Help needed - Proper root Z1 6906

Search This thread

h078

Nov 18, 2007
First , I am no noob her as you can see in my signature.
Member since 2007, proud owner of every single smartphone worth playing with to hit US/ATT market since 2007 onward. :D

I am not new to Xperia as I had x10, Neo V, Ray and TL. I know how to use flash tool and know my way around with my trusty Root Explorer.

I recently bought Z1 6906 - It was originally Bell Canada but I am using it on AT&T.
Phone runs JB 4.2.2 - build 14.1.G.1.158.

I read lots of forums and all of them say something slightly different, depending on Z1 model and build.

All I need is simple set of instructions on how to end up with rooted Z1 6906 running android 4.4.2.
I read that you can root JB with VROOT but I am vary of Chinese superuser apps and stuff that they put on my phone during the root process.

I do not need bootloader unlocked as I do not plan flashing custom ROMs, Kernels etc... and all flashable tweaks can be applied via Root Explorer and some elbow grease.

So - what is least painful way to root and upgrade to KitKat and preserve root - keeping stock ROM.
I would like to have (preferably unbranded firmware) but I can live with Bell one and remove junk myself.

I appreciate all the help .

And please don't answer with "Search is your best friend" because I am fully aware of that - I post ONLY if I feel really stuck and need help

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
You do not have a signature, its empty
Member since 2007, proud owner of every single smartphone worth playing with to hit US/ATT market since 2007 onward. :D

I am not new to Xperia as I had x10, Neo V, Ray and TL. I know how to use flash tool and know my way around with my trusty Root Explorer.

I recently bought Z1 6906 - It was originally Bell Canada but I am using it on AT&T.

I read lots of forums and all of them say something slightly different, depending on Z1 model and build.

All I need is simple set of instructions on how to end up with rooted Z1 6906 running android 4.4.2.
I read that you can root JB with VROOT but I am vary of Chinese superuser apps and stuff that they put on my phone during the root process.
too right NEVER EVER USE VROOT, it send your IMEI number to an IP address in china
I do not need bootloader unlocked as I do not plan flashing custom ROMs, Kernels etc... and all flashable tweaks can be applied via Root Explorer and some elbow grease.

So - what is least painful way to root and upgrade to KitKat and preserve root - keeping stock ROM.
just look in the development section, there are plenty of threads explain how to do this. Or there is a method in my signature, its slightly outdated (By about a week) there are quicker methods now, they are easy to search for.
I would like to have (preferably unbranded firmware) but I can live with Bell one and remove junk myself.

And please don't answer with "Search is your best friend" because I am fully aware of that - I post ONLY if I feel really stuck and need help
;)

Last edited:
Reactions: h078

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You do not have a signature, its empty

too right NEVER EVER USE VROOT, it send your IMEI number to an IP address in china

just look in the development section, there are plenty of threads explain how to do this. Or there is a method in my signature, its slightly outdated (By about a week) there are quicker methods now, they are easy to search for.

;)