Got my Ugoos UM2 and rooted it using Ugoos UT1 method
Got my Ugoos UM2 Android TV from Dealsprime base of all the good reviews I saw on the web, now how to root the Ugoos UM2 ? no info no where only from Ugoos UT1
Edited: I Rooted my Ugoos UM2 using Ugoos UT1 method and it work!! all credit goes to aPadTVadmin
'' How to Root the Ugoos UM2 Android TV Stick''
To gain root on the Ugoos UM2 Android , follow these step-by-step instructions below. Before you start following the steps below, download this file pack, which includes the UT1 and UM2 device driver for Windows and the root utility for RK3188 (Ugoos UM2 Root & Drivers File Download link
), download the files and extract the two folders:
I'm not using it the device drive from above, I'm using Universal USB Drivers
1. Ensure USB Debugging is enabled in the UM2's (Settings/Developer Options/)
2. Connect the Ugoos UM2 to a Windows PC via the UT1's mini-USB port.
3. After you plug-in the USB cable to the PC, the device will be detected and the drivers installed (direct Windows to the folder where the UM2 driver files are located.
4. After the UM2 driver has been successfully installed and the device is detected, go to the folder where you extracted the files and open the RK3188 folder and run the TPSparkyRoot.bat and follow the instructions.
5. After you boot and then reboot the UM2 again (reboot twice) you will then have root access.
LIVE WITH WALKMAN WT19i
- ANDROID OS:
Android - Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
Rooted + Unlocked Bootloader
3.4.68 - nAa+
- CUSTOM ROM:
CM10.1- LX-build 20131108