[custom Radio/SPL for dummies][32B]

Search This thread

tidewaterns

Oct 26, 2010
Virginia Beach, Virginia
I have tried to do the custom radio sticky instructions and the instructions from ezterry and neither one of them have worked for me. Every time I install the radio and hboot my phone just keeps rebooting the my touch green screen. When I try ezterrys way, when I get into fastboot it says that it cannot read the image file for the radio or the hboot. Can someone please help? I would love to have this done on my phone because of the benefits but still no luck. Thanks!

Last edited:

AntonJart

Oct 21, 2010
Reseda
You need compatible ROM for this spl and radio. The one that you had previously will not work

Sent from my HTC Magic using XDA App

thejanitor86

Nov 24, 2010
St. Augustine, Fl
hmm. that looks more complicated then the things i have done so far. lol. do i need to get back to cupcake and then flash all the things at once? (radios, spl, kernel, rom)

h4xor1911

Jun 9, 2010
Heerlen
Stock spl

I have stock spl do i need to get spl 2010 or just flash this one ive got the spl with remote not allowed but i've got root and cm6.1

h4xor1911

Jun 9, 2010
Heerlen
Spl

i have remote not allowd spl but i got root (amonra recovery) do i need to flash it first to engenering spl 2010
or just flash to ezzerty spl and radio?

wakekitty

Feb 1, 2011
Thank you for this guide. Flashing radio and spl was a scary experience but I managed to pull it off.

Sent from my HTC Magic using XDA App

Phateless

Aug 22, 2010
Oakland
www.llinkedin.com
Thanks for this wonderful post, but an important correction. There is no need to downgrade to Donut when flashing a rom. All you need is a rom with a 2708/28.25/0013spl compatible kernel. Or flash ezterry's compatible kernel (link in my sig) after whichever rom you install.

I rooted my T-mobile MT3G 32B running oem 2.2.1 with superoneclick, flashed ra recovery via rom manager, did a full wipe in amon ra recovery, flashed a rom, flashed ezterry's kernel and booted right up.

There is absolutely no need to downgrade to Donut.

To further expand, on a completely unrooted device (ota 2.2.1 all stock, NON-ROOTED) if you root and flash ezterry's kernel it will work just fine and there's no need to wipe your data.

Backing up is still highly recommended in case something goes awry.

I ran my phone this way for a while (all stock ota 2.2.1 with ezterry's 614 kernel and new spl/radio) and it was very stable and smoking fast. Link in my sig.

Last edited:
Reactions: AntonJart

AntonJart

Oct 21, 2010
Reseda
To further expand, on a completely unrooted device (ota 2.2.1 all stock, NON-ROOTED) if you root and flash ezterry's kernel it will work just fine and there's no need to wipe your data.

I ran my phone this way for a while (all stock ota 2.2.1 with ezterry's 614 kernel and new spl/radio) and it was very stable and smoking fast. Link in my sig.

Well, I was a noob and tried to find the way to do it. Was trying some things, and figured that downgrading helped me. I added in OP in bold that there is another way to go around that and advised to search the thread. Thank you.

maxpower_303

Oct 30, 2009
Munich
radio update does also not work for me from step 4 on, update says it works but after checking, it sticks with 2.22.19.26I...the rom also works with the other radio, has ~30mb free memory which should be enough but is absolutely not stable..google maps does not work and randomly different services crash.. (vodafone 32b, white)

maxpower_303

Oct 30, 2009
Munich
You do not have to go back to just start at Step#4 and go from there. That is what I did and it worked fine.

does also not work for me (magic 32b vodafone white), radio update works well, say s everything is ok, but still is 2.22.19.26I after checking....rly, to go back to cupcake and start from where I was month ago does not sound like a perfect solution...but if there is no other way...:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tutorial was written specifically for T-Mobile MyTouch 3G 32B. It will ruin your device if you flash it elsewhere rather than on 32B MyTouch 3G. This thread is no longer supported because: 1. I do not remember anything about MyTouch 3G anymore; and 2. I do not have it anymore.

Also files could be corrupt after two years no one payed attention to them. So everything you do from this thread is solely on your own risk!

Hello everyone. I'm creating this thread because there are many noobs, just like myself, who ask too many questions and fail to use search properly. I just want to make it easier for dummies to find and do this, I take no credit for the work below mentioned people have done. I want to say thank you to those who made this all possible.

CLShortFuse for making super easy Rooting method. Original topic.

Amon_RA for making custom recovery for all of us. RA recovery thread

dasunsrule32 for making easy step by step tutorial. Original thread

xillius200 for providing flashable zips and guide. Original thread

Ohsaka and ezterry for amazing superwipe. Original thread

This is for MyTouch 3G 32B original (No Fender, 3.5 mm jack)

You will be flashing:
    Radio: 2.22.27.08
    SPL: 1.33.0013d

1. Your device should be rooted if you want to do it. SuperOneClick should work like a charm. Could be found here.

2. Download recovery and install it if you didn't do it yet. It could be performed by using Clockwork's app from the market. You can also use Clockwork's recovery if you want.

Note: The new OTA 2.2.1 update is going to restore original recovery after each boot, and will delete the custom one. (This happened to me) I tried flashing ROM before it was deleted and got Boot loops, no matter what ROM I used. Boot loop is when your phone got stuck on the green "MyTouch" image and restarts in circles. This is my way of doing it because I was a noob and found it longer but easy. Search through the thread, some of the users described that it is not necessary to downgrade. What helped me was flashing Android 1.5, then updating it to 1.6, and from there installing custom ROM. It worked for me, I'm not sure it will work for everyone. dasunsrule32 says you need custom SPL for doing it, but it worked for me without one.

Tutorial is here, chose section DOWNGRADE TO DONUT OTA:

3. Download flashable zips (radio and hboot) from xillius200 post (here) and download Ohsaka's superwipe here

4. Put Radio, hboot, and superwipe zip files into root directory of your SD card.

5. Make a nandroid back up (through recovery). And do Titanium back up of your apps and data, read the note:

Note: your current ROM might not be working with new radio and SPL, as mine OTA Rom did not work. I had to flash specific one. So make sure you backed up your apps and data. Titanium backup from Market should work fine.

6. Download ROM that you will be using. Make sure it works with the SPL and Radio you will be changing.

7. Make sure you have done step 4. Go into recovery and chose "install zip" and pick superwipe. Wait for it to finish and Chose "Power OFF." and then boot up into recovery.

8. Now you are good to flash Radio. Chose "Flash Zip" and pick radio and flash it. Your phone should reboot, I think mine didn't so I had to do it manually.

9. Boot into recovery again and now flash hboot zip file. Your phone should reboot after flashing.

10. Now you should be done and can flash the ROM. You can check your radio and SPL by booting your phone by pressing Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.

PS: I take no responsibility if you brick your device.
    before you can do step 1, your device needs to be rooted....
    Hello everyone. I'm creating this thread because there are many noobs, just like myself, who ask too many questions and fail to use search properly. I just want to make it easier for dummies to find and do this, I take no credit for the work below mentioned people have done. I want to say thank you to those who made this all possible.

CLShortFuse for making super easy Rooting method. Original topic.

Amon_RA for making custom recovery for all of us. RA recovery thread

dasunsrule32 for making easy step by step tutorial. Original thread

xillius200 for providing flashable zips and guide. Original thread

Ohsaka and ezterry for amazing superwipe. Original thread

This is for MyTouch 3G 32B original (No Fender, 3.5 mm jack)

You will be flashing:
    Radio: 2.22.27.08
    SPL: 1.33.0013d

1. Your device should be rooted if you want to do it. SuperOneClick should work like a charm. Could be found here.

2. Download recovery and install it if you didn't do it yet. It could be performed by using Clockwork's app from the market. You can also use Clockwork's recovery if you want.

Note: The new OTA 2.2.1 update is going to restore original recovery after each boot, and will delete the custom one. (This happened to me) I tried flashing ROM before it was deleted and got Boot loops, no matter what ROM I used. Boot loop is when your phone got stuck on the green "MyTouch" image and restarts in circles. What helped me was flashing Android 1.5, then updating it to 1.6, and from there installing custom ROM. It worked for me, I'm not sure it will work for everyone. dasunsrule32 says you need custom SPL for doing it, but it worked for me without one.

Tutorial is here, chose section DOWNGRADE TO DONUT OTA:

3. Download flashable zips (radio and hboot) from xillius200 post (here) and download Ohsaka's superwipe here

4. Put Radio, hboot, and superwipe zip files into root directory of your SD card.

5. Make a nandroid back up (through recovery). And do Titanium back up of your apps and data, read the note:

Note: your current ROM might not be working with new radio and SPL, as mine OTA Rom did not work. I had to flash specific one. So make sure you backed up your apps and data. Titanium backup from Market should work fine.

6. Download ROM that you will be using. Make sure it works with the SPL and Radio you will be changing.

7. Make sure you have done step 4. Go into recovery and chose "install zip" and pick superwipe. Wait for it to finish and Chose "Power OFF." and then boot up into recovery.

8. Now you are good to flash Radio. Chose "Flash Zip" and pick radio and flash it. Your phone should reboot, I think mine didn't so I had to do it manually.

9. Boot into recovery again and now flash hboot zip file. Your phone should reboot after flashing.

10. Now you should be done and can flash the ROM. You can check your radio and SPL by booting your phone by pressing Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.

PS: I take no responsibility if you brick your device.

Thanks for this wonderful post, but an important correction. There is no need to downgrade to Donut when flashing a rom. All you need is a rom with a 2708/28.25/0013spl compatible kernel. Or flash ezterry's compatible kernel (link in my sig) after whichever rom you install.

I rooted my T-mobile MT3G 32B running oem 2.2.1 with superoneclick, flashed ra recovery via rom manager, did a full wipe in amon ra recovery, flashed a rom, flashed ezterry's kernel and booted right up.