Broken Xperia Play

Search This thread

mhnx

Sep 23, 2010
Thessaloniki
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hello, one month ago my Xperia Play dropped down on floor and my digitizer broke, I didn't have problems with the touch. I was planning to replace the screen but after a reboot my screen gone wild.

I press the power button to power-on the device and after some seconds I get this screen. In 1~ minute the screen goes off and if I press the wake button this image comes back up, something like it booted and it asks the pin. That means my phone is working and the lcd is dead?
Thanks in advance.

uploadfromtaptalk1398789438743.jpg

Sent from my Evo3D

Last edited:

Bakisha

May 4, 2011
It show colors, so i don't think it's broken lcd. It could be damaged lcd flex cable or slider flex cable. Try to open/close slider multiple times and see are there any changes on the screen.

Reactions: rexodor and mhnx
It show colors, so i don't think it's broken lcd. It could be damaged lcd flex cable or slider flex cable. Try to open/close slider multiple times and see are there any changes on the screen.

In my case it worked, I changed "slider flex cable" and all OK.
But the touch screen does not work well in the last imaginary division of the screen below and on the left side.
Thank you.

Reactions: Bakisha

CriGiu

Apr 6, 2012
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
It works, the screen will be replaced in this week. I have to change the flex cable too? Thanks for your help.

Sent from my Evo 3D

That "fuzzy screen" as they call it is surely caused by the flex cable (I mean the one which connects lcd and other things with MoBo), as it happened to me something like 2 months ago, and I had to replace that cable for the second time.
So you'd better change it, because even if you buy a new screen you won't be able to use it

Inviato dal mio R800i con Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

In my case it worked, I changed "slider flex cable" and all OK.
    But the touch screen does not work well in the last imaginary division of the screen below and on the left side.
    Thank you.