[Q] Root?

Search This thread

ryan9316

Jun 28, 2012
Gentlemen,

I am looking for a method to root my phone. I don't care about tripping the Knox counters. The CF-autoroot method doesn't list the 900A and the "root de la vega" method seems unreliable for 900A. Has anyone rooted recently (MJ5) and if so what method did you choose?

-Thanks

Solarenemy68

Jul 28, 2009
Dallas
Gentlemen,

I am looking for a method to root my phone. I don't care about tripping the Knox counters. The CF-autoroot method doesn't list the 900A and the "root de la vega" method seems unreliable for 900A. Has anyone rooted recently (MJ5) and if so what method did you choose?

-Thanks

Kingo Root works fine on MJ5, just Google it. The hype about it's questionable activity is just that, hype. Many have used it with no issues and even if the do send your IEMI over seas there is nothing that can be done with it. Also such actions would land them in court now since their own user agreement states they send no data from your PC or phone.

Abostley

May 25, 2013
I did the same as you I was real hesitate about rooting this phone. But I finally rooted using kingo, so freaking easy and have had zero issues

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

b k w

Apr 25, 2012
so you guys tripped the knox without issues?

my only concern is that i'm on AT&T's silly Next program and worried what they'll do when I trade it in at the end of 12 months.

ryaske

Apr 8, 2007
Long Island, NY
so you guys tripped the knox without issues?

my only concern is that i'm on AT&T's silly Next program and worried what they'll do when I trade it in at the end of 12 months.

You can try Kingo but for me it doesnt work because of Knox blocking it.

I followed all instructions and still get the error "prevention notification" "an app is force closed because of an unauthorized attempt to access system" comes up every time I try to (unsuccessfully) use kingo to root.

Kingo itself fails with "Root FAILED ScriptError"

at&t note 3 SM-N900A
My baseband is N900AUCUB MJ5
kernel 3.4.0-1625098

developer settings:
- usb debugging ON
- verify apps via usb OFF
security settings:
- unknown sources ON
- verify apps OFF

Any ideas appreciated.......... I personally DO NOT want to flip the knox trigger, and haven't yet (I did try activeroot too), but I cannot seem to root it no matter what I try. I want to root so I can freeze knox but it seems knox is preventing me from rooting it.

I definitely dont want to try flashing anything..

Solarenemy68

Jul 28, 2009
Dallas
You can try Kingo but for me it doesnt work because of Knox blocking it.

I followed all instructions and still get the error "prevention notification" "an app is force closed because of an unauthorized attempt to access system" comes up every time I try to (unsuccessfully) use kingo to root.

Kingo itself fails with "Root FAILED ScriptError"

at&t note 3 SM-N900A
My baseband is N900AUCUB MJ5
kernel 3.4.0-1625098

developer settings:
- usb debugging ON
- verify apps via usb OFF
security settings:
- unknown sources ON
- verify apps OFF

Any ideas appreciated.......... I personally DO NOT want to flip the knox trigger, and haven't yet (I did try activeroot too), but I cannot seem to root it no matter what I try. I want to root so I can freeze knox but it seems knox is preventing me from rooting it.

I definitely dont want to try flashing anything..
If you use Kingo trading is no issue. Just go into Super User and tap UNROOT and your device will be returned to stock.

As for the error you are getting with Prevention Notification, it is caused by Outlook Security which is installed stock on the AT&T phones. Disable it as it also gives warnings about stock apps which means it is useless. Once you disable it, set your screen timeout for ten minutes so you can see and answer yes/ok for the two questions that will come up on your phone. I used Kingo on MJ5 and had no problems doing it. A rootcheck confirmed I am rooted.

Paulita1

Dec 11, 2013
Gentlemen,

-Thanks

Hi,
TL;DR - kingo http://www.kingoapp.com/ is now safe and OK to use. Even works on new updated firmware At&t pushed out. Lot of people now trust this method and It is one of the only ways to root right now. This method is so much faster and works perfectly. Confirmed and working great on AT&T Note 3.