XBMC 13.2b1 Launcher Mod (no xposed modules necessary)

Search This thread

mastafunk

Aug 31, 2011
Undisclosed Swamp Location, FL

mastafunk

Aug 31, 2011
Just to get past the initial registration.. You can disable right after the intro video. You will still be rooted. Not enough time to take the update . if you have it blocked in your router.. If you blocked it in the box with pm you will be fine as that gets reset.

vi3tl23n3gad3

May 5, 2011
Just to get past the initial registration.. You can disable right after the intro video. You will still be rooted. Not enough time to take the update . if you have it blocked in your router.. If you blocked it in the box with pm you will be fine as that gets reset.

Thanks for your help. Got it back up and running. Guess ill have to reinstall all that stuff later hehe. That was such a silly move. The xbmc launcher you're inferring here, do I need to install xbmc prior to installing this file? Thanks again!!!

kiet05917

Jan 4, 2011
Audio Volume didnot work

anybody have this problem or only me: When the movie play, go to audio and try to adjust the volume,
look it did not work , any ideas

mastafunk

Aug 31, 2011
All versions of xbmc are affected by this. The firmware on the aftv doss not have standard volume control built in.. There are some workarounds however using volume amp.. Look around there is a thread discussing it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is xbmc13.2 beta 1 compiled to work as an android launcher. Just a couple tweaks from stock including..
    Thanks to mejdam for testing the proceedure for me..
    • Modified manifest to act as Android Launcher
    • remote sends keypress set as default
    • tweaked advancedsettings.xml
    • xbmchub/xunity/mashup sources included

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/69c415f3

To get this going without xposed modules follow these steps....
    (You will loose access to the firetv launcher and amazon prime videos/store)

PREP

You will want to sideload an app that can freeze apk's ie appfreezer or titanium backup.
    You will probably want to get anything you want from the amazon store (ie the firetv netflix app).
    You will want to sideload an android app manager (as you will loose the ability to uninstall apps from the firetv launcher), and sideload the google playstore so you can easily install apps.

1)Sideload the xbmc from this thread

2)Launch you apk freezer app and freeze the firetv launcher (depending on your app it may be listed as KFTV Launcher)

3)Press the home key on your firetv remote. Select XBMC and always from the popup, and let XBMC load its first run.

4)Reboot Firetv.

If you want the box to show the kewl slideshow screensaver and goto sleep as before then under XBMC settings/system/Powersaving set timer to 20 minutes and function to Quit. With these settings as long as a video is not playing or paused xbmc will shutdown in 20 mins and the amazon slideshow screensaver will come up and the box will eventually sleep like normal.

Pressing home on firetv remote will wake it up.
    totally did, thank you. no more need for autopilot on my ouyas. for the fire i'll keep my tvlauncher.
    If you want you can add them both to the sticky.. Better chance to keep links alive.
    If you want you can add them both to the sticky.. Better chance to keep links alive.

to what sticky?