[How To] Fix acore and google services framework force close

Search This thread

mattisdada

Feb 28, 2010
Melbourne
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Wipe data for Contacts Storage and Google Services Framework.

Really easy, this will fix either android.process.acore force closing or google.services.framework force closing.

WARNING!: This will wipe contacts. It seems acore fc's when there are corrupted contacts. Usually by restoring contacts on an incompatible ROM....
And will temporarily wipe market list. So backup your contacts!

Step by step:
Code:
0. Make sure Sync is off, leave it off for some time!
1. Go into settings
2. Select Applications
3. Select Manage Applications
4. (If you are on 2.2) Select the All tab
5. Scroll down until you find Contacts Storage (select it).
6. Wipe data+clear cache(If available)
7. Hit back
8. Scroll down until you find Google Services Framework (select it)
9. Wipe data+clear cache (if available)
10. Reboot and enjoy
11. (optional) Enable Sync again
Enable sync again when your convinced that the error has gone.

If this works for you, can you reply stating what ROM your on? (Eg, Stock 2.2, Cyanogenmod 5.08, MIUI 0.9.24, etc)
Or if it doesn't work for you, do the same thing? :)
Thanks guys!

NOTE:
It can be caused by corrupted database entiries in ANY of the syncs, Gmail, Calender, etc, but I've found contacts are the most likely culprits. This is a band-aid solution, if the problem is reappearing than there is probably something wrong with the source data being synced. Or an external application trying to do modifications (eg, a custom contacts application).

If you don't want to wipe all contacts:
It happened on my galaxy s too, when I viewed my contacts I got force close.
But after I tried many contacts backup tool on the market, I found that my contacts had 1 contact with no first name and no last name on it.
So I use contact removal from the market to remove that contact.
After that I got no force close again.
And my contact do not need to be wiped clean before.
Maybe this can resolved the contact error for some.
At least this worked on my galaxy s. :)

So far most users are able to fix the error using the above steps, except Droid Incredible's seemingly...

Thanks to this user here Bear55 for a more detailed explanation:
This solution will work in some cases but not for others. Read this guide for why the problem is happening and how to fix it: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google Mobile/thread?tid=23c329285968cd2e&hl=en

It is most likely a corrupted record on one of the services that you are syncing.

Good luck!

Last edited:

trikotret

Aug 19, 2010
Has anyone found a fix for to get the Location Apps to work??? The google maps work but apps which require gps like weather widget are not working. Cant find your location :(

mattisdada

Feb 28, 2010
Melbourne
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Gonna be a noob and ask how to do this because honestly i'm a bit lost on that part.

Ill elaborate a little more on on the main post as well.

1. Go into settings
2. Select Applications
7. Hit back
10. Enjoy

PS: Asking questions isn't noob like :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tramp20

EVOme

Jun 3, 2010
This fix at the very least works on the MIUI ROM. It may work on all ROMs, if someone starts getting this error, try this fix and report back :)

Really easy, this will fix either android.process.acore force closing or google.services.framework force closing.

WARNING!: This will wipe contacts. It seems acore fc's when there are corrupted contacts. Usually by restoring contacts on an compatible ROM....
And will temporarily wipe market list.

Step by step:
1. Go into settings
2. Select Applications
7. Hit back
10. Enjoy

If this works for you, can you reply stating what ROM your on? (Eg, Stock 2.2, Cyanogenmod 5.08, MIUI 0.9.24, etc)
Thanks guys!

I did this on CM6 and have not gotten the error since. I think this may have worked. Thanks!!

s3xkiller

Aug 5, 2010
But after I tried many contacts backup tool on the market, I found that my contacts had 1 contact with no first name and no last name on it.

misanogo

May 1, 2010
it's worked!
my phone is HD2 (use Mdeejay_FroYo_Matted_v._1.3_#15)
I'm a beginner in this field...

tender82

Mar 6, 2009
Ok... hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question... but does doing this delete the contacts from your phone or from the cloud?

Aug 2, 2009
Can not iteract with GIU 'cause of the error

I have the same problem but as phone displays home screen he continues to show the error, so any action can be performed.
I have Droid Explorer but I do not kow where , manually, clean the folders!
May advice?
Many thanks!

ringospeed

Feb 18, 2009
works perfect to me as well.
I have a HD2 with android vers. 2.2.1
darkstone superram froyo v1.5 build frg83

thnx a lot

greets

Just checking to see if the fix you are suggesting is for this kind of error message? I'm getting this on an HTC HD2 running Android.

Sorry!
The application Google Services Framework (process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Force close Report

Thanks
Steve

DIGItonium

Oct 22, 2009
DarkStone Froyo 1.5 RAM

Happened out of nowhere. Everything was running fine. All I did was reboot to WinMo (not the first time either). Then when I booted back into Android it started FC'in all over the place. Market failed and I couldn't view my Contacts either. Speaking of which, it hasn't been updated either unless it was syncing or updating contact info in the background. Who knows...

Everything's working great... just had to give it some time to restore all the downloads and whatnot.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

WARNING!: This will wipe contacts. It seems acore fc's when there are corrupted contacts. Usually by restoring contacts on an incompatible ROM....

Step by step:
    Code:
    1. Go into settings
    2. Select Applications
    7. Hit back
    10. Reboot and enjoy

Thanks guys!

NOTE:
    It can be caused by corrupted database entiries in ANY of the syncs, Gmail, Calender, etc, but I've found contacts are the most likely culprits. This is a band-aid solution, if the problem is reappearing than there is probably something wrong with the source data being synced. Or an external application trying to do modifications (eg, a custom contacts application).

So far most users are able to fix the error using the above steps, except Droid Incredible's seemingly...

This solution will work in some cases but not for others. Read this guide for why the problem is happening and how to fix it: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google Mobile/thread?tid=23c329285968cd2e&hl=en

It is most likely a corrupted record on one of the services that you are syncing.

Good luck!
    Gonna be a noob and ask how to do this because honestly i'm a bit lost on that part.

Ill elaborate a little more on on the main post as well.

1. Go into settings
    2. Select Applications
    7. Hit back
    10. Enjoy

PS: Asking questions isn't noob like :)
    This fix at the very least works on the MIUI ROM. It may work on all ROMs, if someone starts getting this error, try this fix and report back :). Also reported to work on CM6

Step by step:
    1. Go into settings
    2. Select Applications
    7. Hit back
    10. Reboot and enjoy

Thanks guys!

I have a FlyTouch3 SuperPad2 Android 2.2 tablet, Model number disco, Kernel version 2.6.32.9, Build number FRF85B... Got the "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" force close error for the second time yesterday morning.

First time I looked and looked for help on the issue, nothing but a hard factory reset worked (pushing power, menu, and back at the same time after having turned it off). This worked, but also caused me to have to reload every app I'd liked, which took hours to recover. Not a great solution, but better than a blinking brick. :(

This time I did more research... discovering that some task killers are part of the problem (a lightbulb went on since I had just accidentally allowed Memory Booster to kill off Goggle Services Framework right before receiving my error--why would it even list that as a process to kill if this would cause problems?!). This time I did a search on how to restore the Google Services Framework and by luck, the link to your solution came up.

I only did steps 1-6, but it worked! Here's the odd thing: I barely use gmail, only set it up for use with a couple of subscription sites. Have no incomplete contacts or anything, but clearing the contacts cache fixed the problem! You should get major kudos, because this is a prominent problem not just on Android phones, but tablets as well, and the fix was VERY difficult to find.

Might I also suggest to anyone reading this that Advanced Task Killer works great--it will show other processes running, such as antivirus, but doesn't check their boxes by default as it recognizes crucial apps that should be left running. I uninstalled Memory Booster so that I won't stop that process by accident, and voila! Problem solved.

Thanks again!
    Amy in Texas
    This fix at the very least works on the MIUI ROM. It may work on all ROMs, if someone starts getting this error, try this fix and report back :). Also reported to work on CM6

Step by step:
    1. Go into settings
    2. Select Applications
    7. Hit back
    10. Reboot and enjoy

Thanks guys!

Because of you my phone now works. I even registered just to say thank you!!! I'd been using 3'rd party apps to fulfill the built-in contact-app's requirements. Nothing ever did the job right. Phonebook 2.0 was the best of the best and it's a hideous and chunky space eating app.

Thank you so much again, I endured 3 months of the FC and it was fixed in 5 mins thanks to you!!! I'm SO grateful!