[Q] what are the weakness of 4.1+ roms

Search This thread

oduhart

Aug 11, 2010
Lille
Hello,

I have a arc s (lt18i) currently running ICS 4.0 (ultimate HD). I am considering switching to a 4.1+ but I have questions about what I am going to lose.
I read some disadvantages of 4.1+ roms, and I want to have precisions/informations about that :
  1. HDMI is not possible with these ROMs. What is the exact cause of that ?
  2. HD video recording (720p) seems not to be possible. Is that true ? it would be a great incovenience for me
  3. Does the overall camera quality is the same as with ICS roms ?

thanks on advance for your answers.

Olivier

Attitude.SSJ

Oct 21, 2012
Mangalore
Hello,

I have a arc s (lt18i) currently running ICS 4.0 (ultimate HD). I am considering switching to a 4.1+ but I have questions about what I am going to lose.
I read some disadvantages of 4.1+ roms, and I want to have precisions/informations about that :
  2. HD video recording (720p) seems not to be possible. Is that true ? it would be a great incovenience for me

Olivier

1) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1989501
2) there's some development going on regarding 720p... You may see it soon enough...
3) overall camera quality isn't as good as ics

Sent from my MT11i using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: oduhart

xkifah

Aug 5, 2013
Homs
another thing you'll miss is sony dialer app ,, and ICS sony camera is better than cm camera but on the other hand cm10 based roms are way faster and lighter and smoother than ics as for multitasking and games << if you were going to upgrade to 4.1 I suggest that u try super jelly bean rom :)

oduhart

Aug 11, 2010
Lille
Thanks for your answer i was actually looking at SJB. How is exactly better the sony camera compared to the CM one.

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

xkifah

Aug 5, 2013
Homs
Thanks for your answer i was actually looking at SJB. How is exactly better the sony camera compared to the CM one.

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app

most cm roms won't let u record 720p and for normal photos I don't know but photos taken with Sony camera just feels better than those taken with Google camera :eek:but there's a plenty of alternative camera apps on the market and some of them have really nice features ;) in the end i guess that the goods surpass the bads so why don't u try it yourself as it wont do u any bad and see the difference yourself :D

ibrhmozn

Mar 30, 2013
Siirt
4.1 most cm roms fastest than others but my think gaming better than others, for usual use its bad to using bro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Olivier

1) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1989501
    2) there's some development going on regarding 720p... You may see it soon enough...
    3) overall camera quality isn't as good as ics

Sent from my MT11i using Tapatalk 2