near his balls, according to the OP

just return it to rogers and get an exchange, you'll need a new SIM card & SGH-i727R anyways