Evo on Boost Mobile - Data Connection

Search This thread

Emrys_90

Jun 14, 2010
I've got voice and texting working, I believe. But I can't get data to work. Can anyone help me out, please?

[EDIT] A little for info. I keep getting the error code 67 registration failure. Your PCS Vision username and/or password may be incorrect, or something. Saying invalid username/password. I have changed the username to my Boost Mobile one. But I don't know anything about changing the password.

Last edited:

jackjumper85

Dec 3, 2008
Hot Springs National Park, AR
Have you tried doing a profile update, thats how the fone gets its network access info and if the the fone is linked to your boost mobile account it should provide the username and password.

PS. What does the fone show up as if you look on your account online. Just curious.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Emrys_90

Jun 14, 2010
I try and do a profile update, but it says the update has failed please try again later. I don't think it will work since the Evo is not actually supposed to be on Boost Mobile?

Last edited:
This is exactly what you need to do.. The phone that you cloned, to get the evo on the network.. You need to get the Shared AAA Secret and HA Shared Secret PAssword. I had this same problem with my EVo when cloning it with the samsung moment.. THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED! TRUST ME.. I spent months trying to figure out my problem and found it to be this.. This is the only method that can get you up and running. The HA Shared Secret is in Hex Format.. ill see if i can find that same guide that i used and post it later

Emrys_90

Jun 14, 2010
This is exactly what you need to do.. The phone that you cloned, to get the evo on the network.. You need to get the Shared AAA Secret and HA Shared Secret PAssword. I had this same problem with my EVo when cloning it with the samsung moment.. THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED! TRUST ME.. I spent months trying to figure out my problem and found it to be this.. This is the only method that can get you up and running. The HA Shared Secret is in Hex Format.. ill see if i can find that same guide that i used and post it later

Thanks, but I don't even see an option anywhere to set those kind of passwords. Even in QPST I can't find it.

Emrys_90

Jun 14, 2010
Alright, I found all the options to set those kind of passwords. But I can't find the passwords on the Boost Mobile phone to set them as. It's a Motorola W385.

caruthdad50

Jan 15, 2011
evo data connection

hello emrys_90 i was wondering if youeverfound a way to get the aaa & ha secrets from the mototola w385 i am having the same exact problem for a while tried bitpim and qpst & qxdm says file blocked by ip server i would be ecstatic if you or anyone else would be able to help me with this also is there some wat to get secret codes on the w385 to work i tried #073887* and other codes my phone does nothing in advance thanks to all

tonsdog

Dec 3, 2008
El Monte
I've got voice and texting working, I believe. But I can't get data to work. Can anyone help me out, please?

[EDIT] A little for info. I keep getting the error code 67 registration failure. Your PCS Vision username and/or password may be incorrect, or something. Saying invalid username/password. I have changed the username to my Boost Mobile one. But I don't know anything about changing the password.

Just do a ##rtn# and reset it. That's what I did after I put my evo on boost. It did the hands free activation and everything. Try that

Reactions: flamingos_usa

scoukjr

Nov 12, 2010
you are not getting 3G speeds if you just do a ##rtn# reset only 1x speeds. you have to get profile 0 user names and passwords from a incognito in order to get evdo rev a speeds or a rant to get slower evdo rev 0 speeds. to check dial ##33284# on your evo and go to data status you will see either evdo if you have 3G or 1xrtt if you have regular non 3g data speeds. just cause the 3G signal pops up does not mean you have 3G

Reactions: masterkamon842

quickbird144

Mar 9, 2010
you are not getting 3G speeds if you just do a ##rtn# reset only 1x speeds. you have to get profile 0 user names and passwords from a incognito in order to get evdo rev a speeds or a rant to get slower evdo rev 0 speeds. to check dial ##33284# on your evo and go to data status you will see either evdo if you have 3G or 1xrtt if you have regular non 3g data speeds. just cause the 3G signal pops up does not mean you have 3G

I did this and it said I was on Evdo Rev A but my speeds are still horrible!

TANGO*BLAST

Jun 15, 2011
Just do a ##rtn# and reset it. That's what I did after I put my evo on boost. It did the hands free activation and everything. Try that

My phone calls and texts work, Just keep getting "Data Call Failure" Error Code 67 .Registration failure. Your PCS Vision username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again.

When I hit ##786(RTN)# It bring up Reverse Logistics Support? I hit "Menu" to do a "RESET", and then it powers down & reboots. Logo pops up that it is updating I guess. Again it powers down comes back up as new. Lost everything? Your account could not be validated?

tonsdog

Dec 3, 2008
El Monte
My phone calls and texts work, Just keep getting "Data Call Failure" Error Code 67 .Registration failure. Your PCS Vision username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again.

When I hit ##786(RTN)# It bring up Reverse Logistics Support? I hit "Menu" to do a "RESET", and then it powers down & reboots. Logo pops up that it is updating I guess. Again it powers down comes back up as new. Lost everything? Your account could not be validated?

Do a ##data# then data profile reset and then do a rtn reset. Make sure you are on a stick Rom or it won't work. If it still don't work set your mdn & Msid to 0000001234 then reset it rtn

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

TANGO*BLAST

Jun 15, 2011
Tried Changing MEID to donor as it is wrong. When I "RequestNVItemWrite MEID 0x00A0000000000000" I get "RequestNVItemWrite - Error response received from target" in QXDM found 3 MEID's @ 00075184, 00033960, & 0003E520 How can I figure out the address to type in? For example:
ESN addresses:
00FD:0DC8
00FD:2694
00FE:381C
ESN addresses:
0127:BCCC
015F:8D48
017C:79BC
017C:7E1C
017C:E2D8
017C:F1D4
0188:B65C
01D4:3C01

TANGO*BLAST

Jun 15, 2011
I am receiving text messages & phone calls. Even though, my MEID is wrong on my EVO. I used HxD-Editor to find MEID's (3). Corrected them, but still can't write to EVO using QXDM? I am assuming this is why data isn't working? I am running Android2.2 Baseband 2.15.00.11.19

mgarza

Sep 6, 2011
Tried Changing MEID to donor as it is wrong. When I "RequestNVItemWrite MEID 0x00A0000000000000" I get "RequestNVItemWrite - Error response received from target" in QXDM found 3 MEID's @ 00075184, 00033960, & 0003E520 How can I figure out the address to type in? For example:
ESN addresses:
00FD:0DC8
00FD:2694
00FE:381C
ESN addresses:
0127:BCCC
015F:8D48
017C:79BC
017C:7E1C
017C:E2D8
017C:F1D4
0188:B65C
01D4:3C01

So, did you finally changed? how?

weinerwad3000

Feb 9, 2011
Flagstaff, az
I am receiving text messages & phone calls. Even though, my MEID is wrong on my EVO. I used HxD-Editor to find MEID's (3). Corrected them, but still can't write to EVO using QXDM? I am assuming this is why data isn't working? I am running Android2.2 Baseband 2.15.00.11.19

Your data isn't working because you don't have the AAA password. The meid doesn't matter because the evo uses the ESN. Get the AAA password and you'll be set.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.