[Boot Animation] S4-BIOS Kit with PSD files (Flashable AOSP and TW versions)

Search This thread

polish_pat

Nov 30, 2011
Montreal
anybody with any issues setting up a boot animation and have a custom recovery you can flash the "enable file" listed below (also keep disable in case anything goes wrong) and use OP instruction co put boot animation in media folder and then it will work. No need to fiddle with .ZIP or .QMG, it just simply works. If anybody needs a full guide, i'll be glad to write one

please visit this post for more info: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31833122&postcount=4

Last edited:

l337m45732

Apr 19, 2010
I flashed the enable zip and placed the boot animation in the media folder. It doesn't work for me, could you post a full guide?

=========edit=========
Boy, done feel dumb.... I had my boot animation disabled via Android tweaker for faster boot. It looks amazing running on my jflteatt. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium

Last edited:

Te3k

May 18, 2013
Working on i337M jfltecan (Canadian/Rogers S4) running LiquidSmooth on KToonz' AOSP kernel! Thanks!

Seanbest

Dec 31, 2010
Front Royal, VA
Installed fine the old fashioned way. Love this. Used to have a similar one on my Captivate and SGS2.

Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Bjray

Mar 11, 2011
Texas
Bjray,

First I'd like to say thank you! I love bios bootanimations and this is the one I use with every ROM. However I am now using CM 10.2 and as you know that Android 4.3. Would mind maybe releasing one for 4.3?

Designing one for Android 4.3 and the i9500. Should be out soon with better animation quality and speed.
I'm currently having problems with my RAM and Photoshop doesn't like that lol. Looks like I'm gonna have to do a RMA and have some downtime... :(

Last edited:

zeyoner

Mar 7, 2008
New York
Designing one for Android 4.3 and the i9500. Should be out soon with better animation quality and speed.
I'm currently having problems with my RAM and Photoshop doesn't like that lol. Looks like I'm gonna have to do a RMA and have some downtime... :(

Sweet! Thanks dude I really like the bootanimation and I'm happy to hear your creating an updated version :victory:

SagyR

Jan 9, 2013
Bet Dagan
Just created this Android BIOS (modified for the S4) 1080x1920 bootanimation and thought I'd share it.

AOSP install procedure: Place in "system/media" via a root browser and set the correct permissions.
TouchWiz install procedure: Flash ZIP in recovery

Hi mate,
I Hope you don't mind but i took your AOSP install and put in a flash-able zip so now all stock base ROM with root can easily flash it via recovery.
i have tested on my phone (i am currently using the latest Omega v14.1 Rom) and it is working perfect.
*** just a reminder you still need to run an enable bootanimation before installation for it to work. ***

if you do mind please let me know and i will delete the post.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Bios_Boot_S4_working.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 123

zeyoner

Mar 7, 2008
New York

Bjray,

Ok I'm sure that RAM has already been RMA. How about that updated version? :p

Also will it be in qmg format?

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
Can we get the 4.3 version please sire?

Samsung Galaxy SIV
Graviton Rom
Ktoonsez 11/14 Kernel

Bjray

Mar 11, 2011
Texas
Can we get the 4.3 version please sire?

Samsung Galaxy SIV
Graviton Rom
Ktoonsez 11/14 Kernel

I've been thinking, with so many versions coming out and the stock TW users still on 4.3, I might just release the PSD files so that anyone can update / modify the boot animations and post it here. I'll just update the OP and give due credit for that version.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
If you want to use this on GPE, flash the TW one in recovery.

OP, I think this is awesome. Any way to slow it down just a tad? I can't take it all in because each screen switches really fast.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gzreza

Nov 20, 2013
Chittagong , Bangladesh
excellent job

i was looking all over the internet for this kind of post , & finally i found it . thnx a lot bro :good: :good: :good: :good: the best thing is u made it psd file . bt bro ! sorry to say but will u plz help me how save the psd after completing editing & how to make it animated . sorry for stupid que , bt i'll be glad if u halp :) :) :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just created this Android BIOS (modified for the S4) 1080x1920 bootanimation and thought I'd share it.

s4bios.gif

(Revised GIF and TW version by Tylorw1)

Full quality stills:

JMz2V3Bl.png

fYa3h1Bl.png

MiCttdal.png

Download: AOSP | TouchWiz

AOSP install procedure: Place in "system/media" via a root browser and set the correct permissions.
    TouchWiz install procedure: Flash ZIP in recovery

Download PSD Kit | Use this to create different android versions and create your own custom versions as well!
    Bjray,

First I'd like to say thank you! I love bios bootanimations and this is the one I use with every ROM. However I am now using CM 10.2 and as you know that Android 4.3. Would mind maybe releasing one for 4.3?

its a no go here, att s4 running shostock

awesome thanks
    But notnworking with ktoonsez kernel

Running ktoonesz kernel and will NOT work.

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy S 4

im on stock is there a way to just flash a kernal in stead of a rom so i can change my boot animation?
    if so where can i get one for GS4 SGH-M919 MDL (t-mobile)??
    i just dont want to go thru all that rom flashing jazz. BTW i already took out the carrier boot logo and changed the sound ;)

:silly:

Guys, this is a .ZIP bootanimation. You must confirm if your kernel uses: .ZIP or .QMG bootanimations. Stock TouchWiz and TouchWiz BASED Kernels do NOT support .ZIP bootanimations.

If you're using ktoonsez kernels make sure it's the AOSP (only if you're using a AOSP based ROM obviously) version. I'm running "KT-SGS4 AOSP 7-11-2013" myself and it works fine.

Hope this help's in understanding why it won't work for some of you :) I might start making .QMG bootanimations also if I can get the hang of Samsung Theme Designer
    anybody with any issues setting up a boot animation and have a custom recovery you can flash the "enable file" listed below (also keep disable in case anything goes wrong) and use OP instruction co put boot animation in media folder and then it will work. No need to fiddle with .ZIP or .QMG, it just simply works. If anybody needs a full guide, i'll be glad to write one

please visit this post for more info: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31833122&postcount=4
    [REQ] Android 4.3

Bjray,