Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
Ok, so this is the story so far:
  • I purchased the phone
  • Rooted the phone
  • < some weeks/months pass >
  • Installed BMA6 for I9305 (not N, radio not working) (at this point I had sboot for I9305)
  • Installed radio for I9305N (radio not working)
  • Tried CM10.1 (radio not working)
  • Restored my stock ROM with cleared data partition: XXALIA system with COVALI7 CSC and XXALI8 modem (radio not working)
  • Restored nandroid of XXALIA... see above (radio working)
  • Installed I9305NXXBMA2_I9305NNEEBMA2_NEE (sboot for I9305N now) (radio not working)
  • Restored my stock ROM with cleared data partition: XXALIA system with COVALI7 CSC and XXALI8 modem (didn't try booting)
  • Installed XXBLL1 modem on top of nandroid (radio still works)

So it seems that the radio is only working when I am at literally the stock software that shipped with my phone. I have no idea what's going on.

I am open to pretty much any suggestions here, please help me!

UPDATE: Discovered that installing Perseus kernel on Samsung roms fixes the problem. Still need to figure out why...

Last edited:
Reactions: ilai

Magik_Breezy

Oct 15, 2012
OnePlus 7
Google Pixel 6 Pro
You must be going wrong somewhere. Do a complete system restore (emergency firmware restore on Kies if you have to) flash CWM or TWP recovery, then just wipe both caches, data, system, install CM or LS, wipe data then boot.
If you go through that whole process exactly like that and your radio still doesn't work then I will be amazed as both CM and LS don't flash your modem

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium

Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
You must be going wrong somewhere. Do a complete system restore (emergency firmware restore on Kies if you have to) flash CWM or TWP recovery, then just wipe both caches, data, system, install CM or LS, wipe data then boot.
If you go through that whole process exactly like that and your radio still doesn't work then I will be amazed as both CM and LS don't flash your modem

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium

I can try an emergency firmware restore on Kies I guess.

AndreiLux

Jul 9, 2011
Sorry, don't know why it specifically only works on Perseus, but I use quite different sources to the official Samsung ones so there might be something different in the modem APIs which makes it work.

Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
Right, I've had enough of this, sending it to service center tomorrow... stockified of course.

EDIT: Change of plans, system status in bootloader won't reset to stock so I am back to Perseus kernel... guess I'm gonna have to actually figure this out after all...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, so this is the story so far:
    • I purchased the phone
    • Rooted the phone
    • < some weeks/months pass >
    • Installed BMA6 for I9305 (not N, radio not working) (at this point I had sboot for I9305)
    • Installed radio for I9305N (radio not working)
    • Tried CM10.1 (radio not working)
    • Restored my stock ROM with cleared data partition: XXALIA system with COVALI7 CSC and XXALI8 modem (radio not working)
    • Installed I9305NXXBMA2_I9305NNEEBMA2_NEE (sboot for I9305N now) (radio not working)
    • Restored my stock ROM with cleared data partition: XXALIA system with COVALI7 CSC and XXALI8 modem (didn't try booting)
    • Installed XXBLL1 modem on top of nandroid (radio still works)

So it seems that the radio is only working when I am at literally the stock software that shipped with my phone. I have no idea what's going on.

I am open to pretty much any suggestions here, please help me!

UPDATE: Discovered that installing Perseus kernel on Samsung roms fixes the problem. Still need to figure out why...

I don't see a fix yet, but at least there are others with the same problem. Thanks for the link!