DSMLawmo ??

Search This thread

tlf55

Mar 21, 2011
What is that ? It's running background .. Can i frooze it with Titanium Backup safely ?

Reactions: SupDr

tlf55

Mar 21, 2011
Recently i faced some SMS problem,(like send a sms and receive one at the SAME time won't send the sms ..) that's gone i don't know how exactly and now i'm afraid to frooze any app that have a reference with sms texting ..

So are these app have a link with SMS ?

Reactions: Eternal00

Sun90

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 1, 2011
MYSORE - KARNATAKA - INDIA
What is that ? It's running background .. Can i frooze it with Titanium Backup safely ?

DSM states for "Dedicated Security Management " Which allows this app to get a full control over the phone using voice channel only... Dsmlawmo is to get full control over the phone, track it, reset and stuff like that. It's probably to control and repair the phone remotely when calling tmo cs.

u can freeze it using TB(Titanium backup);)

also see this link below for applications that r safe to remove:)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AnO2-4y6yE1gdDJRekl4QmkyNmIzUmRvX2h3UDVkQXc&output=html

Last edited:

mghpour

Jan 29, 2013
Recently i faced some SMS problem,(like send a sms and receive one at the SAME time won't send the sms ..) that's gone i don't know how exactly and now i'm afraid to frooze any app that have a reference with sms texting ..

So are these app have a link with SMS ?

defrost badgprovider.apk or service whatever it is

Andrew Marais

Jul 31, 2012
Free nuking of permissions

Alternatively you could try revoking all its rights using: 'Permission Manager - App ops' on the play store

I would have added a link but apparently even Google play store links are blocked here. :rolleyes:

Babsvujaklijs

Feb 8, 2016
How do you find DSLawmo on a samdung tablet, I have looked at all my apps?. Also I dont use as a phone but do use messenger so do I need to worry?

SamtheSung

Feb 25, 2016
Alternatively you could try revoking all its rights using: 'Permission Manager - App ops' on the play store
I would have added a link but apparently even Google play store links are blocked here. :rolleyes:

Some virusscanner saw this DSMLawmo as a virus but could not delete it because it was installed in a special way or blah, sorry can't remember. I tried removing everything by hand but that worked for all the folders but one. One that did not want to be deleted and copied itself within the folder 247 times and probably keeps repeating this process endlessly so I can not get access to it. (at least that is what I understood how some uploads in FTP in the earlier days could stay alive)
However on an Android I can not try something like RMDIR /q /s

Even after hard resetting, putting a new stockrom in it and the folder is still there. I tried rooting it but I don't understand yet what it is giving me extra. I went to that app in my phone after that rooting but did not see any useful options. I tried installing Cyanogenmod but it kept giving that Error 7 I think and even after cleaning everyhting back to stock it still gave an error, only the stock wanted to be on but the folder remains.

I'm not sure but I think also because of this I could not copy anything from the PC to the phone memory.
Not sure how I got it because I hardly do anything with my phone, few apps from playstore and phone once in a while. Never played any games or downloaded from other sites.

Top Liked Posts