Xfinity live streaming channels on the fire tv

Search This thread

rj2764

Feb 3, 2015
That is correct

You got some other problems. Im using the new version and it is running perfectly!

Might of fact you do not even need the remote app really, but its harder to navigate. You have to count your clicks to know where the curser is at but it does work with the fire tv remote

I downloaded the apk from Google Play and I couldn't get live tv to play. The video just buffers over and over and over. AS a matter of fact I tried the direct tv app as well and that does the same thing just buffers. The one I have is Xfinity TV go 2.2.0.004 what version do you have working? this one requires I am on wifi. By the way I am not rooted

thanks

rj2764

Feb 3, 2015
I downloaded the apk from Google Play and I couldn't get live tv to play. The video just buffers over and over and over. AS a matter of fact I tried the direct tv app as well and that does the same thing just buffers. The one I have is Xfinity TV go 2.2.0.004 what version do you have working? this one requires I am on wifi. By the way I am not rooted

thanks

I just downloaded XFINITY TV Go 2.4.2.002 apk and it works great on Ethernet and WIFI! Glad I found this tread

vipercoyote

Apr 2, 2013

thanks

I just downloaded XFINITY TV Go 2.4.2.002 apk and it works great on Ethernet and WIFI! Glad I found this tread

Here is the APK i used which is the sameone you used to get it working

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcrttcbp9zesxzq/XFINITYTVGo.apk?dl=0

Last edited:

devGOD

Apr 6, 2006
has anyone got this to run on the fireTV stick? I'm able to login using a bluetooth keyboard but can play anything

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
Any folks out there have x1 cloud???

I have had great success in watching live channels and recordings by miracasting my tablet or phone to the firetv stick. You can have up to 5 simultaneous devices streaming to your main box.

I wish I had more firetv sticks because I could essentially get rid of all 3 of my x1 access boxes!

Also when traveling I can miracast my phone to my firetv stick and watch ANY of my dvr cloud recordings! which is super cool! Plus theres all the on demand content right there in the same app.

Anyone sideloaded this directly? I'd hate to travel with a full size keyboard though.

And also, which I think is strange, For nearly 2 years all we have been told is that x1 cloud is just cloud storage for your dvr and that you can only access these recordings in home. and that basically its only good for people who travel without unlimited data because they can check the recording out and download to their phone or tablet. but i cannot be viewed anywhere else if its checked out. not sure if u can delete from tablet and recover on box?

anyway one day out of nowhere, didnt have to accept terms and conditions anywhere, I started seeing little house logos on my recordings saying they were available in home only. then i downloaded xfinity TV to my phone (not tv go) and it worked!!

Then it got even better when I ran the app from a hotel just to schedule a few things, and out of nowhere a recording on my dvr just started playing! lol. right when i was gonna buy a slingbox too. life is good!

so ya, TLDR you may want to buy a few firetvs or sticks if you can sideload the Xfinity TV (NOT TV GO) app and get rid of all of your access boxes!!! could save up to $400-$600/yr!

Panic84

Jan 24, 2015
You can see the resolution switching as it detects speed (low to better to HD like Netflix). No quality issues for me. Nice clear HD.

You dont notice the frame issue? Its very noticeable during sports streamings in my case. I use the XFINITY TV Go 2.4.2.002

Last edited:

sgamby1

Mar 10, 2015
Have it working with new X1 app

I succesfully sideloaded the X1 app (Xfinifty TV). I have it live streaming, the problem is, once it goes to channel 3, I can't control with remote or fire tv iphone app. Any suggestions on how to navigate or is there a remote app I can sideload on the fire tv that will also be able to be downloaded on my iphone?

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

sideloaded the settings.apk and then connected my Mac bluetooth mouse to it. I can navigate through the live channels with the mouse and play my dvr'd material, as well as on demand.

Reactions: jfriend33

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
I succesfully sideloaded the X1 app (Xfinifty TV). I have it live streaming, the problem is, once it goes to channel 3, I can't control with remote or fire tv iphone app. Any suggestions on how to navigate or is there a remote app I can sideload on the fire tv that will also be able to be downloaded on my iphone?

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

sideloaded the settings.apk and then connected my Mac bluetooth mouse to it. I can navigate through the live channels with the mouse and play my dvr'd material, as well as on demand.
Very very cool! I think it's awesome that a $20-$40 stick can basically save $120 per year! Bye bye 4 x1 access boxes!

Did you know u can have 5 devices streaming at once? Not including actual cable boxes!

The Best scenario I can see with this is using this out of home. All that on demand and basically just record whatever and watch right away!

Sent from my LG-VS985 adorned w/ Illusion ROM :)

lafester

Feb 11, 2007
The quality really isn't good enough IMHO. Better off getting a hd homerun and streaming off that.

SuperBilleN

Aug 14, 2008
Thnx for the app. I am listed outside the US and were not able to download it from the playstore. Now my AFTV is almost perfect.
I am still missing the newest version of the directv app.
Could any one help med out so I can sideload it also.

Thnx all

Sent from my XT1254 using XDA Free mobile app

gary798

Mar 15, 2015
my experience

I get video buffering while watching sports on my Xfinity TV Go app running on an Amazon fire stick. I was going to try the fire and use direct ethernet cable from router to see if that would eliminate buffering. Has anyone found success with this?

Candurin

Sep 21, 2007

Just to add to this:

I was struggling with this as I just purchased the firetv stick and I have an iPhone.

After sideloading the Xfinity TV app and settings.apk., this now works perfectly for me: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BX0YKX4 (alternate: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BALK9CM)

if you hold down the right mouse stick and use the trackpad, it scrolls just like the native android app is supposed to.

Yes, it's a $20 solution, but the keyboard has many uses. If there is ONE caveat, the trackpad area is small, so it can take multiple swipes to navigate the guide.

I don't notice a terrible degradation in video quality. Sure, it's not as good as the real HD box we have in our living room, but certainly good enough (really good) quality for a spare room.

Jedis

Nov 13, 2006
Does anyone have issues with the audio not matching the lips of people on the screen? Sideloaded Xfinity on my Fire TV stick and it works great, other than the audio issue. Tried with my home theater turned on and off.

It also seems to occasionally skip a few scenes, like it's lagging behind.

ecs132

May 13, 2016
Activation of Xfinity TV app on Fire TV (not Xfinity TV Go) Help

Hello, I see several of you have been talking about the Xfinity TV app (not TV GO) and having it work on your Fire TV but when I try to get it to work (after sideloading) I get the Start up screen then click on start and it gives me an error message stating the following link cannot be opened on the Fire TV and to open it in a browser on another device...it seems like it should be an activation site/string and when I type it in on my computer (chrome, firefox, or IE) it brings up the Xfinity log in screen but when I input my log in information and hit submit it just spins for a second then does not do anything. Just stops. Any thoughts? Anyone successfully activate X1 TV app on their FireTV? (newest version of Fire TV and Xfinity TV and tried an older version of Xfinity TV app also). Thank you.

jremmel

May 28, 2016
You have to sideload a browser app on your firetv like chrome, then it will open in that.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts