Hard Bricked my AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-i747 by Flashing INTERNATIONAL ROM

Search This thread

jabbaravila

Sep 4, 2014
I made a big (rookie) mistake rushing through the reading on the Android Revolution HD ROM site.

My device model is SGH-i747 and the ROM I tried to flash was only intended for the international version of the S3 (i9300).
Now my device is hard bricked and I cant seem to find any solutions on recovering my device. Can someone help?

I believe i was running 4.1 before i tried upgrading to 4.3 (my phone hard-bricked once i completed the 4.3 installation) so I'm not sure exactly what image file i will need. Hope you can assist me with that as well.

I appreciate any and all advice.

Last edited:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
You were running stock 4.1, loaded the international ROM, then tried to load stock 4.3? Is this correct?

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
If ypu can link to everything you flashed it would help. First it sounds like you bricked by flashing the wrong rom, but then it sounds like you bricked when updating your firmware.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

jabbaravila

Sep 4, 2014
You were running stock 4.1, loaded the international ROM, then tried to load stock 4.3? Is this correct?

If ypu can link to everything you flashed it would help. First it sounds like you bricked by flashing the wrong rom, but then it sounds like you bricked when updating your firmware.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Yes i bricked the device while installing the Android Revolution HD ROM. Previously in was running the stock 4.1.2 Android system. Sorry but I cannot link the site to the Android Revolution HD ROM but I did notice it was for international versions of the S3 only. My current S3 model is the i-747 At&t.

Hope this was enough information to provide a helpful response. If not you can pm me and I'll share the needed info.

Thanks

jabbaravila

Sep 4, 2014

I loaded the international ROM by flashing with ROM Manager, once the installation was complete my device asked to reboot, once I selected yes my phone shutdown with no signs of life....hardbricked.
I never got the chance to bootup Android Revolution HD
Hope this info helps.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Can you remember if you ever took any ota updates or did you ever update by flashing firmware with Odin? Was the 4.1.2 you were running the official build or was it a ROM?

Better to discuss everything here rather than PM btw. Not only does it allow more people to try to help, reducing your wait time for answers, but it can also help others in the future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mrrocketdog

jabbaravila

Sep 4, 2014
Can you remember if you ever took any ota updates or did you ever update by flashing firmware with Odin? Was the 4.1.2 you were running the official build or was it a ROM?

Better to discuss everything here rather than PM btw. Not only does it allow more people to try to help, reducing your wait time for answers, but it can also help others in the future.

I had my device rooted with 4.4.4 CM firmware installed. I then flashed Slimkat 4.4 rom for a littlw while. After that I used the unroot process to unroot my device and flashed the stock 4.1 firmware using Kies. After Kies I decided I wanted to root device once more and install Android Revolution HD... I unrooted my device (still on 4.1 here) then began the process of flashing the 4.3 Revolution ROM. After that it died.

jabbaravila

Sep 4, 2014
Hey I've tried doing the sd card method with a few different debrick files with no avail.
Am I missing something here?

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Sometimes it takes several tries with the correct image before it'll work. Sometimes some SD cards just won't work. Are you sure its a genuine card? Sammy cards are very often found to be fakes.
Not saying it is, just a possibility. Try other SD cards too if you can. Even good ones just won't do the job sometimes.

jabbaravila

Sep 4, 2014
Sometimes it takes several tries with the correct image before it'll work. Sometimes some SD cards just won't work. Are you sure its a genuine card? Sammy cards are very often found to be fakes.
Not saying it is, just a possibility. Try other SD cards too if you can. Even good ones just won't do the job sometimes.

It's a card that I purchased from Wal-Mart, I assume it's legit.

Can you anyway direct me or post links to debrick images that are known to work?

p.s.- by try several times do you mean, Formatting sdcard, using win32 to write debrick image then putting it back into the phone?

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
If you were on 4.1.2 firmware, the 4.3 image in the op should work. Its been proven before.

Yes. Remake the sdcard. Can't recall if its in this forums op, but I personally used and prefer the Linux method of creating the sdcard. If its not here, go to the thread in the development section in T-Mobiles S3 forums. Its stickied at the top so you can't miss it. It has instructions for using both windows and a Linux LiveCD. Just don't use any Debrick.imgs from there.

As for the card itself, I hope things have gotten better about it, but in the past, faked sdcards have come from places like Walmart, best buy, radio shack, etc. The only way to truly know before buying is to make sure they are an authorized retailer. This means they buy direct from the manufacturer. Otherwise there could be multiple parties between the two which is where the problems occur. If you want to know more about it, there's tons of info and advice all over the net about this stuff. There are tools you can use to determine yours is the real deal, or a cheap knock off too. I can't remember what they are or what you have to look for when using them, but the info is out there.

jabbaravila

Sep 4, 2014
If you were on 4.1.2 firmware, the 4.3 image in the op should work. Its been proven before.

Yes. Remake the sdcard. Can't recall if its in this forums op, but I personally used and prefer the Linux method of creating the sdcard. If its not here, go to the thread in the development section in T-Mobiles S3 forums. Its stickied at the top so you can't miss it. It has instructions for using both windows and a Linux LiveCD. Just don't use any Debrick.imgs from there.

As for the card itself, I hope things have gotten better about it, but in the past, faked sdcards have come from places like Walmart, best buy, radio shack, etc. The only way to truly know before buying is to make sure they are an authorized retailer. This means they buy direct from the manufacturer. Otherwise there could be multiple parties between the two which is where the problems occur. If you want to know more about it, there's tons of info and advice all over the net about this stuff. There are tools you can use to determine yours is the real deal, or a cheap knock off too. I can't remember what they are or what you have to look for when using them, but the info is out there.

The SD card is good. I used Mini Tool Partition Wizard to verify that files were being transferred between my computer and the sd card.
Is this method verified to work if you flash an International rom onto a US device ?

jabbaravila

Sep 4, 2014
I'm running low on options. I've tried 7 different debrick.img's with no luck.

Is there a link to numerous debrick imgaes for my issuse?

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
The SD card is good. I used Mini Tool Partition Wizard to verify that files were being transferred between my computer and the sd card.
Is this method verified to work if you flash an International rom onto a US device ?

Yes its worked for this situation before. Maybe try creating it using Linux. Could also be that SD card just isn't going to work. There's no way to tell which ones will or won't. I've seen high quality class 10 cards fail where a generic class 4 worked. That's not usually the case but it does happen.
How many times are you trying with each image? Just use a known good one from the OP. Back when I did this I probably ended up with close to 15 attempts before it finally worked for me.

pickledenthusiasm

Feb 1, 2015
Unfortunately the same fate has befallen me! I have an SGH-I747U, and I used the CWM Bootloader to flash the Android Revolution version that's meant for i9300.

Did you ever get this working? Tried last night with an 8 GB SD card because it was all I had, but I'm going to get a 16 GB one today. Trying to use the debrick-SGH-I747U-CUEMJB3.img debrick image and I747UCUEMJB_2024954_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.rar stock ROM.

Is this the way to go? Any advice is really appreciated!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The debrick sdcard process should work fine for you then.