New!! WINDOWS MOBILE 6.5 "23017 R2" SYS/XIP ROM ~ Updated: 8/6/2009

Search This thread

Speedkazze

Aug 18, 2009
I copied the file to my sd-card (yes it's not an Hc-card, fat32 and so on)...
When i push the media button (below the soundbuttons) and reset, there comes only the bootmenu with "serial"... and nothing happens..
Then I connect the phone to my pc and "usb" is there instead of "serial" and start the CheetahUnlocker... I went trough the steps, so far so good.. but at 7% the connection get lost and the tool say "the image file is corrupdet.Please check your update utility" ... phone make a reset and my old version of 6.5 (which is not working) boots.
What should I do, I download the image many times, I format the card many times....
I'm desperate :( :(

Alfa123

Jan 14, 2007
Prague
I copied the file to my sd-card (yes it's not an Hc-card, fat32 and so on)...
When i push the media button (below the soundbuttons) and reset, there comes only the bootmenu with "serial"... and nothing happens..
Then I connect the phone to my pc and "usb" is there instead of "serial" and start the CheetahUnlocker... I went trough the steps, so far so good.. but at 7% the connection get lost and the tool say "the image file is corrupdet.Please check your update utility" ... phone make a reset and my old version of 6.5 (which is not working) boots.
What should I do, I download the image many times, I format the card many times....
I'm desperate :( :(

Try different image = e.g. 6.1 What I know, Navenedrob exited this forum... His app pack download link from rapid doesn't work and the other one is working but file is corrupted (I'm sure purposely). But I just installed his basic ROM and its working fine. (downloaded yesterday from official link). (and just in case - did you run HSPL first?)

libal

Feb 24, 2008
solutions for bugs and so

1. brightness #274.
2. power off #287.
3. network & mms settng #195 , # 202.
4. ringtones # 237.
5. camera # 243.
6. voice command # 440 .

nolimit88

Oct 31, 2009
my treo is no unlock and no branding with any carrier
please someone can upload and send me the link ?
need WM 6 or 6.1 ( no carrier )

carlos_taz

May 2, 2009
Problem with your ROM, please HELP!!!

Dear friend. I am writting from Peru... please help me with this:

After downloading both files, with APPS and BASE, cannot upgrade my phone:

- The file with apps I can't uncompress, even with 7-zip: it says the file is brokem.

- The BASE file I can uncompress, but when upgrading, it says is corrupt...

Any help on that?

Thanks,

Carlos

Alfa123

Jan 14, 2007
Prague
Dear friend. I am writting from Peru... please help me with this:

After downloading both files, with APPS and BASE, cannot upgrade my phone:

- The file with apps I can't uncompress, even with 7-zip: it says the file is brokem.

- The BASE file I can uncompress, but when upgrading, it says is corrupt...

Any help on that?

Thanks,

Carlos

Try to use google. I downloaded apps ROM from Megaupload (I think) yesterday. And it was OK. Anyway check your PM I send you alt. download link.

JackMagic

Nov 4, 2009
I have a Treo 750v lying around from before I got my HTC Magic, so decided to have a play about with it. Unlocked it with CheetahUnlocker earlier, and installed the BASE rom (megaupload url, i think) just fine.

The APP rom is indeed corrupt, couldnt be arsed looking for another url but if someone has a mirror then feel free to post it up as it'd be pretty useful. BASE rom comes with Messenger, Office and Media etc.

Alfa123

Jan 14, 2007
Prague
I have a Treo 750v lying around from before I got my HTC Magic, so decided to have a play about with it. Unlocked it with CheetahUnlocker earlier, and installed the BASE rom (megaupload url, i think) just fine.

The APP rom is indeed corrupt, couldnt be arsed looking for another url but if someone has a mirror then feel free to post it up as it'd be pretty useful. BASE rom comes with Messenger, Office and Media etc.

http://rapidshare.com/files/303992131/APPS_23017_R2.zip

tapfuma

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
Upgrade Issue

SPL problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Help, i am trying to see do the hard SPL and i downloaded the app and it only lets me do the firs two steps and does not let me do the last step. However, after that i have some functionality on the Treo 750 but no sound at all and no internet access. I tried to download all roms on the side and extract with winzip 7 and for some reason it wont load. Yes i formated to Fat 32 and i tried all the roms with another SD card and all my Treo does is bring up some red number and goes to the Defaul ROM screen. I can however use both cards to load 6.1 back on my Treo. I am not an expert but i want to know what i am doing wrong. I really like the way it looks and runs, but without most apps working its really not working,....help

1) Hard SPL only going to step 2
2) All Roms are not loading via any method
3) No Internet and Sound

Thank You

--------------------------------------------------------------------------Any advice on this, i am not using HC card and still cant load the Base Rom and any other ROM from the link. When i DID the SPL, i have 6.5 on my 750 but it does not work right

jhnstn00

Oct 5, 2008
South Texas
Thanks

Thanks for the ROM. I really enjoy the ROM. I especially like Total Commander and PPC PIM back up. Back up works since I hard reset often trying to figure out how to get max RAM by installing and uninstalling software. I especially like how Oxios Hibernate works much better than Clean RAM.

Only thing i haven't figured out is how to send an mms. I can send text messages, but no pics. Pics only via email. :confused:

Anyways thanks again.

Alfa123

Jan 14, 2007
Prague
Thanks for the ROM. I really enjoy the ROM. I especially like Total Commander and PPC PIM back up. Back up works since I hard reset often trying to figure out how to get max RAM by installing and uninstalling software. I especially like how Oxios Hibernate works much better than Clean RAM.

Only thing i haven't figured out is how to send an mms. I can send text messages, but no pics. Pics only via email. :confused:

Anyways thanks again.

You have to install Arcsoft MMS composer. Use search button.

ruben__

Aug 2, 2009
Guys i 've got a question..

i'm using this rom since it came out.. but I really want to change the today screen without losing the 'new look'. Is there an app which I can use to add some items on to the today screen?

Also, is there going to be a new build of 6.5 for us soon?

stellastephenson

Nov 20, 2009
Windows Mobile 6.5

I have been using the Windows Mobile 6.5 and the phone is awesome. The new operating system features Windows Marketplace for Mobile, a rich and integrated marketplace for searching, browsing and purchasing mobile applications from Windows phones or from a PC by simply using a Windows Live ID. The new marketplace will be included with all Windows phones based on Windows Mobile 6.5, which will help consumers to easily find, install and experience those applications that fit their needs and make the phone truly personal.

Loypalm

Sep 5, 2009
Ring volume too low

I have been using this ROM for a month now and am very happy with it. Except, I find the ring volume is too low regardless of which ringtone is selected. I even tried incresing the inherent volume of the mp3 ringtone but while the test is loud, when the phone actually rings, it is again too low!!

any ideas on how I could correct this?

regards and thanks for your time

Jun 29, 2009
Lock Screen Scene

I'm using this ROM two weeks now and works great.
I've noticed that the Lock Screen Scenes for Alarm and Call Alerts don't show Dismiss button. This is due to that scenes are formated for 240*360 screens.
I've adapted this scenes to 240*240 screen.
Copy both files to \Windows. (Please backup originals before).
Need to soft reset to apply changes.

Attachments

• LockScreen_Scene.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 39

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Mangatron... Ive tried with your ROM but I can't installed... I don't know what I am doing wrong... I tried first the USB option

USB METHOD:

-Connect your device to a USB port.
    -Run RUUWrapper.exe
    -Follow what the program says.
    -Select an "Update" button when you see it, then "Next".
    -Wait.

but after this step (it doesn't let me choose which update btw) it says connection error and it stops... :(, then I've decided to try the SD option.

-Format a card to FAT32, I recommend nothing mightier than 2GB (I use a 1GB MicroSD)
    -Load "cheeimg.nbh" onto the card after formatting.
    -On the device, put the card in. Then press and hold the side media key (button below volume control down) ( I DID SO) and then use your stylus to press the reset hole (behind the Mini SD cover) (I DID SO TOO)

BUT IT NEVER REQUIRES THE RED BUTTON... THE I'VE PRESSED ANYWAY... BUT NOTHING

*What I am doing wrong? Can you help me? (Ive chosen the ROM 2.4 from your thread)

Cheers,
    Miguel

Hmm. You said you flashed that old WM6.5 ROM, I think that ROM had a lot of problems when it comes to flashing over it. I'm not sure how other members handled that, but over in my thread, in the last page I posted the Palm update recovery tool, see if that works for you.
    All, I haven't updated this thread in over 2 years. I no longer use a Treo 750. Believe it or not, I still HAVE the Treo 750. As such, I am going to remove information from the OP and request that a moderator lock this thread. Over the years I have received many inquires for the original ROM posted by me over 2 years ago, but sadly, I no longer have the software available and all links for it are long dead. Thanks for the support, and have a good day.