[Q] S-off Firmware update

Search This thread

jrat69

May 12, 2013
I need to update the HBoot and Radio's on my Rezound. I'm HTC Unlocked, Rooted running Tachyon, and just did the rumrunner S-off. After reading through several post, I got so confused. If I am correct I need to re-lock then flash the Ph98img file in HBoot, or in recovery? Then I have to un-lock. Do I have to re-root, or restore my latest nandroid. Every post that starts off about being s-off ends up about how to do it while s-on.
Can someone please give me a step by step guide?
Thank you!

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
I have a downgrade upgrade guide...follow that and you'll be on latest radios and hboot...the last 2 ph98img files are hboot 2.27 and 2.28 which is the latest

Sent from my R3D D347H using Tapatalk

mjones73

Apr 5, 2010
North East, MD
I need to update the HBoot and Radio's on my Rezound. I'm HTC Unlocked, Rooted running Tachyon, and just did the rumrunner S-off. After reading through several post, I got so confused. If I am correct I need to re-lock then flash the Ph98img file in HBoot, or in recovery? Then I have to un-lock. Do I have to re-root, or restore my latest nandroid. Every post that starts off about being s-off ends up about how to do it while s-on.
Can someone please give me a step by step guide?
Thank you!

You don't have to do anything but flash the PH98IMG.zip if you're s-off, no need to lock or unlock anything.

To just update the hboot/radios, you can flash the last PH98IMG.zip in REV3NT3CH's guide.

Back your rom up to your SD card to be safe of course.