[Q] Please help me,i want to flash a custom rom

Search This thread

JoKeR[RO-VL]

Jun 26, 2014
Valcea
Hi! I have a lg optimus black p970 running android 4.0.4 ics and i want to flash a custom rom. I have rooted my phone with unlock root 4.1.2 but i heared i must unlock bootloader and i don't know how....i am a noob.
PLEASE HELP !

androcraze

Jan 11, 2013
Reactions: JoKeR[RO-VL]

JoKeR[RO-VL]

Jun 26, 2014
Valcea
If i try to install ROM MANAGER and then CWM RECOVERY ,DO A NANDROID BACKUP i still gonna need to unlock bootloader?
I saw a tutorial where i have to do the steps from above and was no mentioning about bootloader.
[Sorry for my english]

androcraze

Jan 11, 2013
If i try to install ROM MANAGER and then CWM RECOVERY ,DO A NANDROID BACKUP i still gonna need to unlock bootloader?
I saw a tutorial where i have to do the steps from above and was no mentioning about bootloader.
[Sorry for my english]

You want to UNLOCK the boot loader FIRST, then deal with CWM/TWRP later.

If you don't, you will get stuck in a boot loop.

ICS is the first factory ROM on the P970 where LG locked the boot loader. Much of what's on here is folks moving up from Froyo or Gingerbread. ICS added a number of headaches for phone hacking.

The good news is that once you unlock that boot loader, it's "business as usual".

Reactions: ferhpsquad

androcraze

Jan 11, 2013
I've tried with bootloader unlocker by Ilko and said "killing server" server not found....can you tell me why?

Not sure. Does it prompt you for a server address? I wonder if it's related to allowing a 127.0.0.1 connection?

Did you launch the unlocker with administrator privileges? You'd have to right-click first then "run as administrator".

JoKeR[RO-VL]

Jun 26, 2014
Valcea
Not sure. Does it prompt you for a server address? I wonder if it's related to allowing a 127.0.0.1 connection?

Did you launch the unlocker with administrator privileges? You'd have to right-click first then "run as administrator".

Yes, i launch the unlocker with administrator privileges....look at what appears

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 24

androcraze

Jan 11, 2013
Yes, i launch the unlocker with administrator privileges....look at what appears

On first blush, it looks like things may have worked... Maybe not.

When I first rooted my phone, I connected it to the computer (via USB) with the phone OFF. I think I held down the volume up (or was it down?) button, and holding that, powered on the phone. It went to the boot loader. Then I did the rooting magic.

Are you doing that ?

JoKeR[RO-VL]

Jun 26, 2014
Valcea
On first blush, it looks like things may have worked... Maybe not.

When I first rooted my phone, I connected it to the computer (via USB) with the phone OFF. I think I held down the volume up (or was it down?) button, and holding that, powered on the phone. It went to the boot loader. Then I did the rooting magic.

Are you doing that ?

I didn't do that....i have rooted my phone with the sd card unmounted and sim unmounted too....should i unroot and root again using the method you said it to me?

androcraze

Jan 11, 2013
I didn't do that....i have rooted my phone with the sd card unmounted and sim unmounted too....should i unroot and root again using the method you said it to me?

If it's rooted, it's rooted.

I'm guessing you have CWM downloaded too.

It's just the bootloader now.....

I need to do some research. Try what I was talking about. I didn't have to remove anything when I did the root (SD card, etc). Just the volume + power (I think that's right).

Maybe someone with more experience on the ICS bootloader can pipe in. I'm working blind here.

JoKeR[RO-VL]

Jun 26, 2014
Valcea
If it's rooted, it's rooted.

I'm guessing you have CWM downloaded too.

It's just the bootloader now.....

I need to do some research. Try what I was talking about. I didn't have to remove anything when I did the root (SD card, etc). Just the volume + power (I think that's right).

Maybe someone with more experience on the ICS bootloader can pipe in. I'm working blind here.

I don't have CWM downloaded on my phone but i have all of these downloaded on my laptop
I wil wait for your research or maybe someone with more experience on the ICS bootloader appears.:)

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    238.6 KB · Views: 9

JoKeR[RO-VL]

Jun 26, 2014
Valcea
Today i've tried to boot into recovery without having CWM Recovery or something similar installed. I hold down the Volume + button and G button and turn on the phone. It appeared a picture with lg and writting Recovery Mode but i couldn't do anything....there was no recovrey menu there

pkb_always4u

Nov 24, 2010
Varanasi, India
Today i've tried to boot into recovery without having CWM Recovery or something similar installed. I hold down the Volume + button and G button and turn on the phone. It appeared a picture with lg and writting Recovery Mode but i couldn't do anything....there was no recovrey menu there
I went through whole thread and got a mess. What is your actual problem? What you want to do?

JoKeR[RO-VL]

Jun 26, 2014
Valcea
I went through whole thread and got a mess. What is your actual problem? What you want to do?

I want to flash a custom rom on my lg p970. I have android 4.0.4 ics on the phone and i must to unlock the bootloader but I don't know how. I've tried with bootloader unlocker and didn't worked. Can you tell me step by step what should I do? What tools I need and how to use them?(I am a noob:D)

pkb_always4u

Nov 24, 2010
Varanasi, India
Good, now you need 3 things :-

1. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.rommanager&hl=en

2. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1624565 (If you want to flash higher than ICS ROM, like JB or KitKat)

3. Your desired ROM's zip

STEPS :-

a. Put both (2 & 3) at the root of your SDCard via any method you prefer.
b. Install the 1st from market (or apk) and open it. From its menu reboot to recovery. (you may need to install CWM from its menu to reboot into recovery, so be sure you have data)
c. Flash the (2) AROMA Recovery flasher and select the latest one without any mod (best from Evi)
d. Reboot normal just to check everything is normal.
e. Reboot again to recovery using Rom Manager's reboot to recovery option menu.
f. Do a factory reset/wipe data from CWM menu
g. Select "Install from ZIP" and select the desire ROM's zip you have put in 1st step.

You are done.

NOTE : in CWM, Rocker button goes up n down, and search button selects the option. Also power button selects the option but avoid it due to accidental turn offs.

Last edited:

JoKeR[RO-VL]

Jun 26, 2014
Valcea
Good, now you need 3 things :-

1. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.rommanager&hl=en

2. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1624565 (If you want to flash higher than ICS ROM, like JB or KitKat)

3. Your desired ROM's zip

STEPS :-

a. Put both (2 & 3) at the root of your SDCard via any method you prefer.
b. Install the 1st from market (or apk) and open it. From its menu reboot to recovery. (you may need to install CWM from its menu to reboot into recovery, so be sure you have data)
c. Flash the (2) AROMA Recovery flasher and select the latest one without any mod (best from Evi)
d. Reboot normal just to check everything is normal.
e. Reboot again to recovery using Rom Manager's reboot to recovery option menu.
f. Do a factory reset/wipe data from CWM menu
g. Select "Install from ZIP" and select the desire ROM's zip you have put in 1st step.

You are done.

NOTE : in CWM, Rocker button goes up n down, and search button selects the option. Also power button selects the option but avoid it due to accidental turn offs.

OK! btw i want to flash GB zeus rom....but since i am using ics 4.0.4 the bootloader isn't locked ?

Top Liked Posts