[Recovery] Safestrap Recovery V3.0 [11/07/2012 V3.05.x] [All Versions]

Search This thread
Mar 15, 2011
Is anyone else having issues installing purchased apps on new rom slot? Error says cannot install on USB storage or SD card.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

anoninja118

Mar 31, 2011
L.A.
Is anyone else having issues installing purchased apps on new rom slot? Error says cannot install on USB storage or SD card.

I've seen the same issue on other forums and I believe I saw Hashcode acknowledge this issue on twitter, you're not the only one

sent from my Razr Maxx HD via XDA app

Mar 15, 2011
Yea I believe I saw something about deleting a file called "smdl2tmp1.asec". I wasn't sure if it had anything to do with trying to install on a new rom slot and there not being enough room or what, but I guess I'll just keep digging. Bound to find an answer at some point. Thanks to everyone by the way, devas especially, for your input and making these devices so much better.

epdp14

Jan 19, 2011
Tampa
I am extremely new to flashing with safestrap/moto... is it correct that a rom that is flashed through safestrap cannot use any of the internal SD other than the 1-3GB it is given as /data? I made a copy of the stock JB leak to ROM slot 1 but I don't see any of my internal card stuff, only my external card.

anoninja118

Mar 31, 2011
L.A.
I am extremely new to flashing with safestrap/moto... is it correct that a rom that is flashed through safestrap cannot use any of the internal SD other than the 1-3GB it is given as /data? I made a copy of the stock JB leak to ROM slot 1 but I don't see any of my internal card stuff, only my external card.

I am new to this too and to my understanding I think that's only the space available for the rom/gapps/mods installs not total usage

sent from my Razr Maxx HD via XDA app

SAJdroid

Apr 23, 2012
instal over CWM touch ??

I have CWM touch recovery ( black edition) currently installed can I flash Safestrap over this ??

blacknet101

Dec 4, 2010
California
I downloaded safestrap and every time I tried opening it it force closes. I am rooted and I installed the ota root keeper as well.
idk why the app is closing but its not working for me. some help would be appreciated.

and I know this is off topic and sorry but every time I try to install the leak jb it fails when verifying the zip file. I am on the HD for Verizon. not the maxx version.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium

nnnnr14

Apr 19, 2012
Lagrange
www.youtube.com
I downloaded safestrap and every time I tried opening it it force closes. I am rooted and I installed the ota root keeper as well.
idk why the app is closing but its not working for me. some help would be appreciated.

and I know this is off topic and sorry but every time I try to install the leak jb it fails when verifying the zip file. I am on the HD for Verizon. not the maxx version.

You have to be on the OTA before flashing the JB leak. On stock ics go to setting>about phone>system update and check and install then try to flash the JB leak.

Reactions: blacknet101

manuski

Sep 7, 2010
Anyone know why I can't seem to see the ROM or the ROM slot fix in the file manager when I'm in safe strap?. I have then both on the root of the sd external

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

dustin4863

Jul 3, 2010

Make sure your on the updated super user binaries

Reactions: blacknet101

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***All Credit to Hashcode***
    Take a minute to donate to Hashcode if you like his work: http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4243514

Posted by Hashcode on Page 9:

Updated Safestrap for RAZR-HD/Atrix-HD to v3.12:

Download the APK Installer Here for "RAZR-HD/ATRIX-HD"
    md5sum: 9b3d75e84c06d1e71af1bf1bad57faf3
    FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS: How to Safestrap

CHANGES:
    [01/04] (3.12) Fix initial file selector location for backup/restore
    [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
    [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
    [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions. * STILL TESTING -- BUGGY*
    [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM
    After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
    During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
    [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
    [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    - The entire TWRP team who has built an AMAZING recovery system.
    - The testers (BigDX) which have helped in past and present versions of Safestrap, knowing that it could mean they brick their devices.

As always let Hashcode know what you think!!!
    I have a few things I'm going to try for the paid app fix.

Feel free to monitor the other thread or follow me on twitter for updates:
    @hashcode0f

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
    Updated Safestrap for RAZR-HD/Atrix-HD to v3.12:

Download the APK Installer Here for "RAZR-HD/ATRIX-HD"
    md5sum: 9b3d75e84c06d1e71af1bf1bad57faf3
    FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS: How to Safestrap

CHANGES:
    • [01/04] (3.12) Fix initial file selector location for backup/restore
    • [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
    • [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
    • [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions. * STILL TESTING -- BUGGY*
    • [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM
      • After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
      • During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
    • [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
    • [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)
    For users running jellybean leak only
    INSTRUCTIONS for getting STOCK running on a rom-slot:

[ EDIT: 11/15, Removed fix-rom-slot.zip from instructions. It's no longer needed and screws up paid apps. ]

STEPS:

1. Install Safestrap 3 from the above notes
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Make a backup of your stock rom slot
    4. Go into "Boot Options" and create a new rom-slot (if you haven't) -- 1GB data is probably good enough for most users
    5. Once that is created it may say "rom slot: off" at the top, make sure to go back into the new rom-slot and use "Activate" button
    6. Now use the "Restore" button on the main menu to restore the backup you made of stock to the new rom-slot
    7. When that's done restoring, use "Wipe" -> "Factory Reset" and then "Dalvik Cache" from the main menu
    8. At this point you should have a full working copy of the stock MotoBlur ROM on a rom-slot which you can flash and modify w/o fear of bricking.
    9. Reboot and enjoy

IF USERS on STOCK ICS want a method for getting that onto a rom-slot as well, let Hashcode know.
    I can second this. But sadly. Tuesday I will be a dna man.

-tapped from my RAZR maxx HD with Safestrap

Haha...have fun with that quad core with only a 2000ma battery and fixed 16gigs

That phone is a joke..lmao rofl

Good luck