[Q] Help with custom boot animations and roms

Search This thread

1Winged

May 15, 2014
Alright so this is my 1st android phone and have a few questions as to how to do a couple things. I'm pretty smart when it comes to software and modding, but this is new to me do I don't want to screw something up.
I ditched my jailbroken iphone 5 for the galaxy s5. I'm with sprint and it's rooted. I also have odin mobile pro if that helps with anything. So here are my questions, hopefully someone can help and give me some in site.

I would like a custom boot animation. Actually id like to keep my Samsung s5 boot animation, but change the sprint spark animation to something custom. I have poked around in system/media. I do not have the bootanimation.zip. I have multiple QMG files. I'm currently on my stock Rom because I'm not exactly sure about a custom Rom yet. Don't know what to choose or if they are compatible with the g900p. Seems that omega is a good choice, but have only seen updated version for Verizon. I have customized my stock Rom with Winam xposed.
Plus I've read that you have to do a clean restore before flashing a custom Rom. I have Titanium backup pro if that would make things easier. I'd like to get rid of some of the bloatware too.
Since I've rooted and installed xposed and added some modules, my S health no longer works.

Anyone wanna give me some how toos to get my phone into the custom android game?
Thanks!!