E971-Rogers-Stock ROM 4.0.4 with Bloat Removed.

Search This thread

dspot

Nov 4, 2007
Not sure why but this rom has bricked my phone twice.. I have been able to recover through the KDZ method only

Staz87

Dec 22, 2007
RH
So this is strange. Installed the rom, I see the new dock image, however the rogers apps (Rogers one, store, ringtones, etc) are still there. No circle ICS battery, still shows Rogers on lock screen as well as in the notification center.

Not sure whether this installed correctly.

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
So this is strange. Installed the rom, I see the new dock image, however the rogers apps (Rogers one, store, ringtones, etc) are still there. No circle ICS battery, still shows Rogers on lock screen as well as in the notification center.

Not sure whether this installed correctly.

It didn't.

ShorelineDroid

Sep 13, 2012
Sudbury
shorelinedev.net
Good to go.

Looks like it was code error when it came to partitioning because we used the same boot image as "The Base" - we've since re-written the updater scripts and aroma configs from scratch and are testing it now. I will be testing it both recoveries and from completely stock as well as already flashed to ensure it works no matter what you're coming from. Download link will be back up once testing and uploading are complete.

BloodBaron

Dec 3, 2010
Winnipeg
Looks like it was code error when it came to partitioning because we used the same boot image as "The Base" - we've since re-written the updater scripts and aroma configs from scratch and are testing it now. I will be testing it both recoveries and from completely stock as well as already flashed to ensure it works no matter what you're coming from. Download link will be back up once testing and uploading are complete.

quick question still version .6 of the base?
and thanks for your time as always

reflame

Aug 8, 2010
I have the E971 but no rogers software. Is it because I never activated on the rogers network? Just curious.

solomon4400

Apr 16, 2012
CANADA(SOMETIMES I ASK Y?)

Thankyou so much for this guys. Im out here itching like a crackhead to flash a rom on this device lol. So excited:D

Zachariasmith

Jan 1, 2012
Regina
I have been abstaining from posting for the past week so as to not seem overeager and nagging but I have to ask, any updates for us desperate souls? :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all you Rogers LGOG fans,

The wait is over. We are releasing our carrier/bloat-free LGOG Stock 4.0.4 ROM. This ROM has a few other modifications as well, which you can find below however, this ROM is essentially stock, flashable, updateable to JB(Pending bootloader unlock retention) and bloat-free. This ROM is also rooted so you won't have to do it again. Below you will see my changelog and development notes. Before we start going flash happy, I would like to extend a warm thanks to Nottach for his "The Base ROM" on the AT&T variation of our device, which was used as a base for this ROM, as well as the entire Team Codefire for unlocking our bootloader and getting the first CMW on the device. Now the fun stuff:

Disclaimer:

WE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ANY DAMAGE, BRICKING or OTHERWISE IRREVERSIBLE CHANGES TO THEIR PHONES. YOU PROCEED NOW AT YOU'RE OWN RISK.

Brought to you by:

Team Codefire
    Nottach
    Shoreline Developments

PART 1: Root and Unlock Bootloader

1. Visit http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460 for Rooting instructions thanks to Bin4ry
    2. Visit http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2007961 for Bootloader unlocking instructions thanks to Shelnutt2 and Team Codefire

PART 2: The ROM

1. Download our ROM and place it on the internal storage
    2. Boot into recovery (Don't worry about wiping the aroma installer will do the hard work for you)
    3. Make a BACKUP of your current ROM
    4. flash our ROM and reboot (Make sure you flash from internal storage)

That's it! Now you're bloat and carrier free while still being able to enjoy all the features of stock.

Changelog - v1.0 (Based off of "The Base 0.6.5")-Dec 5, 2012

- Root
    - BusyBox
    - Deodex App Folder
    - ZipAligned
    - DeBloated
    - Includes unlocked Rogers Boot Image
    - Nexus 4 Boot Animation
    - Removed Shutdown Animation
    - Silenced Boot / Shutdown
    - Increased WiFi Scan Interval

v1.1-Dec 6, 2012

- Replaced the unlocked Rogers Boot Image with the original FreeGee unlocked Boot Image

Bugs

None Reported Yet.

DOWNLOAD

ROM - Will be back shortly - Just cleaning up code and testing the new build
    Good to go.

I'm looking into this issue now with the code to see exactly what is going on and I'm also going to try a flash from reverted stock - I will also be updating the forum with a backpeddle procedure.
    Updated Zip

Seems the unlocked Rogers boot image is causing some grief - I didn't seem to run into this issue on mine. I flashed through CWM that came with freegee. I have updated the zip file with the original freegee unlocked boot image which should solve the problem. The new zip is uploading now and will be ready shortly, I've gone and taken down the previous build and apologize for the inconvenience.