[Q] Unroot + downgrade P7500 3G concerns

Search This thread

ZerReaper

Sep 16, 2011
Hi, my P7500 3G is currently on a custom ROM running 4.4.2, and I would like to unroot it and downgrade back to 3.2 or 4.0.4 stock as I am planning to sell it off. But if I recall correctly, repartitioning was required when the jump to 4.2 was made. So how will this affect me if I am trying to downgrade it?

Thank in advance!

SystemDoctor

Apr 30, 2013
Manila
Just download the correct tar.md5 files from Sammobile and flash it using Odin then access stock recovery and perform a factory reset and reboot. You should be good to go, that's the way I downgrade my tab and I don't see any abnormalities.

ZerReaper

Sep 16, 2011
Just download the correct tar.md5 files from Sammobile and flash it using Odin then access stock recovery and perform a factory reset and reboot. You should be good to go, that's the way I downgrade my tab and I don't see any abnormalities.

As long as the stock rom and stock recovery files are correct, there should not be any issues? I will try to flash using ODIN for rom, previously tried to flash using cwm, but keep getting an error..

eushaun99

Feb 8, 2013
Subang Jaya
As long as the stock rom and stock recovery files are correct, there should not be any issues? I will try to flash using ODIN for rom, previously tried to flash using cwm, but keep getting an error..
Just that all your files will be in a "0" folder because of the sdcard changes in 4.2. You would have to manually move them out of the 0 folder. But since you're planning to sell it, you can just wipe your internal memory in recovery.

ZerReaper

Sep 16, 2011
Just that all your files will be in a "0" folder because of the sdcard changes in 4.2. You would have to manually move them out of the 0 folder. But since you're planning to sell it, you can just wipe your internal memory in recovery.

Okay, just wanna let you guys know that I have successfully flash back to stock using ODIN. The first time I did it, the device was stuck at the Samsung logo. I waited until about 45 minutes and decided to force restart and enter recovery to wipe data and cache. After which, the device was able to boot successfully into Android.

Thank you for all your help!