• i switched back to froyo

Votes: 62 26.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Corvus Corax

Mar 8, 2010
Nis
people says 21e still have the GCs.. ?

and best guide to flash? i have p925g (rogers)

I didn't hear of such thing. Maybe those people didn't flash the 21e baseband with the ROM.

The best way to flash a completely new ROM is the KDZ method. Here is the guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18082599

im not getting phone call sometimes on firmware 2.3.5
:(

As I already said, flash the 21E firmware. It fixes that problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Breaking News

IMPORTANT NEWS ON THE GHOST CALL ISSUE

Hi guys. I bought an O3D about 2 months ago via a close friend of mine who is working at the Turkish branch of LG. About 2 weeks ago, I read this topic and discovered that I also was experiencing this issue but I wasn't aware of that to that moment. So after I realized this big problem, I read the whole topic and I confirmed that I have the exact problem on my O3D. After that I immediately called my friend at LG and told him about the problem, summarized to him what I read in this topic and sent him the link of this topic.

He contacted me today to tell me about the progress and he said that there are good news. After my call, he sent an e-mail to the LG HQ at Korea, and after a few days, they directly called him on the phone, and they discussed about the problem. My friend said to me that at first, the research & development department didn't believed this problem of ours, because it didn't showed up on some tests they ran. But after he told them what I told him and he showed this xda topic to them, they realized that this is a pretty big issue.

So, for now we know the global R&D team of LG is developing a patch for this issue, it’s not a brand new baseband but they say it will work. Actually my friend said that LG released a patch in France a few days ago and France branch will send it to the Turkish branch in a couple of days, after that Turkish LG will run some tests with the patch and if it works, they will release it. So, if it is “the” patch, maybe some of you guys can search for it and find out that if it works or not by yourselves, before some official announcement from LG Global.

I hope they will solve this problem of our very soon. If I hear any news, I will write again.

P.S. : I was following this O3D forum for 2 months and this ghost call topic for 2 weeks but I just created an account to write down the news I have for you.
    Wikipedia entry

I just edited the wikipedia page for Optimus 3D

==Software==

The Phone Runs on Android 2.2 (Froyo) from stock. It can be updated to Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) although some phones may require a computer to do this.

Since the release of the "Gingerbread" update (mid November for the European open handsets), many (if not all) of the handsets suffer from what the users themselves refer to as random "ghost-calls". While a caller trying to reach an Optimus 3D owner hears a normal ringing tone on his side, the Optimus 3D doesn't really ring and there is no record of a missed call either. This way, the called party has no knowledge that somebody tried to reach them until the caller complains in person. There is a dedicated thread for the "ghost calls issue" at the web site of XDA developers ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1475351 ) and several complaints have been sent to LG's support page and Facebook wall by users from different countries. Sadly, LG have made no public announcements regarding the issue...

LG have announced that Android 4.0 (ICS) will be released for the Optimus 3D in the Third Quarter of 2012. Users hope the upate will fix previous issues, although they demand that a patch is released as soon as possible.

Take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_Optimus_3D#Software
    4) Are you using the stock or a custom ROM? Promethius V1.2 21E
    5) Are you using a custom kernel? Promethius Kernel V1.2
    This is most probably your problem (in bold). And I'm wondering why you keep posting that the stock V21E has ghost calls when you have have installed a custom rom with a custom kernel. You've already made three posts in three different threads that V21E has ghost calls which clearly isn't true, at least in your case.

I suggest you could read before posting. Some relevant info here:

The creator of the Promethius, samno, said that "Ghost-calls problem is kernel related has always been. You shouldnt have any with stock kernel but if you flash a custom one you may be at risk until lg release there sources for 21E" (here).

Also another member, that didn't have any ghost calls with V21E, has noticed ghost calls immediately after he flashed the Promethius kernel. After he flashed back the stock kernel, the ghost calls disappeared (his post here)

Of course I'm not saying that at the moment the V21E has fixed 100% the ghost calls issue. My first ghost call with the 21A appeared 3 weeks after I installed it, so I guess we have to wait a couple of weeks. However, based on numerous reports here, people who were constantly experiencing ghost calls with the older GB roms don't have any GC so far with the V21E, so there is highly possible that the 21E completely fixed the issue or made it extremely rare.
    Ghost Call Video

I agree, post it on youtube and we'll start spamming it across...

Hey Guys,

Here is a The Video that I made when I experienced a baseband crash, it is not the best production but at least it shows the problem that we all been suffering using this phone.

http://youtu.be/kCdQV8LpIIk

Let's hope LG will finally admit the problem and release a fix for it.
    Ok guys, I have updated the review of Optimus 3D on Turkey's 2nd most visited tech site, stating the ghost call problems of the phone.

You can find the review here (Last paragraph) :

http://www.chip.com.tr/urun/lg-optimus-3d_i3377.html