New!! WINDOWS MOBILE 6.5 "23017 R2" SYS/XIP ROM ~ Updated: 8/6/2009

Search This thread

navenedrob

Apr 24, 2009
Kannapolis, NC
No longer available. All links to content are dead. Sadly, I do not have a backup of my work for the Treo 750. Sorry Treo 750 users, it is time to close this chapter!

Last edited:

navenedrob

Apr 24, 2009
Kannapolis, NC
When you flash this ROM, it will come with the default Indigo theme, there is nothing wrong with this theme you can just switch to another theme afterwards! Also this ROM takes a while to load, it is 23XXX build which is newer and takes a while to load at first! When you get into OS you will be confronted with the OEM help screens, just skip through them, everything will be fine! I am still working on this ROM so I might post updated version soon ;)

+ Que PPC

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2007
Guadalajara
es.youtube.com
What a nice WORK!!!

All the Hermes forum is supporting your work dude! keep it up!

I see that you fix the radio is this true?

hope you can make things works for the next releases!

+Que PPC Congrats!

gamer-Kenny

Jun 11, 2008
It works great, but
-how can i adjust the brightnes (fn+p doesnt work)?
-the taskmanager dowsnt open by pressing fn+ok
-i cant hang up calls???

navenedrob

Apr 24, 2009
Kannapolis, NC
Remember that these builds are for testing purposes ;) There will be bugs. This is a chance to try out the latest WM 6.5 builds on your Treo. I will make more builds and post them so you can try them :). Just be patient while I build them.

navenedrob

Apr 24, 2009
Kannapolis, NC
ROM updated, download the new copy. Should be more stable and hopefully some bugs fixed.

Remember to change your regional settings after you boot! Settings > System > Regional Settings. Also set regional clock to h:mm:ss tt for 12HR time! Reboot all should be well ;)

dgourd

May 19, 2009
Chicago
I have found this ROM to be very snappy. It works very well speed wise with no lag. Wait until the tutorial pops up and quickly go through it. Then it works perfectly. To lock the device, just press the white (fn) button and the end key. I understand that this build isnt perfect and am willing to deal with the small problems.
Warning: Back up cause I lost all my contacts and calendar info. Pretty much all my personnel data. Luckily i did backup.

UPDATE: This is talking about the ROM before navendrob did his first update.
UPDATE #2: The buttons settings do work. Had to soft reset a couple of times.

Last edited:

dgourd

May 19, 2009
Chicago
I dont know if this is just me but my phone wont boot into the OS after your new ROM. It could be that it got corrupted during the download and extraction can someone else check. I still have the original if you need it.

Last edited:

dgourd

May 19, 2009
Chicago
On your first ROM, is there a way to disable the lock where you must press the center button. I use s2u2 and that is messing it up.

dgourd

May 19, 2009
Chicago
It works great, but
-how can i adjust the brightnes (fn+p doesnt work)?
-the taskmanager dowsnt open by pressing fn+ok
-i cant hang up calls???
You can adjust brightness by going to Settings -> System -> Brightness
also, check the buttons setting for the fn+ok at Settings -> Personnel -> Buttons

I cant hang up calls either. The talk screen doesn't come up.

dgourd

May 19, 2009
Chicago
Moreover, on the time issue where it is at the 24-hour clock. I couldn't find that option in regional settings for English (US). The only time settings had a 24 hour clock. I switched it to English (Canada) and was able to just the time and date settings to match standard US formats. Hope this helps.

navenedrob

Apr 24, 2009
Kannapolis, NC
On your first ROM, is there a way to disable the lock where you must press the center button. I use s2u2 and that is messing it up.

I am going to try another build and I'll exclude the auto-lock.

Also remember that our phone is over 2 years old and this isn't supposed to be on our phones so not everything will work correctly... until I fix them ;)

dgourd

May 19, 2009
Chicago
I am actually expecting bugs. I am just trying to point them out so more talented people like you can fix them for others.

turnerl

Aug 16, 2007
Looks Great Thank! but I cannot set the ring tone (Always Blank!) every time I go to save it switches back to NONE:confused:
UPDATE: cannot see my SD card either?

I'll try soft resetting, is that done by pressing the reset button next to the SD card slot?

Last edited:

turnerl

Aug 16, 2007
yup, cannot see sd card, even after resetting via the button next to the sd card slot. I will have to go back to previous timebomb fixed version for now:(

navenedrob

Apr 24, 2009
Kannapolis, NC
Attention everyone! I managed to port over 21828 OFFICIAL RELEASE tonight to our beloved Treo! Look for it the AM :)

This release is stable, fast, and smooth. It is the official release build (as far as I know). I managed to rip it from Topaz ROM and port it to our phone. I am excited about this!

Now to fix the stupid keys ;) If anyone has a numeric key listing for the Treo keypad I could really use it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Mangatron... Ive tried with your ROM but I can't installed... I don't know what I am doing wrong... I tried first the USB option

USB METHOD:

-Connect your device to a USB port.
    -Run RUUWrapper.exe
    -Follow what the program says.
    -Select an "Update" button when you see it, then "Next".
    -Wait.

but after this step (it doesn't let me choose which update btw) it says connection error and it stops... :(, then I've decided to try the SD option.

-Format a card to FAT32, I recommend nothing mightier than 2GB (I use a 1GB MicroSD)
    -Load "cheeimg.nbh" onto the card after formatting.
    -On the device, put the card in. Then press and hold the side media key (button below volume control down) ( I DID SO) and then use your stylus to press the reset hole (behind the Mini SD cover) (I DID SO TOO)

BUT IT NEVER REQUIRES THE RED BUTTON... THE I'VE PRESSED ANYWAY... BUT NOTHING

*What I am doing wrong? Can you help me? (Ive chosen the ROM 2.4 from your thread)

Cheers,
    Miguel

Hmm. You said you flashed that old WM6.5 ROM, I think that ROM had a lot of problems when it comes to flashing over it. I'm not sure how other members handled that, but over in my thread, in the last page I posted the Palm update recovery tool, see if that works for you.
    All, I haven't updated this thread in over 2 years. I no longer use a Treo 750. Believe it or not, I still HAVE the Treo 750. As such, I am going to remove information from the OP and request that a moderator lock this thread. Over the years I have received many inquires for the original ROM posted by me over 2 years ago, but sadly, I no longer have the software available and all links for it are long dead. Thanks for the support, and have a good day.