Unofficial OmniROM 4.4.2

Search This thread

waleedezz

Jan 20, 2015
You may not be able to flash on tf101g without opening the zip and either taking the assert lines out at the top or changing all tf101 references to tf101g and rezipping it. It was built for tf101 only.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium HD app

ohh what a bummer, i thought it support my model, i am not sure if i can do any of what u said. i didnt notice references to tf101

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

i only ve seen two references, one file called (TF101-DOCK_0213.rom) & (TF101G-DOCK_0213.rom)

Last edited:

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS
ohh what a bummer, i thought it support my model, i am not sure if i can do any of what u said. i didnt notice references to tf101

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

i only ve seen two references, one file called (TF101-DOCK_0213.rom) & (TF101G-DOCK_0213.rom)

You have to dig down and find the updater script

DJAJSlye

Jan 5, 2015
Android 5.1

I had KatKiss Lolipop installed on my tf101, but I enjoy your omnirom builds much more. I also used your bigwheelie bash script and installed the stock google apps (all of them). Please keep us updated on your progress.

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS
Is there any kind of status on your Unofficial Omnirom Lolipop version.

I was working on trying to get a newer kernel building and booting with our drivers to support a proper build of lollipop with selinux enabled. Haven't had much luck yet. I took a little vacation from everything for a bit. I'll look at it again, fresh, in a few days. We need proper selinux support in the kernel and file system labeling to support lollipop as it was intended.

DJAJSlye

Jan 5, 2015
I was working on trying to get a newer kernel building and booting with our drivers to support a proper build of lollipop with selinux enabled. Haven't had much luck yet. I took a little vacation from everything for a bit. I'll look at it again, fresh, in a few days. We need proper selinux support in the kernel and file system labeling to support lollipop as it was intended.

Thank you for the update.
One question though, does this mean that KatKiss Lollipop 5.1.1 r1 is using a kernel that doesn't support proper selinux, and file system labeling like lollipop was intended?

Last edited:

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS
Thank you for the update.
One question though, does this mean that KatKiss Lollipop 5.1.1 r1 is using a kernel that doesn't support proper selinux, and file system labeling like lollipop was intended?

Yes, last I checked. He has selinux disabled in kernel and has modified his Android source to disable selinux. It works, but isn't what Google intended. It isn't the direction I want to go since I'm not interested in creating anything too difficult to maintain for just one, old device.

DJAJSlye

Jan 5, 2015
Sounds like you have a great handle on things then. I also think that doing what is intended by google would be the right direction as well, for one thing I suppose it would be less work for you, and for another why would anyone wan't to give up such a great security feature like selinux?

PS. I noticed that your profile says your using your TWRP 2.8.1.1 unofficial release, but doesn't your bigweelie script install TWRP 2.8.1.4? Well, at least that's what my recovery is coming up as.

Last edited:

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS
Sounds like you have a great handle on things then. I also think that doing what is intended by google would be the right direction as well, for one thing I suppose it would be less work for you, and for another why would anyone wan't to give up such a great security feature like selinux?

PS. I noticed that your profile says your using your TWRP 2.8.1.1 unofficial release, but doesn't your bigweelie script install TWRP 2.8.1.4? Well, at least that's what my recovery is coming up as.

I may actually be using a newer build and back and forth, just haven't updated my signature in awhile. We need to go the same route as Omni, if we're ever to get official status. May be a lost cause, but I'm still shooting for it. Yes, it's about keeping the work to a minimum.

DJAJSlye

Jan 5, 2015
I may actually be using a newer build and back and forth, just haven't updated my signature in awhile. We need to go the same route as Omni, if we're ever to get official status. May be a lost cause, but I'm still shooting for it. Yes, it's about keeping the work to a minimum.

Any news for the 5.1 release?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created for Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting[/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to Unofficial OmniROM 4.4.2[/SIZE]

omnirom2.png

Unofficial OmniROM 4.4.2

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to "thank" the development thread OP, instead of posting "Thank you".

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP

Q Why a special Q&T Thread for a specific ROM??

A The bigger a ROM development thread gets, the greater the chance that posts are being placed in this thread that are not related to the ROM development itself, e.g. problems with flashing, installation, bugs, things not working etc. However this is understandable, it's not according to the guidelines of XDA for Development sections (see rule number 15 of posting in a Dev's thread). Therefore the main goals of the ROM specific Q&T threads is to avoid this cluttering of the original develpment thread with these OT posts by redirecting the posters to the ROM specific Q&T thread and also to relieve the developer from answering these post, so he can dedicate his time to developing.

Q Where can I download this ROM and How do I install?

A You can find the link to download and installation instructions HERE. Pay close attention to this post, everything required for a successful flash is listed right here. If you fail to follow the instructions or meet the requirements for installation, you could run into some problems.

Q What are the known issues with these ROM's?

A Nothing known yet

Q How’s battery life?

A I see this question asked repeatedly across all ROMS. Honestly there is no way to give you an answer based on a ROM. There are too many variables in question and results vary from user to user and device to device. Battery life is going to depend on age and condition of your battery, your use habits with your device, installed apps, tweaks, settings, etc...

Q How do I...

A Ask your questions and report your issues in this thread. You will receive a response and hopefully get you back up and running this ROM to it's fullest
    Problem solved in rather lucky way. Using new cable did not solve it, out of frustration, i just press the power button vol +- randomly and repeatedly, suddenly out of the blue it goes into TWRP screen! and I'm able to flash the rom. Indeed a nice rom. Thank you.
    Says Thanks and provide some feedbak

Good afternoon

I am an old programmer but really newbie on Android, I bought last summer the TF101 for 99$ brand new with keyboard, and was very happy with it, but now I realize that I was stuck with Jelly I discover this web site and Omnirom, last weekend I try to update following the procedure provide and I got and issue when I try to install the minigapps, (not enough memory) tablet install failed and tablets refuse to start loop on boot, I finally understand on to "format" and reinstall the Rom, and this time I use Microgapps, and the installation was completed successfully.

I use it since this time, no issue to install program and restore old application using Titanium, WIFI, Bluetooth, HDMI work perfectly, screen response is very smooth, management of the battery better than ever.

In resume I am not really a power user, but for me it is perfect, no issue at all

Awesome works to all team that have built this Rom Unofficial OmniROM 4.4.2_r2

Thanks, thanks thanks
    I just installed the 7/25 version of this ROM, and it works great everything is nice and smooth - until the tablet goes to sleep (either by time-out or manually by me), after a few seconds of being asleep it reboots. It will boot fully into the ROM and everything works, until it goes to sleep and the cycle starts again. If I just leave it alone it will just keep rebooting each time it goes to sleep after loading the ROM.
    My assumption is that the ROM is underclocked and it's a bit too low for my device, but I'm not finding a place to change those settings. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I installed SetCPU and used it to change the CPU settings. I've tried various low side settings and governors to no avail. After about 30 seconds of being asleep the tablet will reboot.
    Aside from GAPPs, I have no apps installed yet.

Try uninstalling SetCPU first and reboot. Then go to settings, about device, tab Build number 7 times to enable developer settings which will also enable performance settings. From there, try bumping the lower speed up. And, did you do a clean or dirty install? If dirty, try clean. Im using stock settings on low end, with high end at 1400, interactive, noop and not seeing this problem.