[Q] S-Off without HTCDev?

Search This thread

GigabitEthernet

Oct 20, 2013
Hi,

I'm really confused.

I'm looking to get S-Off. Is it possible to do so without HTCDev's bootloader unlock, on the HTC One (M8) international GSM model?

Thanks!

sjeffrey

Aug 12, 2008
Hi,

I'm really confused.

I'm looking to get S-Off. Is it possible to do so without HTCDev's bootloader unlock, on the HTC One (M8) international GSM model?

Thanks!

I believe you might be able to do it with weaksauce and firewater or the temproot method. I haven't tried it myself so can't confirm.
Also note that the s-off from firewater doesn't work for all m8 devices right now.

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Hi,

I'm really confused.

Thanks!

quote from website

Your device must be HTCDEV unlocked/rooted or have a working temproot. A temproot that works with many modern (not all) HTC devices is provided below.

marcoxx626

Jun 4, 2013
Orlando
I tried this and it says I'm out of luck and it won't work on my device...guess I'm one of the unlucky ones ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

dying4004

Oct 15, 2009
I tried this and it says I'm out of luck and it won't work on my device...guess I'm one of the unlucky ones ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

i had the same issue as well. don't know how to find out exactly which model works and which model doesnt.

i am from australia and some other aussie guys got their ones s-off'd.

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
I think in general thread or so there is also a method and zips to temproot don't know if it's the same like for Firewater temproot but someone could try :p getting my m8 next week -.-

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk