http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2471869
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2527194
and than went S-on.
I have 2 problems I would love you guys to help me with:
1.under kernel version it says:
3.4.10-g445d072
root@abm014#1
SMP PREEMPT
why does it say root ? my devices is completly stock right now and tempered is gone. I thought the packege included stock recovery and kernel so why does it says root ? how can I change it ?
2.Like an idiot I frogot to change my CID from HTC__1 to VODAP102 and it is now still HTC__1.

Are those going to be a problem when I ship it to repair ?
Do I have to unlock my bootloader, root and get S-off again to fix this ?

Thanks for anyone helping !

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
1. It's the user on the build box, has nothing to do with root access in the rom.
2. Yes, you'll need to s-off again to change it.

rkiller51

Oct 20, 2011
1. It's the user on the build box, has nothing to do with root access in the rom.
2. Yes, you'll need to s-off again to change it.

Doesn't it suppose to be completly stock ? Why did the use leave he's name there if he knows this build is suppose to be stock ? And wont them just be able to go to settings and see that kernel name is diffrent and refuse to repair ?
Thanks !

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
Doesn't it suppose to be completly stock ? Why did the use leave he's name there if he knows this build is suppose to be stock ? And wont them just be able to go to settings and see that kernel name is diffrent and refuse to repair ?
Thanks !

It's completely normal. What are you expecting to see under kernel version?

rkiller51

Oct 20, 2011
It's completely normal. What are you expecting to see under kernel version?

Hmm... I really don't know. what you are saying is that I might have the same kernel version on an HTC ONE that I just go out of the box ?
I wouldn't expect to get a brand new device and see something like that under kernel version.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hmm... I really don't know. what you are saying is that I might have the same kernel version on an HTC ONE that I just go out of the box ?
I wouldn't expect to get a brand new device and see something like that under kernel version.

doesn't mean your phone is/was rooted! It have nothing to do with root privileges of a ROM. Its only part of the kernel name.

Go in store and take a brand new htc one and you'll see the same thing.

And yes you'll have to s-off again to change your cid back to original.

rkiller51

Oct 20, 2011
doesn't mean your phone is/was rooted! It have nothing to do with root privileges of a ROM. Its only part of the kernel name.

Go in store and take a brand new htc one and you'll see the same thing.

And yes you'll have to s-off again to change your cid back to original.

Great thanks !