Need Hotspot? Look no further.

Search This thread

kmarht

Jun 20, 2008
I just tried it and it did take me to the Verizon hotspot sign up. Unless there's another way to use it you're not gonna' tether for free with this.
It's an easy way to turn your paid-for hotspot on though.

Works perfect for me, are you sure you're using the widget installed from the market place to activate?

Dugall12

Dec 3, 2009
At first i couldn't get it to work. Tether would activate then shut down, a simple restart seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks for sharing this, I'm a gap happy camper.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

cbdudek

Sep 10, 2010
This method has been used on the GS3 as well so whoever gave that advice. TY

However, All you need to do is go to settings -> more settings -> mobile hotspot and set up your SSID and password. Afterwards, head the the play store and search https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=bohlool.net.toogleHotspot&hl=en and install. Go to your widgets and place it somewhere on your homescreen and tap for instant success. Thanks!

P.S - Root not required

I used this and it works ok. I had some issues with the connection being ok but I couldn't connect to the internet on my hotspot devices, yet the phone would still work fine.. I still prefer rooting and using the hotspot that way. It works much better.

nadcicle

Mar 30, 2008
Nashville, TN
I used this and it works ok. I had some issues with the connection being ok but I couldn't connect to the internet on my hotspot devices, yet the phone would still work fine.. I still prefer rooting and using the hotspot that way. It works much better.

Yah this was more to just hold us over until rooting and unlocking became possible. I would agree and recommend going the way of a new Rom by now. Although, this does still work for a lot of people.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

ProfEngr

Aug 25, 2009
The included hotspot on cleanrom would throw the same errors as open garden & barnacle. This seems to work with the caveat that 4g keeps dropping repeatedly. Rebooting to see if that helps.

Edit: that seems to have worked. :thumbup:

Sent from my rooted, unlocked (screw you VZW) SGN2

Last edited:

ProfEngr

Aug 25, 2009
Spoke too soon. 4G went flaky again. Oh well, could be this area too.

Looks like I'm stuck on my Tbolt tether for now.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using one opposable thumb.

Last edited:

mi7chy

Oct 26, 2008
Been there, done that. Wifi Tether TrevE Mod is the only stable solution. Widget plus built-in hotspot is flaky, a waste of time and will intermittently drop LTE.

Reactions: Old MuckenMire

Old MuckenMire

Feb 9, 2010
Been there, done that. Wifi Tether TrevE Mod is the only stable solution. Widget plus built-in hotspot is flaky, a waste of time and will intermittently drop LTE.

I use widget plus built in all the time and rarely have an issue. Drops maybe once or twice a week. Certainly not a waste of my time.

spy9000

Dec 19, 2012
o.o Thanks for the info. I prefer the tether that's built into PAC-Man's Rom.

Last edited:

eXiled Killah

Jul 26, 2011
Can anyone confirm whether the latest VZW update broke(fixed) this? I'm still on an unlimited plan and don't want to loose the ability to tether. (not rooted)

Mejud

Apr 21, 2012
What I should have added is that yes it does work if you are rooted and on 4.3 rom but it DOES NOT work if you took the OTA update and you are not rooted.
LOL, I can confirm that. When one of you pointy-headed types works all this out..a cash reward will ensue!:good:

(until then, if an emergency pops up, and I HAVE to have the wifi tether....I guess I can to to Verizon's web site..turn off the Note, and turn my bionic back on)

miked0602

Mar 10, 2012
Chicago
LOL, I can confirm that. When one of you pointy-headed types works all this out..a cash reward will ensue!:good:

(until then, if an emergency pops up, and I HAVE to have the wifi tether....I guess I can to to Verizon's web site..turn off the Note, and turn my bionic back on)

just wait guys in the meantime use your USB tether with pdanet plus foxfi

Top Liked Posts