[RECOVERY/ROOT] (final version) INSTALLER for CWM / CWMTouch / TWRP / STOCK Recovery

Search This thread

Janine Belle

Jan 5, 2013
Hi, I tried it several times (TWRP, CWM, stock recovery and again CWM/TWRP on it) but it didn't work.
Everything in the installation seems to go perfectly, but it always stayed being the stock recovery.
(I also tried other methods, none of them worked)
Edit: Bootloader is unlocked, USB debugging enabled, JB 4.1.2

I need the CWM/TWRP for my root.
xoxo

Last edited:
Follow this post

Hi, I tried it several times (TWRP, CWM, stock recovery and again CWM/TWRP on it) but it didn't work.
Everything in the installation seems to go perfectly, but it always stayed being the stock recovery.
(I also tried other methods, none of them worked)
Edit: Bootloader is unlocked, USB debugging enabled, JB 4.1.2

I need the CWM/TWRP for my root.
xoxo

Follow this post, I made ​​some months and just upgraded.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2166646

I hope you serve, greetings and good luck :fingers-crossed:

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
I was trying to build PhilZ Touch CWM mod for this device
However, I found no complete build-able device tree. I tried a few, with prebuilt kernel and kernel source, all fail with different errors

If anyone is interested, please link me to a device tree that can build recovery under cm-10.1, ideally with a prebuilt kernel for recovery
I can then provide either the recovery.img or the ramdisk so that you can mod it like you want once recovery bin is compiled

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
I was trying to build PhilZ Touch CWM mod for this device
However, I found no complete build-able device tree. I tried a few, with prebuilt kernel and kernel source, all fail with different errors

If anyone is interested, please link me to a device tree that can build recovery under cm-10.1, ideally with a prebuilt kernel for recovery
I can then provide either the recovery.img or the ramdisk so that you can mod it like you want once recovery bin is compiled

You need some patches for building a recovery in the cm10.1 source tree. On my github i have all the patches you need to build a x86 recovery for razri

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
You need some patches for building a recovery in the cm10.1 source tree. On my github i have all the patches you need to build a x86 recovery for razri

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app

I downloaded both smi and smi-plus device tree
Used kernel from github.com/oxavelar

But some errors there
Do I need the default.xml?

I am not used to use alternative xml templates in repos

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
I downloaded both smi and smi-plus device tree
Used kernel from github.com/oxavelar

But some errors there
Do I need the default.xml?

I am not used to use alternative xml templates in repos

Was a fault on my end. The patch was not working correctly. I have updated the device tree.

The alternative xml isnt needed (only for full rom building and sticking smi and smi-plus in the repo).
Just download CM10.1 and the smi repository (place it in: device/motorola/smi).
Apply the patches in the 'patch' folder
Start building the recovery

Hazou

p.s. if u encounter another error, pls post the error along with the post on the forum. It helps with identifying the cause of the problem ;)

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Was a fault on my end. The patch was not working correctly. I have updated the device tree.

The alternative xml isnt needed (only for full rom building and sticking smi and smi-plus in the repo).
Just download CM10.1 and the smi repository (place it in: device/motorola/smi).
Apply the patches in the 'patch' folder
Start building the recovery

Hazou

p.s. if u encounter another error, pls post the error along with the post on the forum. It helps with identifying the cause of the problem ;)

Thank you a lot (out of my daily :good:)
I will try again
If I apply the patches, will it mess building my other devices?

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
Thank you a lot (out of my daily :good:)
I will try again
If I apply the patches, will it mess building my other devices?

Yep, it will mess up building for other devices. There is a huge change u will get errors when building for arm devices after using the patches.

In the near future i will make those patches working for getting x86 and arm building in the same repo. But now it is all a little expeimental for x86, so i didnt want to use my time to let them work next to arm code.

I hope u dont mind. Just save the changes as always on a save place and delete the bionic, build, dalvik, busybox, system and the recovery directory's. and resynchronise your repo.

Hazou

Reactions: Phil3759

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Yep, it will mess up building for other devices. There is a huge change u will get errors when building for arm devices after using the patches.

In the near future i will make those patches working for getting x86 and arm building in the same repo. But now it is all a little expeimental for x86, so i didnt want to use my time to let them work next to arm code.

I hope u dont mind. Just save the changes as always on a save place and delete the bionic, build, dalvik, busybox, system and the recovery directory's. and resynchronise your repo.

Hazou

Ah, I see
Will wait when I have more time
Thank you
Could add an unpatch.sh script...

Last edited:

stonegroover

Aug 9, 2011
Midlands
I tried all options and nothing worked, so I thought I'd try it the old fashioned way and it worked first time, just using:

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot devices (to check connection)
fastboot flash recovery cwm.img

Open the folder that you have extracted, while holding shift key right click mouse, select 'open command window' and then type the above and all should be fine.

Well, it worked for me anyway. Strange, because v1.4 worked for me with two other RAZRi earlier this year, just this third one I had a problem with.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (final version : discontinued) ... I have another device and I'll not develop new version of this tool.

Hi RAZRi owners,
    With this tool, you can choice the Recovery that you wish to install : CWM, CWM Touch, TWRP or restore to Stock Recovery !!! Since version 2.0, those recovery tools are fully compatible with JellyBean and KitKat. And since version 2.2 you can root your device with this tool !
    Version 2.2 is the final version.

lcrUd.png

DY9mH.png

Recommandation :
    You have to install Motorola drivers for your RAZRi on your computer (https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/88481) and please be sure having an unlocked and rooted device and do not forget to enable "USB Debug" function.

Download link :
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ewxr6215vn68ysi/0f66UBI8bm

ChangeLog :
    Version 2.2 (final version : discontinued) ... I have another device and I'll not develop new version of this tool.
    Update TWRP to version 2.8.5.0
    Update CWM to version 6.0.5.1.4
    Add a function to Root your device with TwerkMyMoto (Thanks to @VTNC)
    Version 2.1
    Update TWRP to version 2.8.4.1
    Version 2.0
    Fully compatible with kitkat
    Update TWRP to version 2.8.4.0
    Update CWM to version 6.0.5.1.3​
    Version 1.9
    Update TWRP to version 2.8.1.0​
    Version 1.8
    Update TWRP to version 2.8.0.1​
    Version 1.7
    Update TWRP to version 2.6.3​
    Version 1.6
    Update adb.exe, fastboot.exe, AdbWinApi.dll and AdbWinUsbApi.dll from latest official Android SKD adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030
    Change color of the text​
    Version 1.5
    Add CWM Touch 6.0.1.9
    Update CWM to version 6.0.3.6
    Update TWRP to version 2.6.1.1
    Some minor bug fixes
    Add option to make a donation if you wish :)
    Version 1.4
    Fix from @HSD-Pilot added to the package to solve CWM install issue​
    Version 1.3
    First public version​
    New version 1.7 is online !!! (Update TWRP to version 2.6.3)
    New version uploaded (1.6). Go to first post...

New CWM version will also be out soon ;). Is now in testing on my device.

Edit:

New version online ;) need some testers
    (final version : discontinued) ... I have another device (Samsung S4 mini) and I'll not develop new version of this tool.