[MOD][TUTORIAL] Rotary Lock Screen w/ Music Controls for Sense

Search This thread

taylorhome11

May 6, 2011
I have completed all the steps to mod my own framework-res file. Everything compiles fine and installed. I still get the stock drag right to unlock. Not the rotary style. I opened the apk on my device to ensure the rotary xmls were actually added and they were. I have some the steps multiple times to ensure i did it correct with the same results. Any idea what to look for? Thanks

dhemke17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2010
Hey guys, is there any chance of porting this to the thunderbolt GB roms?? I am going to take a stab at it, but wanted to know if I have questions/need help if you guys think you could give me a hand...if not, its cool, but I am going to give this a try and see what I can do about implementing this in a TB rom.

godsmacked4653

Apr 25, 2010
Hey guys, is there any chance of porting this to the thunderbolt GB roms?? I am going to take a stab at it, but wanted to know if I have questions/need help if you guys think you could give me a hand...if not, its cool, but I am going to give this a try and see what I can do about implementing this in a TB rom.

You might want to try PMing some of the synergy guys. They've got an AOSP lock screen built into Sense.

SteveG12543

Recognized Contributor

Does CM support the TB? If they do, theres an option for rotary lock screen in CyanogenMOD settings.

Sent from my Droid Incredible running a random CM7 nightly.

dhemke17

Oct 16, 2010
Does CM support the TB? If they do, theres an option for rotary lock screen in CyanogenMOD settings.

It is supported, but I am trying just to implement this lockscreen instead of the tab lock screen in my rom, Gingerbean for a user request...I would love to learn how to do this, or at least try to see if its possible. I know that it needs to be implemented in android.policy.jar and that you have to modify framework-res...I have tweaked the framework and am working on the .jar file and am just curious if there is anywhere besides lock screen.smali that has to be tweaked in the jar file...

SteveG12543

Recognized Contributor
It is supported, but I am trying just to implement this lockscreen instead of the tab lock screen in my rom, Gingerbean for a user request...I would love to learn how to do this, or at least try to see if its possible. I know that it needs to be implemented in android.policy.jar and that you have to modify framework-res...I have tweaked the framework and am working on the .jar file and am just curious if there is anywhere besides lock screen.smali that has to be tweaked in the jar file...

Oh... Well, I know absolutely nothing about that lol. I hope someone else can chime in and help you out.

dhemke17

Oct 16, 2010
Oh... Well, I know absolutely nothing about that lol. I hope someone else can chime in and help you out.

Lol...thats fine...I've been working on this all day with absolutely no success....widget locker it is...until someone smarter than me hooks me up

spence341

Aug 16, 2010
Milford
I PM'd Virus, but I have the tab AOSP lock screen on my rom...I think thats all they had on their Infected rom for the TB.

The guy you need to track down is the thread op. His Skyraider rom had HTC, tab and rotary change on the fly built in. It was not ginger bread, but if anyone could point you in the right direction it is Ihtfp. You can find him here: http://teambamf.net/forum.php or on twitter @skyraider37.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rotarytitle.png

--==--​

As far as I know, this is the first time this has been accomplished on Sense framework for Froyo. I spent a considerable amount of time getting this to work, so I hope everyone likes it. I attempted to make this a MetaMorph theme so it would be easy to apply to any ROM, but I did not have any success. Thus, I will release this with links to framework for different ROMs.

Thanks goes to koush and cyanogen and everyone else that put code into CM6. I started with code from CM6 so it's only fair to show my gratitude for the great dev work they do for this community.​

WARNING: I am not responsible for any harm this may directly or indirectly do to your phone. It is always wise to do a backup before applying a mod of this magnitude.

NOTE: You must remove the HTC Lockscreen if you have not done so already. This can be done by running the code below. This mod may also undo some theming you may have done to your rom. After flashing this mod, DO NOT replace your framework-res.apk file with another one or you will end up with a boot loop. I suggest you pull the new one from this mod and theme it manually. Otherwise, run the revert script and then flash whatever theme you want.

Remove HTC lock screen:
    Code:
    adb shell
    mv /system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk /system/app/HtcLockScreen.bak
    Install DeskClock.apk:
    Code:
    adb remount
    adb push DeskClock.apk /system/app

Requirements:
    • You must be using one of the supported ROMs.
    • Your ROM must be deodexed.
    • If you are using the HTC clock for your alarms, you will have to install the vanilla clock and use it's alarms instead.
    • If you have a request for support on another ROM, just ask. I may even put a tutorial together on how to mod your own framework.
    Install Instructions:
    1. Remove the HTC lock screen if necessary
    2. Install the vanilla clock if necessary
    3. Download the framework zip for the ROM you are running
    4. Download either the Rotary_Music or Rotary_NoMusic zip
    5. Flash both of the zips in recovery
    6. Reboot
    7. Profit

--==--​

Thanks to everyone that has donated