[Q] HTC One clockworkmod boot loop.
I posted yesterday and it seems like my post has been removed as my email links don't work... not good because that had a lot of history. Let's start from the beginning though and let you know also what I discovered in the process.
Problem Device: HTC One
* Tried to root the phone
* Once I got the step of running command ./fastboot flash recovery name_of_the_recovery.img I instead, due to negligence ran
./fastboot flash boot name_of_the_recovery.img. I was having trouble w/ the last command, simply b/c I was missing recovery (which I'm assuming is a system variable for what the device loads on now) and I ran it with boot instead, too quick and didn't really realize the mistake until after discussion last night on this site.
* This is got to be the main issue as now I'm stuck in a boot loop where if I try to reboot system now it reboots the CWD, which now makes since since that is the "boot" device OS.
* I'm unable to connect to the device via USB on either the mac or pc (that was my last hope). ./fastboot devices nor fastboot.exe devices recognizes the device.
* On Windows, it at least sees the device, mac it doesn't mount.
* I need some sort of brute force strategy here since the normal fastboot/adb connections aren't working.
Is there a way to just simply get into the device via command prompt? Maybe going to Linux might be my best bet? Since there's no sdcard I'm unable to go that route, which is a complete shame and almost makes me wish I didn't get the HTC One, although I love the device.
I'm also not using windows on a vm, so there aren't resource conflict issues between running 2 OS's.
Thanks for any help guys. I'm running out of options I feel and may have officially bricked my first android phone.