EA Games

Search This thread

Archangel013

Aug 17, 2011
Sorry if this has been posted before, I did a search, but couldn't find anything...

I bought a few of the EA games back when the market had a sale, and I've gotten Shadowgun and Dead Space to work on the 03/22 nightly with Rohan's super mod pack (build.prop is spoofed as a Galaxy S II, I think), but the Play store keeps telling me that my device is incompatible with Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. I can find it on the store, view the page and all, but it keeps saying "Your device is incompatible with this version." It's available on a legit Galaxy S II, so I'm wondering if this incompatibility is due to the build.prop missing some other entry or if it's just the market being silly. Any help is appreciated.

nolimit06

Oct 30, 2011
North Carolina
Very surprised you got Dead Space working, I have not been able to get a single EA Game to work on my TP. I get 5002 errors and I have even tried to side load the SD data with no luck...

Archangel013

Aug 17, 2011
Very surprised you got Dead Space working, I have not been able to get a single EA Game to work on my TP. I get 5002 errors and I have even tried to side load the SD data with no luck...

I just ended up side loading the SD data from a friend's tablet, it worked fine. I did have to change the Chainfire plugin to nVidia before it would run though. On PowerVR, the entire screen went white.

NapalmDawn

Sep 3, 2010
Raleigh
Perfect thread. I was about to ask what device name should be used in build prop to allow Dead Space to run. I had it running briefly on my Nook Color but went back to a standard build prop. Does anybody have the line handy in build prop with a device name that I could try? (Like a Galaxy or what not)

Archangel013

Aug 17, 2011
Perfect thread. I was about to ask what device name should be used in build prop to allow Dead Space to run. I had it running briefly on my Nook Color but went back to a standard build prop. Does anybody have the line handy in build prop with a device name that I could try? (Like a Galaxy or what not)

The model I'm using is the SGH-t989, the TMobile Galaxy S II. If you boot into recovery and flash this mod (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1519161), it should give you a working build.prop. Sorry I don't have the actual lines handy, but I got mine from the mod.

The model I'm using is the SGH-t989, the TMobile Galaxy S II. If you boot into recovery and flash this mod (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1519161), it should give you a working build.prop. Sorry I don't have the actual lines handy, but I got mine from the mod.

I got Dead Space working using the Modpack from the link above and then installing Chainfire3D Pro setting the Per-App feature with the NVIDIA plugin. Graphics are mind blowing on my TP!

It was money well spent for the App.

Just where do I get the nVidia plugin....just how do I properly install it on Chainfire3d?

Plugins are here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1443794

I highly recommend installing the pro version of Chainfire3D and using the Per-App feature for each game and plugin.

Installing: After downloading the plugins to your directory, run the app and select install plugins/shaders. The app will run a tedious search for the zip files and present you with the results, then just select the plugins you want installed.

After the plugins are installed I suggest you reboot then run the game.

Best,

Archangel013

Aug 17, 2011
Going back to the original question, anyone know why NFS:HP isn't working on the Touchpad? Spoofed as a GS2, running ICS nightly 03/22 and Rohan's Supermod pack.

Infinite Jest

Mar 26, 2012
Rockville
To those who have successfully installed dead space; do you notice hitching, especially when moving laterally with the graphics? Its not game breaking but it definitely isn't smooth when I have played it

Sent from my HP TouchPad using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Archangel013

Aug 17, 2011
To those who have successfully installed dead space; do you notice hitching, especially when moving laterally with the graphics? Its not game breaking but it definitely isn't smooth when I have played it

Sent from my HP TouchPad using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

It's working fine for me. I haven't had much time to play lately, but as of chapter 3, there's been no graphical artifacts using the nVidia plugin.

Bumping the NFS:HP issue though. No one has any sliver of an idea? I'd really hate to have bought it for nothing.

It's working fine for me. I haven't had much time to play lately, but as of chapter 3, there's been no graphical artifacts using the nVidia plugin.

Bumping the NFS:HP issue though. No one has any sliver of an idea? I'd really hate to have bought it for nothing.

Dead Space works great for me, I guess I don't know what you mean by "hitching".
As for NFS, I have NFS: Shift and not Hot Pursuit.. I was able to get Shift working with the NVIDIA plugin using Chainfire, the game starts out good with menus, setting, options what not but when it comes to race time the accelerometer on the Touchpad seems to only work correctly while holding the Touchpad in a portrait position all the while the game continues to play out in landscape mode. Gets rough on your neck after a few laps..hehe

As for getting the APK and data onto your Touchpad requires a little extra work on your part.

I used "Bluetooth File transfer" (free in the market) to get the NFS apk sent from my LG G2x over to my Touchpad.
I installed BTFT onto both the devices so as to avoid issues with transfering.
From my G2x:
1) Using BTFT, Menu >More >Send Applications >select NFS > Send
2) Find your Touchpad on the list of BT Devices that comes up - if none then Menu >Search Devices (Make sure your TP is discoverable first)

Once the APK is sent over to your TP you can install it. I think the Default file transfer directorythat BTFT uses is "/SDCard".

Next you will need to send over the Data Files from the Game. The location is Android>Data>
Find the folder that looks something like "com.eamobile.nfs_hotpursuit" OR simular for NFS Shift it was "com.eamobile.nfsshift_na_wf".
Copy the complete folder to the same directory on your Touchpad.
If you don't have the folder in that directory on your phone then you have yet to download the data needed to run the game.
DO That first then go back and follow the steps.

Sound confusing enough? Good coz I'm just as lost! hehe..
G'luck

Last edited:

Archangel013

Aug 17, 2011
Haven't had a chance to side load it yet, but I'm bumping to see if anyone has any idea as to why the Play store won't let a Galaxy S II download NFS.

inrimartyr

Mar 8, 2011
You can always just download it via touchpad and side load to phone if phone isn't compatible.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Archangel013

Aug 17, 2011
You can always just download it via touchpad and side load to phone if phone isn't compatible.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

The phone is compatible, but I'm using a Touchpad that's spoofed as a GS2 in the build.prop. Which is why I'm confused the Play store won't let me download it on to my Touchpad.