[Q] Cracking, buzzing noise during outgoing calls

Search This thread

mad.droid

Sep 26, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I have a big problem.

I helped a friend of mine to change the stock rom to cm10.1. Before the rom install I needed to open the bootloader. Unfortunately given the circuit board was changed previously in the phone the official HTC unlock did not work so I needed to perform the wiretrick unlock. The whole unlock process took a few hours with numerous trial and error but at the end it was okay and was able to install cm10.1 in a few minutes.

The rom performs much faster than the stock but there was a downside. When he makes outgoing calls in every 1 from 3 there is a cracking noise instead of the normal dial out tone and also when the call is answered the noise is still there so nor he, nor the other end could hear anything.

I updated the rom to cm10.2 with proper factory reset but nothing changed…

Have anyone experienced something like this? Could this be caused by a short circuit due to the wire trick? Is there any fix for this?

I searched the forum and googled other sites as well but I was not able to find the same issue.

Thanks
mad

mad.droid

Sep 26, 2013
Radio?

Can the issue be caused by old radio version? The current version is 11.24A.3504.31_M which is not the latest. However given the wrong file could brick the phone I would not temper with it unless absolutely necessary. Thx.