[Q] Why don't I have sound from anything, then app crashes

Search This thread

AhellHound

Dec 26, 2013
I recently had my Galaxy S4 from AT&T JTAG'd, and upon receiving it I've had no sound. I've tried factory reset, clearing partition, going through the sound settings and turning off adapt sound.

When I try to listen to a video or any sound, I play the video, my phone vibrates, then a few seconds later vibrates twice. After, the app crashes. I've tried headphones, and the phone says headphones are plugged in, but no sound and same crash occurs.

When trying to use adapt sound, I plug my headphones in, the message appears, but at the bottom the phone asks me to plug my headphones in.

Since I soft bricked my phone, today the first day I've had my phone in almost a month, and the day I get it back the sound doesn't work.

This is really frustrating, so any and all help is welcomed!

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
I recently had my Galaxy S4 from AT&T JTAG'd, and upon receiving it I've had no sound. I've tried factory reset, clearing partition, going through the sound settings and turning off adapt sound.

When I try to listen to a video or any sound, I play the video, my phone vibrates, then a few seconds later vibrates twice. After, the app crashes. I've tried headphones, and the phone says headphones are plugged in, but no sound and same crash occurs.

When trying to use adapt sound, I plug my headphones in, the message appears, but at the bottom the phone asks me to plug my headphones in.

Since I soft bricked my phone, today the first day I've had my phone in almost a month, and the day I get it back the sound doesn't work.

This is really frustrating, so any and all help is welcomed!

Have you considered sending it back to the people that Jtag'd it so they can fix it correctly? Or at least contacting them?