Anyone in UK got theirs yet?

Search This thread

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
You guys are making me sad; I live in the same state as Google, and I'm STILL waiting for my N1 to arrive! And I bought it as soon as the site went active!

Whoever said it earlier, the shipping of this phone really IS random.

I believe that was me. I think google have employed a group of monkeys to randomly hit buttons determining who's get's their's done first.

Hopefully you will get your's soon, mine is suck on credit card declined - retrying for 26 hours and counting.

contractor

Feb 27, 2007
London
must say I am well impressed with both the phone and speed of delivery. No more polished turds (winmo) for me!

Forgot to say. I got the missus an HD2 in December. I KNOW she will be dead jealous :)

Last edited:

Abbsta

Nov 29, 2007
30 hours since my payment went through (after 6 tries) and still nothing. Checkout still shows "CC declined - Retry in progress".

Very frustrating.

stewart1988

May 6, 2008
30 hours since my payment went through (after 6 tries) and still nothing. Checkout still shows "CC declined - Retry in progress".

Very frustrating.

Mine just says

Your order has been sent to Google Phone Webstore.
6 Jan
Google Phone Webstore received your order.

6 Jan
You placed an order with Google Phone Webstore on 6 Jan. Google Checkout sent a copy of this receipt to ****@gmail.com

Does that mean they accepted my payment? :confused:

Iggy82

Very frustrating.

Phone your credit card company if you haven't already. Credit Card companies sometimes decline payments until they have spoken to the card holder due to fraud. Sometimes, it takes them 3 or 4 days to bother phoning you to tell you that they suspect it could be fraud, all they do is check some security questions to verify you are who you say you are, then they verify that you did actually place the order yourself; not some fraudster.
After they've verified it with you, they'll allow the transaction. Just give your card company a call and ask them if they're holding any payments back on your account.

Abbsta

Nov 29, 2007
Mine just says

Your order has been sent to Google Phone Webstore.
6 Jan
Google Phone Webstore received your order.

6 Jan
You placed an order with Google Phone Webstore on 6 Jan. Google Checkout sent a copy of this receipt to ****@gmail.com

Does that mean they accepted my payment? :confused:

I'm guessing yes as that's exactly what it says on mine that "Google Phone Webstore received your order".

There are posts in Google's help forum that suggest to ignore the messages in the history as it doesn't update for some reason.

Abbsta

Nov 29, 2007
Phone your credit card company if you haven't already. Credit Card companies sometimes decline payments until they have spoken to the card holder due to fraud. Sometimes, it takes them 3 or 4 days to bother phoning you to tell you that they suspect it could be fraud, all they do is check some security questions to verify you are who you say you are, then they verify that you did actually place the order yourself; not some fraudster.
After they've verified it with you, they'll allow the transaction. Just give your card company a call and ask them if they're holding any payments back on your account.

Done that already and it's been 30 hrs since Google took the money.

Baldyman1966

Mar 12, 2009
VAT is now 17.5% and is paid on the full invoice amount (so including the shipping). So if you paid £363 (charger included), 17.5% is £63.53. Duty on mobile phones is 0, so you don't have to worry about that.
You will then need to pay an admin fee to DHL as they will have paid the taxes for you. Most companies charge £8-15, however DHL is £1.25 or 2% of the taxes which ever is greater. As 2% of £63.53 is £1.27 expect to get an invoice in the next few weeks (months) for around £65.

I may not have understood this, but you talk about vat on the whole thing, then say Mobile phones are zero rated. If they are zero rated, why would we need to pay Vat on them?

tvrf21

Feb 26, 2008
mine is now in the East Midlands! Wooh! Been looking at it all day since it was in the depart facility in Cincinati!

I'm not a phone nerd...honest I am not!!

TDiDaddy

Dec 5, 2007
Mine's at East Midlands too!

Looks like we are on the same shipment:
1/7/2010 9:12 pm Transit through DHL facility East Midlands, United Kingdom

Fingers crossed/weather permitting, I'll get it delivered to work in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire tomorrow...Then the tricky job of explaining this new phone to my wife:eek:...ByeBye world...It was good while it lasted...

arifhanid

Dec 19, 2006
www.healthyindianrecipes.co.uk

mwitha

Nov 28, 2008
hehe, I'm on that one too:

1/7/2010 9:12 pm Transit through DHL facility East Midlands, United Kingdom

john boot

Jul 26, 2007
its getting closer :)

1/7/2010
9:49 pm Clearance processing complete East Midlands, United Kingdom
9:12 pm Transit through DHL facility East Midlands, United Kingdom

Hasilpuri

Nov 1, 2008
London
Im frm UK and thinking of ordering 1, I have got one question, Wat if some thing goes wrong on the phone, will it mean i'll have to send it back to US for warrantty or wat?