[Q] DirtyV kernel setting changes

Search This thread

TheMan0790

May 22, 2011
Trickster Mod (Neph suggests the donate version, since some of his settings require that version).

Break me off a piece of that KitKat ROM!

Reactions: rigel10

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
Trickster Mod (Neph suggests the donate version, since some of his settings require that version).

I think he meant how Nephilim makes his settings e.g. the values for the governor tunables and that stuff. ?
@rigel10

As far as I know he searches the interwebs for info about the thing he wants to tune and then starts fiddling.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

Nephilim

Aug 16, 2010
Milwaukee
I think he meant how Nephilim makes his settings e.g. the values for the governor tunables and that stuff. ?
@rigel10

As far as I know he searches the interwebs for info about the thing he wants to tune and then starts fiddling.

Lol, I guess you could say that in layman's terms.

I research the kernel settings and once I have figured out how each work I then tweak each to what I feel will be optimal. From that point on it's about perfecting those settings by tweaking each individually until yielding the correct results. It becomes more time consuming when your working on a very active kernel such as DirtyV lol.

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen

I research the kernel settings and once I have figured out how each work I then tweak each to what I feel will be optimal. From that point on it's about perfecting those settings by tweaking each individually until yielding the correct results. It becomes more time consuming when your working on a very active kernel such as DirtyV lol.

uploadfromtaptalk1392234886519.png

Last edited:

rigel10

May 12, 2012
San Diego
Thanks a lot Guys. I did not realize that it got so complex to fiddle with the kernel. I will have to get the donate version of dirtyV kernel and the see what differences neph's setting makes for me. That will be the first fiddle step for me.

rigel10

May 12, 2012
San Diego
Thanks a lot Guys. I did not realize that it got so complex to fiddle with the kernel. I will have to get the donate version of dirtyV kernel and the see what differences neph's setting makes for me. That will be the first fiddle step for me.

I am presently clean flashing the 2/13/14 LiquidSmooth , PA stock gaps and 2/13/14 Dirtv-SRS kernel. I could not find the version of DirtyV that allowed the extra setting capability. I will check out the performance settings in LiquidSmooth to see what the 2/13 settings are available

xzilem

Jul 20, 2011
I am presently clean flashing the 2/13/14 LiquidSmooth , PA stock gaps and 2/13/14 Dirtv-SRS kernel. I could not find the version of DirtyV that allowed the extra setting capability. I will check out the performance settings in LiquidSmooth to see what the 2/13 settings are available

Its the donate version of trickster mod, not the donate version of dirtyV.

rigel10

May 12, 2012
San Diego
Took me over a day to recover from 2/13/14 dirtyV causing loss of wifi. Now I am back on track with 2/14/14/ version and am ready finally to tweak kernel settings with trickstermod

rigel10

May 12, 2012
San Diego
Well that did not go down well i had problems with not being able to connect to wifi. I received messages saying the wifi set up was good but it just would not connect. Then re flashing caused the camera to stop. Finally I went back to just LS and PA stock gaps both with 2/13/14. I will wait awhile until the next version of dirtyV before i try again that way I can get a feel for the phone without the kernel and can confirm its not me or some other app that is causing the problem.

xzilem

Jul 20, 2011
Well that did not go down well i had problems with not being able to connect to wifi. I received messages saying the wifi set up was good but it just would not connect. Then re flashing caused the camera to stop. Finally I went back to just LS and PA stock gaps both with 2/13/14. I will wait awhile until the next version of dirtyV before i try again that way I can get a feel for the phone without the kernel and can confirm its not me or some other app that is causing the problem.

There's new dirtyV kernel with ramdisk, you can try it with neph setting.

For the camera, you need to change camera setting to 720p before you use sr version.

rigel10

May 12, 2012
San Diego
There's new dirtyV kernel with ramdisk, you can try it with neph setting.

For the camera, you need to change camera setting to 720p before you use sr version.

Thanks, yes, I see there is a 2/15/14 version that i have not tried. Where is the setting for the camera? I tried opening the camera (photosphere from PA gapps) and looked for the setting and I looked in the Liquid Smooth settings. But I can not see it. I will have to make a wider search.

xzilem

Jul 20, 2011
Thanks, yes, I see there is a 2/15/14 version that i have not tried. Where is the setting for the camera? I tried opening the camera (photosphere from PA gapps) and looked for the setting and I looked in the Liquid Smooth settings. But I can not see it. I will have to make a wider search.

You can go to camera app, change to video recording, long press and go to setting. You can change video quality there to HD 720p.

rigel10

May 12, 2012
San Diego
Set to 720P all working Ok, dirty flashed dirty-RSR opened camera in snapshot mode not video. It was ok. Opened Barcode app camera did not open. reopened camera got a camera error "Can't connect to the camera". Maybe the camera was not set at 720, but now the camera app is stuck. So i will reload the back up and see what else i can do. Such as delete the barcode ap and try again.

xzilem

Jul 20, 2011
Set to 720P all working Ok, dirty flashed dirty-RSR opened camera in snapshot mode not video. It was ok. Opened Barcode app camera did not open. reopened camera got a camera error "Can't connect to the camera". Maybe the camera was not set at 720, but now the camera app is stuck. So i will reload the back up and see what else i can do. Such as delete the barcode ap and try again.

What barcode scanner you use? I don't have problem with QR Droid scanner.

If you still have problem with camera, just use normal dirtyV then.

rigel10

May 12, 2012
San Diego
Thanks again for your help. I use Barcode Scanner by the Zxing Team. I think the problem is not with the scanner but that it uses the camera in the video mode. I backed of to LS 2/5/14 edition with 2/5/14 dirtyV-SR from one of my backups and all is working again. I can not do much in the week, but come the weekend I will try again with the 2/17 versions of LS and PA Stock gapps. And see if flash the Dirtv kernel that i have success. Thanks again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @rigel10

uploadfromtaptalk1392234886519.png

Its the donate version of trickster mod, not the donate version of dirtyV.

@rigel10