[ROM][03/18/12] CyanogenMod-7.2 RC1 for Inspire 4G

Search This thread

hellot1M

Jul 15, 2010
Has anyone tryed to modify the unlocker image? I'm am using the rings unlocker and was wonder if there was anyway to change the image useing root explorer.

Sent from Soundwave aboard Nemesis.

To change icons and such it would be in the framework-res.apk when u open that look in the Res folder then the "drawable-hdpi" folder. There are a lot of images so scroll till u find what u want to replace. Just remember you have to keep the same name/size/format as original. Change what u want then restart. Should take affect. For me its always best to modify the framework-res.apk outside the phone within cm7 zip then reflash the zip only wiping cache and dalvik.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

dj sampson

The actual unlocker iccon. Already have the screen image changed.

43a27d2b-ffc7-6208.jpg

Would like to edit the possition and image of the locker. Wanna change it to a decepticon symbol

hellot1M

Jul 15, 2010
The actual unlocker iccon. Already have the screen image changed.

43a27d2b-ffc7-6208.jpg

Would like to edit the possition and image of the locker. Wanna change it to a decepticon symbol

The icon would be in the folder I specified. As for position.... I'm not too sure about. That is a stock lock screen and its pretty solid on its position though I've never looked into changing it so it may be possible. Idk. Miui locker on the market has a bad ass decepticon lock screen that I think you would really enjoy. When u tap and hold to drag down it starts to morph and is constantly moving. Its simply bad ass lol

Reactions: dj sampson

tribestros

Nov 8, 2010
Denton, TX
That could be caused by several different things. Bad flash, roaming, wifi, or how you use the phone. Mine has the typical discharge rate. No battery issues

Definitely not bad flash, roaming, wifi, or how I use the phone. If I put try to read something for 15 minutes I get a massive, nearly 10% battery drop. Comparatively, Absolution has fantastic battery life, but my phone has data problems with it for some reason. If you aren't going to help and just assume I'm an idiot, don't reply. Stop acting like I insulted you or something.

kimtyson

Oct 30, 2006
York, Pa
LeEco Le 2
Definitely not bad flash, roaming, wifi, or how I use the phone. If I put try to read something for 15 minutes I get a massive, nearly 10% battery drop. Comparatively, Absolution has fantastic battery life, but my phone has data problems with it for some reason. If you aren't going to help and just assume I'm an idiot, don't reply. Stop acting like I insulted you or something.

Take a breath.

So, the info you just provided indicates that your battery is not the issue since another ROM doesn't affect it so drastically. And, as stated, you aren't an idiot. It's not a bad flash, roaming, wifi, or how you use the phone. I think we have really narrowed down the possibilities. Must be this excellent CM ROM. Perhaps try another?

Reactions: hellot1M

dj sampson

The icon would be in the folder I specified. As for position.... I'm not too sure about. That is a stock lock screen and its pretty solid on its position though I've never looked into changing it so it may be possible. Idk. Miui locker on the market has a bad ass decepticon lock screen that I think you would really enjoy. When u tap and hold to drag down it starts to morph and is constantly moving. Its simply bad ass lol

Don't mean to keep this thread off topic but my search in the miui post didn't turn up much. I downloaded the miui locker and it seems to break down slowly until it fc's altogether. By break down I mean the animations dissapear piece by piece. Did you have any issues with this? I know I saw something about issues with adw ex (which I'm using) wasn't sure if it was a known problem or just an issue on my end.

hellot1M

Jul 15, 2010
Don't mean to keep this thread off topic but my search in the miui post didn't turn up much. I downloaded the miui locker and it seems to break down slowly until it fc's altogether. By break down I mean the animations dissapear piece by piece. Did you have any issues with this? I know I saw something about issues with adw ex (which I'm using) wasn't sure if it was a known problem or just an issue on my end.

I've heard somewhere else it had to do with the large screen such as on the inspire, e4gt, evo , ect. I found a modified miui locker on a forum for one of these phones for large screens and fc issues but I honestly don't remember where. I'll look around and see what I can find. I use to have the modified version running on my epic but when I switched to the leaked ics builds I no longer used it and eventually lost it. Besides that have you tried disabling the lock screen within cm settings and then enabling miui locker? If not that may cause issues with miui locker. I know for me I had to disable default lock screen because it was causing odd screen effects between the two. Also it may just be with cm7. Their lock screen is beyond modified lol so they have done something with the lock screen services and permissions to be conflicting with the stability of a third party lock screen app. I haven't used cm7 sense the mytouch 3G slide days

Reactions: dj sampson

DroidRunner

Sep 29, 2010
Take a breath.

So, the info you just provided indicates that your battery is not the issue since another ROM doesn't affect it so drastically. And, as stated, you aren't an idiot. It's not a bad flash, roaming, wifi, or how you use the phone. I think we have really narrowed down the possibilities. Must be this excellent CM ROM. Perhaps try another?

Don't worry. The guy was notorious for complaining abouy battery life when he had HTC Aria like a year ago.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

ddiehl

Feb 27, 2011
Does anyone have issues with the phone hanging, and having slow response for about 10 seconds or so after waking?

Don't recall having this happen with 7.1..

kennypow3rs

Aug 31, 2011
Houston
Does anyone have issues with the phone hanging, and having slow response for about 10 seconds or so after waking?

Don't recall having this happen with 7.1..

Nope. Try using the talon ace kernel if you aren't already. Clock where you feel comfortable; I'm usually around 1.3ghz Max and 245 min. Just a suggestion. It was kind of sluggish until I switched kernels.

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
No lag here at all ...
Running TalonAce kernel also , and set at 194 min , 1267 Max...ish
I'm not having any dead spots, and battery life is sweet...g

ddiehl

Feb 27, 2011
Anyone else having issues with bluetooth just toggling on and off?

I'm experiencing this as well.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Nope. Try using the talon ace kernel if you aren't already. Clock where you feel comfortable; I'm usually around 1.3ghz Max and 245 min. Just a suggestion. It was kind of sluggish until I switched kernels.

I went ahead and did a full wipe, and re-flashed CM, and the Talon kernel.. All good now with the exception of bluetooth switching off by itself.

I'm experiencing this as well.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

I went ahead and did a full wipe, and re-flashed CM, and the Talon kernel.. All good now with the exception of bluetooth switching off by itself.

BlackIce is one of the top CM7 Roms, I have zero issues using it and connecting with my bluetooth device:

controller

See the link here for more information: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1598391

If you have an Inspire 4G be sure to flash the Inspire Mod on that thread as well.

Reactions: marevalo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3.7 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

cyanogen said:
    This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance (howto).

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Inspire 4G (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device and install Clockwork Recovery.
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Go into recovery and dump the "/proc/last_kmsg" file.
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get send the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

This is the latest release candidate so any and all feedback is appreciated!

Latest version: 7.2.0-RC1-ace - 03/18/2012
    Download: CyanogenMod Mirror Network
    Also available for download via ROM Manager

Google Addon:
    Download: http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    legend221 said:
    Also I seem to have lost sound altogether other than calls when using unity v10 kernel

EDIT: Got it back after flashing LorDModUE V8.6

Last I knew unity was a Sense based kernel. Not an AOSP kernel
    I linked the newer versions of Cyanogenmod7 these are official builds from the Cyanogenmod team.