[Q] Can I download cyanogenmod onto my sprint lg g2 ls980zvd? And how?

Search This thread

Antrock23

Aug 24, 2014
I have twrp on my phone and yes my phone is rooted I just really wanna no if it's possible or will I get stuck in a boot loop again because it happened once but it was because I missed a step but will it work if I do it correctly?

Reactions: DEFNUB

nickelghandi

Jan 30, 2010
Frankfort
It could work... Or it could throw you into a boot loop again. Its kind of a trial and error thing. If you got out of the boot loop using the LG Flash Tool, then you are probably in good shape to try again with Cyanogenmod. If it gets stuck again, just use the flash tool to restore to stock. Make sure any personal data is backed up before you try it, but that should be a step you take anyway. If you are familiar with the flash tool, then I would suggest you download one of the older stock ROMs that you know is compatible with Cyanogenmod and flash it using the tool. There are some good tutorials on here explaining each step thoroughly.

tabp0le

Inactive Recognized Developer
I have twrp on my phone and yes my phone is rooted I just really wanna no if it's possible or will I get stuck in a boot loop again because it happened once but it was because I missed a step but will it work if I do it correctly?

It could work... Or it could throw you into a boot loop again. Its kind of a trial and error thing. If you got out of the boot loop using the LG Flash Tool, then you are probably in good shape to try again with Cyanogenmod. If it gets stuck again, just use the flash tool to restore to stock. Make sure any personal data is backed up before you try it, but that should be a step you take anyway. If you are familiar with the flash tool, then I would suggest you download one of the older stock ROMs that you know is compatible with Cyanogenmod and flash it using the tool. There are some good tutorials on here explaining each step thoroughly.

Personally, I've tried two different AOSP based ROMs with ZVD. Both worked properly. I just realized I like stock better so I flashed back no problem. They were DeviantXone and VanirAOSP

Anything that has a 4.4.x baseband should work fine. (Alot of them are still running on zv8/a-DONT TRY AND INSTALL)

MeestaAytch

Aug 15, 2012
City of Angels
In order to get CM on your phone you'll have to downgrade to ZV8 baseband/modem prior to flashing or you'll be boot looping

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.